Device offline after reboot

ad6
ad6 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Hi,

I have a BeagleBone device that I would like to remotely access to. I installed the agent and assigned it to my account, it was working fine, then I had to reboot the device and since it is indicated as offline and I can't bring it back online.

The agent is on anf marked as online and active on the BeagleBone side (info and status commands), but it is greyed out on the dashboard and I can't access it. Restarting the agent did not solve the issue.

How can I bring the device back online and how can I make sure I don't lose it every time I have to reboot?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠

Hi @ad6

Could you check if the device has the same TeamViewer ID: the one that is saved in your C&C list is the same if you are running the info command on the device?

Which version of the IoT Agent is running on?

Thank you,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• ad6
    edited July 2022

Hi @mircea_c,

I tried the whole process again: deleted the device in the inventory, reinstalled the agent and assigned it following the procedure on the Management Console to add a BeagleBone device.

After the installation, the device ID was the same with the info command and in the inventory, then after the reboot the ID had changed on the device side (info command). Is there a way to prevent this form happening?

Agent version is 2.22.2.

Thank you.

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠

HI @ad6

Could you check on the machine if the machine id is the same in /etc/machine-id or the mac address is changing?

This are used for the TeamViewer ID

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• ad6

Hi @mircea_c,

After the reboot and the change in the device number, I did not reinstall the whole agent I just re-assigned it by using the "sudo teamviewer-iot-agent assign" command. Since then, it seems that rebooting doesn't have an effect anymore and the device appears as online even after reboot.

I'll try to confirm that on a second device.

Thank you.

• ad6

Hi @mircea_c,

Just tried with another device, the machine-id and MAC address didn't change but the device-id in teamviewer agent did, resulting in a loss of the device after reboot. After re-assignment, it seems that the device-id doesn't change anymore when rebooting.

I tried uninstalling the agent and reinstalling again, and it seems that I get the exact same device id after the first assignment than before uninstalling, and then the exact same id after reboot than before uninstalling the agent. So the id's are repeatable on the same hardware.

The problem seems to be linked to the assignment procedure, which would be slightly different between the first asignment after installation and when the device is assigned after a reboot.

Best regards.