Testing API gives me "Bearer token missing." error

I created an App Script Token with Computer & Contacts -> View Entries permissions, and then I go to the webapi.teamviewer.com website to test the API and I am getting the "Bearer token missing." error

For steps, I copied my token created under the App Script piece, pasted it into the Bearer Token heading at the top of the webapi test page and hit Explore. Then I copied a TeamViewer ID from one of the computers I have access to and hit Try now! and it returned the following response

{

"error": "invalid_token",

"error_description": "Bearer token missing.",

"error_code": 2

}.

Am I creating the wrong type of App token? Or do I need to have additional permissions other than just View Entries? Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Answers

• Bruso
    Bruso Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi Zach5621,

I have the same problem, have you solved it?

Thank,

Alessandro

• Bruso
    Bruso Posts: 4 ✭✭

it works using another API platform.

best,

Alessandro

• Hi Zac,

One thing you might've missed is adding 'Bearer' as the prefix to the token (case sensitive).

E.g 'Bearer 1234-1234-1234'

Regards

• beastbeats
    beastbeats Posts: 1

When testing via webapi.teamviewer.com, the token should be placed in the "Bearer Token" field at the top before exploring. Also, confirm if the TeamViewer ID you're using has the necessary permissions associated with your token. Keep an eye on any additional error messages or logs that might provide more insights. Sometimes, small details like an extra space or a character can cause such errors.