Scrolling using a Mac touchpad is broken

Gorgull
Gorgull Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm using TeamViewer on Mac (with different macOS versions) to control a Windows 10 computer, and whenever I'm scrolling vertically using the Mac trackpad, happens to trigger horizontal scrolling at the same time, which forces me to use a mouse with a scroll wheel for certain tasks like programming.

This is very very frustrating because I find the keyboard mapping excellent and I really feel like the remote machine is actually the one I'm directly working on.

Best Answer

Answers

• kevupton
    kevupton Posts: 1

I have this problem as well. This issue makes it unbearable to use Teamviewer. Is there any other platforms that can be used for mac?

• Parallels work and cost less, TeamViewer does not seem to care to fix this. Makes it useless for me too. 

• romeroabelleira
    romeroabelleira Posts: 1

This is super frustrating. I keep an old mouse attached just because of Teamviewer. I'd appreciate a timeline on a fix or even just the knowledge that this is anywhere on the company's radar.

• psathas
    psathas Posts: 1

Same problem here. Scrolling is not working properly from my MacBook.

• harrmenos
    harrmenos Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

Same here, scrolling from mac touchpad is broken. I don't want to use a mouse, so I use a TeamViewer alternative!

• giorgio169fve15
    giorgio169fve15 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Good morning,

since a week the scrolling of my two optical mouses is not working on the team viewer session, on my mac everything is working fine. Have been some updates that changed the settings?

Thanks in advance

• Dave_BKB
    Dave_BKB Posts: 2 ✭✭

Also having issues with scrolling from Macbook to a Windows machine as well - did anyone find a solution?

• pikrr
    pikrr Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

I am experiencing similar issues. The mouse wheel is responding very slowly, or not at all. On the Mac everything works fine. The TeamViewer sessions are to Windows or Linux systems.

TeamViewer version 15.25.5 from December 12, 2021.

That date is also about the time when the issue started occurring.

@giorgio169fve15 : Did you find a solution?

• Himeko
    Himeko Posts: 4 ✭✭

Since 3 days ago I can't scroll down while connected to my home pc, only up works. Mouse works fine on the guest computer.

• rwendt
    rwendt Posts: 1

My mouse scroll works fine on my local pc, but after connecting via team viewer the scroll does not work. Anyone ever have this issue? Thanks

• PeterLA
    PeterLA Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have the same problem since v15.33.7. Anybody has a solution?

• EpicLPer
    EpicLPer Posts: 7 ✭✭

Having the same issue, but from a Windows PC to a Windows PC. On the "client" I'm connecting from scrolling up and down works fine, but on the "host" I'm trying to control those up/down commands are detected as "left/right" for whatever reason, so I can't scroll anything on the remote PC with the mouse wheel.

• EpicLPer

Same here for some reason, scrolling up/down on my local PC works fine but on the remote PC I'm connected to it comes through as "left/right" instead.

• EpicLPer

Hi,

it seems that a very recent update may have broken something with the way scrolling is handled in TeamViewer.

Using something like AutoHotKey to display currently sent key/mouse events it shows on the client I connect from the proper "Wheel Up / Wheel Down" events, however on the host PC I connect to it receives it as "Wheel Left / Wheel Right" for some reason.

Can the team at TeamViewer please look into this issue? I'm glad to also provide logs and anything else needed such as hardware, etc.!

• Miro
    Miro Posts: 1

Same issue I've got as well

Any update on this?

Thanks

• EpicLPer

Hi,

it seems that a very recent update may have broken something with the way scrolling is handled in TeamViewer.

Using something like AutoHotKey to display currently sent key/mouse events it shows on the client I connect from the proper "Wheel Up / Wheel Down" events, however on the host PC I connect to it receives it as "Wheel Left / Wheel Right" for some reason.

Can the team at TeamViewer please look into this issue? I'm glad to also provide logs and anything else needed such as hardware, etc.!

Thanks in advance!

• EL2I_OlivierMuller
    EL2I_OlivierMuller Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, for at least a week (I noticed the problem Friday August 26, 2022).

The issue can also be monitored quite easily by trying to scroll in a stylsheet (like Excel): when you'll try to scroll vertically it will instead scroll horizontally : scrolling Down -> scroll Left and scrolling Up -> scroll Right (Note that the horizontall scroll work like intendead).

That also mean that in some softwares, such as Notepad, when there are no horizontal scrollbar, the scrolling is reversed, because for it, scrolling to Right means scrolling downward and vice versa. 

In many other cases the scroll is just not working, probably because the vertical scrolling is not implemented/suported.

My currently TeamViewer versions are:

- local computer : Insider version "15.34.1 (64 bits) Preview", with Windows 11 (21H2, build 22000.856)

- remote computer : "15.33.7 (32 bits)", with Windows 10 (21H2, build 19044.1949)

• EpicLPer
    edited September 2022

In the meantime you can install an older version to fix this, here's one I found on WayBackMachine (please check the signature first and make sure before you install that it indeed is from TeamViewer!!! I take no responsibility!):

15.30.3.0 - 64 Bit: [Removed per Community Guidelines]

• Scooter256
    Scooter256 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

I second this problem. Mine started around the same time too. I tried completely difference source computers, different mice, drivers, making sure control or shift wasn't stuck at either end, and the problem persists regardless of the destination OS. It's a pain in the **bleep** not being able to scroll :(

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for this feedback, and for bringing this to our attention.

Based on the recent reports found in this older thread, we will forward this issue internally so it may be looked into.

As soon as we have more information, we will reach out here.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Keesue
    Keesue Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

I have the same issue. Here are some data points:

Mac Air to Mac Mini and vice versa, scrolling works correctly with mouse and trackpad.

Mac Mini/Air to any Windows10 PC, scrolling works in only one direction with trackpad on Air and mouse on Mini.

Windows 10 PC to either Mac, scrolling does not work in either direction with mouse or trackpad.

Windows 10 to Windows 10, scrolling does not work.

Summary: Scrolling only works between Macs in my testing.

N.B.: All machines have current OS builds and TV updates.

Hope this is helpful and thanks!

• Himeko
    Himeko Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hope this is fixed soon, it's a pain using a remote computer like this.

• vr_driver
    vr_driver Posts: 9 ✭✭

+1 for the bug. Rather frustrating when I need to zoom in for audio editing. An expedited fix would be much appreciated.

Connecting from Mac (12.5.1 (21G83)) -> Windows Server 2019 v1809

TV versions: 15.34.1 (29d9d5bbcdf) -> 14.5.2452

• CBBE1
    CBBE1 Posts: 1

Has anyone been able to resolve this? Scroll wheel has stopped working in my TV sessions a couple of weeks ago. Scroll works fine on my desktop but when I remote in via TV, I cannot use scroll within the session. It works fine in both machines when you are working directly on them - just doesn't work remotely.

• cbs01
    cbs01 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Having the same issue here. Not able to mouse scroll while in a TV session. Scrolling works otherwise outside of a TV session. Did a recent update break this? Thanks

• DNScompanies
    DNScompanies Posts: 6 ✭✭

Met too on bot a 65" samsung and an 85" samsung. Super annoying. TeamViewer must realize we're using large monitors so we don't need to stack our sessions... right?

......As I grab the scroll bar to slide down to the "Post Comment" button :-/

• fsgiudice
    fsgiudice Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

+1

same error here using TV 15.34.2 currently.

Mouse wheel scroll down problem happens from about 2 months.

Now with today update also wheel scroll up does not work.

Connected either from Windows PC to Windows PC both with Windows 10 Pro updated to last patch than from NB Windows 11 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. But same problem towards customers PC.

• GVV
    GVV Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a question regarding a scrolling issue I have when connected to my laptop.

I'm running the latest insider version of TV on both sides (15.34.2) . I don't know if the mouse model does matter so for complete information, my mouse is a Steelseries Rival 600.

When connected to my laptop I can't scroll down, up scrolling is working. Of course scrolling is working locally.

Any suggestions what to do? Is this a common issue?

• slemay
    slemay Posts: 28 ✭✭

I'm seeing the exact same thing here - it's a bug for sure. I was hoping they'd have fixed it by now. :(