Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• MauricioNeri
    MauricioNeri Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

I use the TV only to support my father, and it is dropping my connection because it is considered Professional Use.

I am wondering how It can be considered professional use if the unique machine I connect is my father's machine sometimes in the year.

• Giorgosc
    Giorgosc Posts: 5 ✭✭

The 3 user are 2, I support and me. I don't participate in commercial. This is all I support.

I asked a 4-5 times and I get a message they give an email, that now I am free to use.

The problem is after a minute it cuts off the connection. Then I have to wait the time I can support.

It is very frustrating. I don't know what to do.

Does anybody have any suggetions. Do other people have this problem?

I can't go through the regular support, because I did not purchase it.

Do I have to give the team user ID for all of us or only me?

• Czaja
    Czaja Posts: 1

Hello. I have question, i using team viever for check my progress in mmo game in home PC when i have FREE time in work. I play Lineage 2 and need often login by remote, for check that game play, not disconnect, no character dead etc. Is it legal for FREE version? I got ban for team viever for using FREE for commercial. So i ask that unban is possible or not. I tryed did something from phone for come back to FREE version, but idk that i did all good and i dont krew how fast will i get any answer.

• Jormika
    Jormika Posts: 1

The program announces that I am using Teamviewer for commercial use, which I'm not.

How to correct the situation?

• Dear community,

I am a Ph.D. student working at a University, and I only use Teamviewer to access my windows computer from my Ubuntu computer, since some softwares are only available on Windows.

Now, Teamviewer is telling me 'COMMERCIAL USE DETECTED'. How can I solve this issue?

Thank you a lot.

• ffffffffffffff
    ffffffffffffff Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know why the submit form for personal use is not working?

My personal account has been flagged but I use it for home use only.

They got rid of support, phone and chat for us, and their support form either doesn't work (can't sign etc so the form doesn't get submitted) or they don't answer you for months. I'm currently waiting from two I submitted a while ago.........

Thoughts?

• craigjamin
    craigjamin Posts: 1

This happened to me as well just a few moments ago. I only use this for home and no other access or support. This is even on Windows 10 Home, not Pro.

• ffffffffffffff
    ffffffffffffff Posts: 2 ✭✭

I haven't been able to use mine for weeks. I use it because of my disability so not having the free version license as a free user is kinda a slap in the face when none of their workflows allow us to properly unflag ourselves, or get support directly.

• TheWhiiteWolf
    TheWhiiteWolf Posts: 2 ✭✭

Got new HTPC and now i'm being flagged again, got it resolved with my last one using the reset manager. But now when I go to the manager it only allows me to download my old copy of the user agreement. How do i submit a new form?

• Nickiepak
    Nickiepak Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

I'm using the Teamviewer for remote my personal computer for playing game only, however, it will popup the message and said "the teamviewer session has timed out and will be closed" please help to check

ID: [removed per Community Guidelines]

ID: [removed per Community Guidelines]

thanks Team!

• Nickiepak
    Nickiepak Posts: 2 ✭✭

• I started using free license to connect to my personal computer. After one month of use, I received a message that I'm using TeamViewer for commercial use and that I have to buy a license. This is sneaky marketing. I removed TeamViewer from my personal computer. I can't submit a ticket to cancel/delete my free Team Viewer account, because I don't have a paid license. Paid and free customers should have to follow a difficult process to cancel and delete an account.

• Speed1
    Speed1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

the error i get is this

unable to connect

a connection could not be established, it seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. connecting to this device requires a valid teamviewer license for you or your partner.

if i click on "more info" it wants me to buy a business plan

a few things.

I was able to access all of my personal devices when i had access to a business license. i have left the company. i create a new account for my personal use to access my device

i made sure to remove my devices from the business account

i then logged in to each device with my new account.

i then tried to connect to one of my devices i then got that error.

any help would be great

• readhead_C_W_2022
    readhead_C_W_2022 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

• I can connect but am always timed out after a minute. This is for academic non-commercial use

• Hello,

Teamviewer ha decided to detect a commercial use on my account, so now my remote sessions can be at the max of 5min. Ihave already done a request change for this at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ but there i can only download my last request (July). So i can't make a second request now

Obviously, i'm writing this post because i'm using TeamViewer for private purposes only

Thank tou in advance

• Janogueira
    Janogueira Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi, TeamViewer is saying that I am using it for commercial purpose and it is not truth. I use it sometimes only to see a diferent PC I have near me not to have to stand up ever and ever. Both PCs are in the same room under the same acoount. How can I explain TeamV this misunderstood? Thanks, José Nogueira, from Coimbra, PT.

• Lalmond59_
    Lalmond59_ Posts: 4 ✭✭

Why does team viewer only stay connected for about 5 min. Trying to help my Dad who is in Texas and I am In Ohio. Takes longer than 5 min to fix his issues

• Lalmond59_
    Lalmond59_ Posts: 4 ✭✭

Tram viewer disconnects around 5min. Need it to stay connected longer than this

• BOFH
    BOFH Posts: 1

The company I used to work for used TeamViewer so I had this installed with a commercial licence for work and also used it for personal use as well.

I have now created a new personal TeamViewer account as I left the company today.

When I try to connect the attached error message appears

I can connect fine from my new laptop, its just my main computer that will not connect, im assuming this is as its been used for commercial use for several years. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling TeamViewer but this makes no difference. How do I get TV to accept it is now 100% personal use?

Thanks

• wakid_anwar
    wakid_anwar Posts: 2 ✭✭

This happened when I was doing remote access to the laptop, at that time I was remotely using a smartphone. But the information "Comercial Use" appears. Even though my laptop and smartphone are in 1 network.

Can anyone provide a solution?

• cgstv0622
    cgstv0622 Posts: 13 ✭✭

I guess this is a tough one?

• nikfinity
    nikfinity Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi Support,

I have teamviewer free for a long time now. I have the latest version (15.33.7) and just my personal pc on my account. I only login view my personal mobile phone with the team viewer app. It was about a week ago that this start happening. Can you explain why my account is consider as a commercial account? How can I get this reset?

Thank you

Tony

• kkris87
    kkris87 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,

Almost always when (I use teamviewer for personal use) I connect from my PC (Win10) to my father's iPhone (currently iOS 15.6.1, he's using quick support), I am disconnected within 30 seconds at most. That doesn't happen when I connect to his PC. I've placed pdf request multiple times that I use the app for personal use but I have no idea what might be the cause here... Same happened when I tried to connect from my iPad. I cannot really support him from time to time on his iPhone as I cannot see he's screen and guide him. Any ideas ? I suppose some people might have had same issue ?

• Roeln
    Roeln Posts: 1

The only reason I used teamviewer is to help my parents with their computer. Today I want to user teamviewer after a long time and it was blocked because they think I'll use it commercial. How do I fixed that or Teamviewer organization fixed it.

• Paul_mihovic
    Paul_mihovic Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

Hi,

I have Teamviewer free trial for private use. I use it mostly to connect with my mum's uncle. He is old and like to write, but he does not know to use computer the best. Because he often call me to help him. Maybe that is once a month. Teamviewer probably remembered that ID, so it doesn't allow me to access any more. Can you help me what to do, because I do not use it in commercial purposes. Thank you.

• NeiljaH
    NeiljaH Posts: 1

I've used my android phone to access my mom's desktop for a number of years. Recently the system views us as commercial users and shuts me out after a few minutes. How can l get back to personal use status?

• Pixelgrower
    Pixelgrower Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

Well, after weeks have gone by, and the many posts detailing similar problems to mine have gone unanswered.. I can only assume that commercial sales have taken a dive and Teamviewer is coming after the guy who helps family and churches, to get their money now!

[removed per Community Guidelines]

The prohibitively high cost of Teamviewer does not even make it a reachable product for someone who might want to avoid the constant lockout from NON-COMMERCIAL-USE. I have taken my business (volunteerism) to a company that offers reasonable service for someone doing NON-COMMERCIAL support, at a decent price.

Good-bye Teamviewer - tired of getting locked out of your software, every couple of months for helping my ex-wife and family navigate the unknown!

Gil Tennant

• ken18
    ken18 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

When I use the Andoid app "TeamViewer" it claims me to use the app in "commercial usage" and locks me out after 5 min?

I don't know how how they can think so, I maybe use it for max 5 min per month and for only one computer.

I have been in contact with TeamViewer before and they did something to make this go away but now it is back again?

What can I do and where to turn?

/br Ken