Scrolling using a Mac touchpad is broken

2»

Answers

• vr_driver
    vr_driver Posts: 9 ✭✭

Funny. I've just updated to the latest version on my mac: Version: 15.34.4 (30c336d9f03)

No scrolling at all now. lol

• Keesue
    Keesue Posts: 3 ✭✭

Fixed! Many thanks.

• vr_driver
    vr_driver Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

Hey TeamViewer team. Where are we at this this no scroll bug??? This is a 1%er bug that has to be squashed, as it causes fundamental desktop use to be ruined. @JoshP

• Himeko
    Himeko Posts: 4 ✭✭

It seems to be fixed for me, though I'm using another guest PC now. Sept 23rd update.

• nealcroxford
    nealcroxford Posts: 2 ✭✭

The mouse scroll wheel has stopped working when I remotely control a PC via teamviewer. The scroll wheel works locally on apps on my mac, but do not work at all via teamviewer. This work working last week.

Any ideas?

• pooh_1401
    pooh_1401 Posts: 5 ✭✭

My Macbook also has the same error. When connected to my desktop I can't scroll down, up scrolling is working. Of course scrolling is working locally. hix .... I installed version 15.34.4 for MacOS. I don't know how to fix it

• pooh_1401

My Macbook also has the same error. I don't know how to fix it hix

• macbook1995
    macbook1995 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Im facing the same issue here as well.

Mouse scrolling in teamviewer remote dekstop stop working today, while it works fine locally on my mac.

• macbook1995

i hav the same problem here.

My mouse scrolling wheel doesnt work on teamviewer remote access dekstop , it works fine locally on my macbook.

Any solution to this ? As it is real annoying affecting my working efficiency

• Himeko
    Himeko Posts: 4 ✭✭

Try the insider builds, latest one works for me again.

• macbook1995

hi himeko, i have enable both my host Macbook Teamviewer to Public Beta (MacOS version of insider builds) and my remote dekstop PC to Insider Builds. It still doesn't work at the moment.

Teamviewer Team, I am subscribing business license, please solve this bug ASAP ! Tell me how autocad works without mouse scrolling function!

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello all,

Thanks a lot for all your reports. 🙌

We are currently checking with our dev team and will revert as soon as we have more information to share.

Thank you for your patience and trust.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• pikrr
    pikrr Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same issue here. Mouse wheel scrolling is completely broken, making TeamViewer unusable. This is not the first time this bug has been there, and apparently it has resurfaced.

Some data points:

macOS Catalina, 10.15.7

Remote Desktop to Windows 10

TeamViewer 15.34.4 -- broken mouse wheel behaviour

TeamViewer 15.35.1 -- broken mouse wheel behaviour

• JeanK

Hi all,

After talking with our dev team, I can confirm that this issue is fixed in our next Public beta that will be available in a few days.

This article shows you how to access the Public beta in macOS.

In the meantime, the only solution to scroll is to use the touchpad.

I'll ping you guys in this thread once the Public beta that includes the fix is available.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• pikrr

It would be helpful if at least the version prior to 15.34.4 could be made available for download, allowing for a rollback.

With this type of crippling bug, and the expected fix time -- to reach just a public beta -- we for sure are going to disable automatic updates.

Also, "the only solution to scroll is to use the touchpad" does not apply to Mac clients without a touchpad, e.g. MacMini.

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

The Public beta v15.35.3 is now available to download!

As described above, feel free to install it on your devices and check if it fixes the issue!

Happy to hear about your feedback.

/JeanK

@vr_driver @pooh_1401 @macbook1995 @nealcroxford @pikrr

Community Manager

• pikrr

The Public Beta v15.35.3 resolves the broken mouse wheel behaviour on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Thanks!

• JeanK

That's great to hear! Thanks a lot for getting back so quickly. 🙌

Community Manager

• pooh_1401

Hi JeanK

The beta just only scroll to use the touchpad not on mouse

I'm waiting to fix this error :(

I use on MacOS Big Sur

• Gorgull
    Gorgull Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks, this version finally fixes the scrolling problem :)

However and for some reason, the latest official / release build prevents from connecting to a LAN TeamViewer using an IP address, which sound like a bug considering the beta build doesn't suffer from the same problem.

Anyways, thanks again for your answer, it really helps.