Odd issue: Some apps (including teamviewer) do not display although others do

Hello,

I connect from TeamViewer 15.35.5 (current version) on a Windows 10 computer to TeamViewer on Windows 11 on a laptop and have two issues:

1. When I connect, I only see a black screen. Then I connect to the same laptop from TeamViewer 15.35.162 CL on my Android phone and as soon as this connection is established, both sessions show the current screen on the laptop. I disconnected several times and the behavior was always the same. I cannot get the initial session of TeamViewer to work without also connecting through my phone. Any idea what might cause the issue of the initial black screen?
  2. Although the connection is then established, not all apps display what they should, some just show a blank rectangle with only the name of the app displaying on top while others like Windows explorer or Opera display fine. I attach a screenshot to show this very odd behavior. Any idea what might cause this and how to fix it?

If need be, I can live with the first issue but not with the second since I need to work with the apps that are not displaying.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Answers

• Phyllo
    Phyllo Posts: 2 ✭✭

Did really nobody encounter either of the two problems so far or has an idea on what might be happening?

Could it have anything to do with the laptop being setup to use dark mode?

I've used TeamViewer for many years at work and I never had a problem like this but I guess that the computers I connect to there are usually not setup to run in dark mode by default. If that might be the cause, is it a known issue and is there a fix for it?

• CMcFarland
    CMcFarland Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I am having a similar issue. I don't know if the laptop is set to be dark mode though - I will try to check that. Several of my programs will not display correctly and the start menu is one of them. The setup menus are also a mess if you have to scroll at all. The scroll bar is very small and will show scrolling, but the screen does not change. You also cannot select any of the items on the screen - the scrolling seems to occur, but the screen does not update if that makes any sense.

Is there any threads where this is addressed? The laptop I am using is 4500 miles away from me - it worked fine for several days after I got back home, but now will not allow me to use some of the critical software I have installed on it. [removed per Community Guidelines]

• eduedp
    eduedp Posts: 1

Are you using the laptop with the lid closed and no other external display connected? If so, that's the problem.

I have the same problem here and I can confirm that when the lid is open, the problem doesn't occur.

I found a stackoverflow answer saying to install a monitor driver in teamviewer advanced settings, but I'm on Teamviewer (15) latest version and this option doesn't exist.

https://superuser.com/questions/1271344/fake-montitor-for-teamviewer-on-laptop-with-closed-lid