A recent update has removed the easy ability to add a currently connected computer to "My partners"

A recent TeamViewer update has removed the easy ability to add a currently connected computer to "My partners". Previously I could click the star in the tab of the connected computer, it would bring up the "Add remote computer/Properties" box with the currently connected computer's TeamViewer ID already filled in, and I would just type in an Alias to save it to the "My partners" list. Other than clicking the star in the connected computer's tab (which is now missing), is there an easy way to accomplish what I used to be able to do?

The only way I could figure out is highlight/copy the TeamViewer ID of the currently connected computer, then go to the "Add remote computer" drop-down, then paste the TeamViewer ID into the field.

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @mjc775,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! Great to see you posting for the first time! 🚀

After talking to our dev team, I can confirm that, due to technical reasons, this feature has been removed in our latest update.

It will be added back in our upcoming release. The next release should be available tomorrow evening.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• mjc775
    mjc775 Posts: 4 ✭✭

As of v15.36.8 I could not find an option to add an existing session's TeamViewer ID to "My partners". It used to be done via a star on the tab on the top. Am I missing something?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @mjc775,

I've talked with our dev team and I can confirm that the feature will be back soon.

I'll let you know here once I've news to share!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• mjc775
    mjc775 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

The feature was added back in [Windows] v15.37.3 — TeamViewer Support