Accessibility in TeamViewer

Good morning, community

I have a problem with TeamViewer

I am a blind user, and I use TeamViewer with screen readers.

TeamViewer used to offer good accessibility, but, in recent versions, I can't use TeamViewer with screen readers

I'm running version 15.19.5.0 and it still has accessibility until now

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator

Hi @MesterPerfect,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and we appreciate your explanation of your situation in detail.

Regarding screen reader functionality, we would like to share some background information with you:

We have introduced a new technical framework for the UI of the client to introduce new features in the future.

This is a step-by-step process. Unfortunately, the implementation of the screen reader functionality demands certain improvements that will be implemented next.

Meanwhile, we recommend people who are relying on this feature to contact us directly via a private message so we can assist you further. Therefore, please feel free to send me your email address in a private message.

I'm looking forward to your message.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• MesterPerfect
    MesterPerfect Posts: 3 ✭✭

hi @Akiho

I look forward to helping you

I contact you via private messages

• Akiho

Hi @MesterPerfect,

Thank you for getting back to me. I also appreciate your help in advising other users to contact us.

I forwarded it to our dedicated team internally and also generated a support ticket.

Kindly check your email inbox and reply to the ticket.

Thank you for your understanding in this process.

Best,

Akiho

• MesterPerfect
    MesterPerfect Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thank you for help

I am waiting for the ticket to be e-mailed

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision Posts: 1

Hi. So I'm another blind user, whose been significantly helped by others over the years with TeamViewer, Probably from way back around Version 9 or so. And, I can tell you that it's made a complete revolution in my computer life, to have been able to be helped remotely with this software! And, I haven't investigated heaps yet on google to see if there are any later postings about Screen-readers, and full keyboard UI TV accessibility, noting that this post was a whole year ago now!

But, I just joined up so I could strenthen the voice out here to let people/developers know, that Screen-reader accessibility is a very important aspect!!! And one which I also find can still be problematic for me when I fire up TeamViewer. I.e. the Tab Key properly speaking the various controls as one moves around, granting ready access to one's User ID and Password, to pass on to remote helpers etc. I'm now running Version 15.47.3.0 And, although sometimes when I fire it up, it does seem to speak things, more often than not, Using the Tab key with JAWS (a well known screen-reader which has a demo developers can use for testing), won't speak anything as one Tabs around.

I note the kindly offer of private messaging above, to provide individual help to users facing this situation etc.

But, I feel I want to say Publically, that this is obviously really not, an ideal type of solution eh :). The solution one would hope we're all shooting for here, is for any user, whether blind individual or not, to be enabled to fire up the software, tab around, and receive useful/fully accessible feedback as to what control one is on, via the Screen-reader, such that we can utilise it like anyone else. This is obviously best thought about before one implements a new UI framework, to insure the "hooks" are there, to provide adequate screen-reader feedback, without having to do a whole bunch of fiddly/annoying "repair-work", after the fact. Which of course often gets so easily relegated to the "dev BackBurner - we'll have to get to that..." bucket :(.

Anyways, just my 2 cents worth, with the view to encouraging development, to keep Screen-reader/keyboard Accessibility of the UI, as front and centre as it's functionality/usibility for the sightlings among us :-).

• Akiho

Hi @DoubleVision,

Thank you for reaching out and providing us with valuable feedback. 

We have received feedback from other users that most screenreaders are compatible with the latest versions of TeamViewer Remote using the new UI. Could you please let us know which interface you are currently using?

On top of this, we also recommend updating TeamViewer to the latest version.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if the issues persist or if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Akiho