Cannot sign in to TeamViewer apps on Android 13

dioshy
dioshy Posts: 9 ✭✭

Hello. I upgraded my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5g (stock rom) to Android 13 on last week and I did a full factory reset after that because I wanted to configure all fresh.

I installed TeamViewer and Host. I cannot log in to any of these apps. The progress icon just sists there endlessly spinning after I provide my credentials and ends up timing out after 10 mins (more or less). It is the same behavior for both apps. They have all permissions granted, and again, they are fresh installs. I even removed them and reinstalled one more time, but the issue persists.

I cannot find anything about this issue anywhere. Can someone help? Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• dioshy
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I just fixed the issue. I granted ALL FILES ACCESS to both apps and I was able to log in right away.

I do not understand why this permission is needed for a login, but that is how I fixed it. Please, pass on these details to the team.

Thanks.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Hi all,

We released a hotfix last Friday.

This minor update should fix the login issue you reported.

Can you update your app and confirm?

@dioshy @Enormhi @bgscharnhorst @GarthJ924 @gdettmore @threadNo245 @Lmnopz @NelsonVelazquez @maKACS

Thank you all in advance for your patience and trust.

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,586 Moderator

Hello @dioshy,

Thank you for contacting us for help!

May I ask you to check if your mobile device has been connected to the internet correctly? Usually, the login issue happened when the internet network is not working properly.

Also at the same time, Can you kindly share the screenshots of TeamViewer and the error message from TeamViewer, please? We can help to take a closer look at the issue when the information is provided.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • dioshy

Hello!

Thanks for getting back to me. There are no error messages. The login process just times out and it goes back to the login credential prompts. It is the same behavior for both Host and TeamViewer apps. In regards to the internet connection, it is working properly. I have tried with my home ISP, the cellular signal, and hotspot from another device; same results always. :-(

- Dioshy

• Ying_Q

Hello again @dioshy,

Thank you so much for getting back to me with your confirmation!

We have forwarded the issue to the internal team for further investigation and we will post here again if we have any progress about the case.

As always, we thank you for your patience and understanding in getting the update!

Best,

Ying_Q

• dioshy
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I just fixed the issue. I granted ALL FILES ACCESS to both apps and I was able to log in right away.

I do not understand why this permission is needed for a login, but that is how I fixed it. Please, pass on these details to the team.

Thanks.

• Ying_Q

Thank you a lot for the quick update! @dioshy 🙌

You are a legend!

I will definitely share the update from your side with the team!

Have a great day!

Best,

Ying_Q

• maKACS
    maKACS Posts: 1

Same login problem here with Samsung Note 9, Android 10.

The suggested file acces grant not helped. Uninstall-reinstall not helped. What else can I try?

Thx,

maKACS

• I have the same issue on a Galaxy S9+. Tried the same remedies as maKACS to no avail.

• Ying_Q

Hi @maKACS and @NelsonVelazquez,

Thank you for sharing your messages!

I will share more updates when they are available from the team.

Ying_Q

• Lmnopz
    Lmnopz Posts: 2 ✭✭

Can't seem to login to teamviewer for Android anymore. Stuck at this screen, "activating." Constantly re-logging in and authenticating but still can't get past this. Tried reinstalling the app. Am I locked out of my acct?

Help.

• threadNo245
    threadNo245 Posts: 3 ✭✭

It's not that you're locked out. It just doesn't work.

This is ridiculous now.

After updating to Android 13 on several Samsung devices, login to account doesn't work. We've tried everything. Now we have to wait Teamviewer to patch this.

I'm gonna look for alternatives for my MSP.

• threadNo245

After updating to Android 13 on several Samsung devices, login to account doesn't work. We've tried everything. 

Please fix this as soon as possible.

I simply don't understand how is this possible. To not test releases... Reality annoying.

• threadNo245

Colleague of mine analysed TW logs and noticed following behavior.

If you are using 2FA generator on same device, and you first enter login credentials and than reach to copy 2FA code, TW drops established login session.

So try and grab 2FA before logging in.

• Ying_Q

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for being active in the discussion.

The development team is still working on the case and we are hoping to deliver an update soon!

Thank you again for your patience!

Best,

Ying_Q

• bgscharnhorst
    bgscharnhorst Posts: 4 ✭✭

I recently had Android 13 install on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. It automatically logged me out of TM. Now, when I go to log back into my account, it prompts me for my password, then my MFA code, then it says "Activating TeamViewer, please wait..." and scrolls unendingly. I tried using another phone on Android 12 and didn't have any issues. I tried restarting my phone, clearing the data cache, force-stopping it, even uninstalling the app entirely and re-installing it. Still scrolls. Any ideas from anyone?

• bgscharnhorst

BTW when I say "scroll" I mean that wait circle that keeps rotating in the middle of your screen.

• GarthJ924
    GarthJ924 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

I have samsung S22 with teamviewer app.

When i try to login my acocunt i get asked for my authenticator number.

I enter it and then it just hangs saying "Activating Teamviewer... Please wait..."

I have tried deleting cache and data and re-installing and also re-starting.

Any help appreciated. Worked on my Samsung S20 fine.

• JeanK

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the reports.

We are aware of the issue - our R&D team is working with a high priority on a fix.

We will keep you updated on the resolution.

We thank you in advance for your trust and understanding.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• gdettmore
    gdettmore Posts: 1

I have the same exact problem with the S22+ and have tried the same resolutions. Nothing has worked so far.

It used to work, and then suddenly just stopped one day. It may have started after updating to One UI 5, but I'm not certain that's when it occurred.

• GarthJ924
    GarthJ924 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have fixed the issue.

See below reply from Teamviewer which worked.

"

This is a known issue with the latest version of TeamViewer and Android 13.

It appears than when the TeamViewer app is minimized (moved to the background) during the TFA prompt, the app will get stuck.

The workaround is to either pre copy or check for your TFA code, then quickly login and enter it.

OR to open the TeamViewer app and the authenticator app in split view.

Development have already identified the issue and the fix is currently planned to be included in the next release 15.37.X (due at the end of December).

We apologise for the inconveniences.

"

• bgscharnhorst

This did get me through the login process and to my main menu screen on the app. However, when I attempt to access my remote device, now I get "Please wait while connecting" and the scrolling circle again, and I'm not prompted to approve access to the device like normal.

• SungMin
    SungMin Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am shown the login screen, so I enter my email and password, and then get shown the screen for entering in my 2FA code, and I enter that. On the next screen, I'm shown the "Activating TeamViewer... Please Wait..." screen and it'll just spin there for minutes and minutes. I've taken a look at the log files but obviously a TeamViewer employee should take a look at that one. I can provide it if asked for.

• Enormhi
    Enormhi Posts: 1

Hi!

I'm unable to login on the Android app. I enter my email and password, those are both accepted, then I'm asked for my 2FA code, which is also accepted, but then the loading wheel just keeps loading.. and loading... and loading. I'm not getting any errors or anything.

I've cleared app data, cleared app cache. I've also reinstalled the app, but the problem persists. I can login on the website just fine, so it must be something specific with the Android app?

• JeanK
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Hi all,

We released a hotfix last Friday.

This minor update should fix the login issue you reported.

Can you update your app and confirm?

@dioshy @Enormhi @bgscharnhorst @GarthJ924 @gdettmore @threadNo245 @Lmnopz @NelsonVelazquez @maKACS

Thank you all in advance for your patience and trust.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• dioshy

It works!

• SungMin
    SungMin Posts: 4 ✭✭

Issue resolved, I deleted the app for 24 hours+, and after redownloading it the issue was resolved. I'm guessing an updated version of the app was pushed up or being logged out for long enough allowed a token to expire, or something.