Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Gigi_
    Gigi_ Posts: 2 ✭✭

hi, you must add the id before generate and upload (Click here to add ID) ;)

• BUCK50
    BUCK50 Posts: 1
    edited November 2022

teamviewer thinks im useing free version for money i am not just to help family an a feww friends ho

• I have a free licence only to connect to my mother. Now it times out telling me it is a licence problem. What shall I do to make it work?

/C

• rene_wieland
    rene_wieland Posts: 2 ✭✭

I know about the form trying the restore things but it tells me that my TeamViewer number is not valid. I copied/paste the number from the TeamViewer screen. So it must be right. But what to do??? Thanks for reading and answering

• richierein1
    richierein1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I am a personal user (NOT commercial). Teamviewer is blocking my access from one of my PCs to another. Teamviewer is telling me that this appears to be used for commercial purposes. Trust me. I am only using this program for personal use ONLY! Please make appropriate changes to allow me to use Teamviewer and let me know when this change is made. Thank you.

Richard Rein

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Mike6Able
    Mike6Able Posts: 2 ✭✭

Why am I continually getting timed out using the free version. I use it for personal use to help my elder parents remotely. I also have it install on one of my personal computers. NO Business use!!!

• tmoody14
    tmoody14 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hey, I’ve used TeamViewer personally for years with no issues, but starting in July I think, I suddenly was told that I’m using it for business and need a premium plan. I have not and never use it for business use - I just have it setup on my personal computer so I can access it remotely to check my personal Plex server and steam. How do I go about getting my account back to being able to use it?

thanks,

tmoody14

• MonquerJ
    MonquerJ Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi there, I use the free version to gain remote access to my home pc. I am an astrophotographer. I sometimes need remote access to my pc from work, but it's not for commercial use. Like now, i'm needing to adjust an iTunes Media Setting.

How do i get my free license back please?

• Godsdog_37
    Godsdog_37 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi, I only use teamviewr to help two occasionally help two people my mum who is strugling with dementia & a friend with life long learning difficulties every time i try and connect with their computers it says I am using teamviewer comercially although i have only used it on less than a handful of instances this last year, Can someone advise or help me rectify this problem ???

Thanks.

Andrew

• mkotantakis
    mkotantakis Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hello team

I have my free peronal account with team viewer and the last months after i also used my company's commercial account in the same computer i cannot use my personal account anymore for more than 1 minute even if it says that i am allowed for 5 mins. How can this be sorted?? i do not want to use the company's commercial account in my pc anymore since the Covid policies have been lifted and there is no more the need for remotin into my office

• Godsdog_37
    Godsdog_37 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

I barely use teamviewer & only ever to help my mum who has dementia & a friend with learning difficulties but have been flagged a comercial user. Am trying to fill in the reset form but keeps saying the ID ( my user ID ) i entered is invalid. I can not get through to anyone in support to talk or chat. I have wasted hours / days trying to resolve this problem and my poor old mum & my friend are in desperate need of my assistance. I am flumoxed & have no idea how to proceed this is most frustrating & time wasting. Can anyone please advise me as to how im supposed to get this going & devote myself to being the good samaritan again ????????????????

Many Thanks

Andrew

• ldkamb
    ldkamb Posts: 6 ✭✭

Recently when I try to connect with a friend the message I keep getting is that TV has timed out and tells me to retry in one or two minutes. When I do that it keeps timing out. All this is before I have even connected to the remote computer. Is there anyway I can extend that timer or can TV do that for me?

• kevinabbot
    kevinabbot Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi I am getting kicked out of team viewer because it says I am violating terms. I only use it to connect to my PC upstairs in my apartment. Its not for any work just personal academic work.

• Spesafacile_OL
    Spesafacile_OL Posts: 2 ✭✭

• MyConnect
    MyConnect Posts: 1

I have account, which register in Canada/US, and it is work while I am in China three month ago. but now. It seems blocked by "limit of device"

it shows me message box as

"TeamViewer is free for personnel use on a limited number of devices. You have reached these limited devices".

Please let me know how to solve this. I am free personnel user.

• bjovaar
    bjovaar Posts: 2 ✭✭

I try to install TeamViewer Quick Support on my sons computer.

When I connect to his computer from my PC it seems normal.

It seems normal, but after 1 min I got disconnected, and blocked for 1 hour.

Why ?

How to fix this ?

I thought that TeamViewer for personal non-commercial use was free ?

• satishZ
    satishZ Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

Hi i am using free version i dont know why they block me it never happened before & i am not using

• Terabytes
    Terabytes Posts: 2 ✭✭

I own 2 computers and often control one via TV free version (which it is in private use)... today however some algorithm seems to think I'm using the software for Commercial Use? Is there any way to fix this false detection?

• CaptainEDP
    CaptainEDP Posts: 2 ✭✭

Anyone know how I could solve this without getting a license? I only use it for my personal computers at home to remote desktop while I'm offshore

• macoveimc
    macoveimc Posts: 1

Why appear me Commercial use detected if i use teamviewer like home user and i dont villate the conditions?

• Hardmaninc
    Hardmaninc Posts: 1

Hi

I am getting the same thing today never had an issue before please help me

• ぬぬぬ
    ぬぬぬ Posts: 2 ✭✭

My account is detected as commercial when it is not.

I sent a non-commercial application in Japanese. Where should I send it to resend?

Since I have submitted it once, the form is not displayed.

• Denshin
    Denshin Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

Hello!

Yesterday, my license was limited due to "activity that indicated professional use". Looking back, I understand why that was, but it was not actually the case.

Is it possible for me, as a non-paying user, to contact a support member and clarify the situation?

Thanks in advance!

• Alkran
    Alkran Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hello.

I have an issue when installing Teamviever on my Mac.

I am disconnected few seconds after starting session because detected as professional connexion but it is wrong.

I have not this when accessing from a windows computer with the same user account.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks.

• traduct
    traduct Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Can anyone from Teamviewer support help with this?

• texan75
    texan75 Posts: 1

I am using Teamview to maintain my parents computer 1200 miles away. I use it for this purpose a few times a year. In my session yesterday I did something 'bad' and now teamview will only allow me to stay connected for 60seconds.

When I try to connect it either say repeated reconnects are not allowed try back in 1 minute (however I actually have to wait 10 min)

Or it says there may be a problem with my free account and I will be autologged out. (the autologout occurs after 60 seconds)

My parents are in their 80's so their computer skills are about 0.1 on a scale of 0 to 10.

It was working fine until yesterday.

• Luki12344321
    Luki12344321 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi to all,

My personal account, which I use only to connect to my computer at home and control it when I'm abroad, has been marked as being used for proffessional support use and now I have a time limit of maybe 30sec before my connection is stopped.

What is the correct route to mitigate this?

Regards

• scasey
    scasey Posts: 1

Hi. My boss bought a Team Viewer License so I can sign in to her computer. Buy when I try to sign in, it says there is a licensing problem. Do I need a license too to sign in to her computer?

• alankimm
    alankimm Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

All,

I'm attempting to reset my Teamviewer back to non-commercial use. When I plug in my user ID in the field, I am getting an "invalid ID" error even though I'm copying and pasting straight from my "Allow Remote Control" tab where the "Your ID" is in bold black font. Can someone please assist? Thanks in advance! My ID: [removed per Community Guidelines]