Comments

• mrgreen3325
    mrgreen3325 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am private user, suddenly get misclassified as business usage

However, when I create ticket, it just direct me to this forum

What can I do?

• Aavgou55
    Aavgou55 Posts: 1

Hello, I seem to be locked out everytime TeamViewer does an update. I only use TeamViewer to access a remote pc and retrieve data as a researcher. When this happens I used to email support and they would fix it, now it seems impossible to contact them if you have a free access...how can I inform them about this issue?

• LukeRS
    LukeRS Posts: 1

I keep getting a notification saying

"It appears TeamViewer is being used in a commercial environment"

and that I am blocked after timeout.

I am running a server for Satisfactory (a game) in my garage (only me and a friend use the server, it's not public). I use Teamviewer to connect to the computer running the server to update it on steam every so often. Today, I got a message saying I was using it for commercial purposes and I needed to upgrade my license. The only other computer I ever connected to was a friend who asked for help with flashing a linux OS to a USB so he could set up a minecraft server. I was connected for about 30 seconds because he already figured it out.

If Teamviewer wants me to pay to connect to my garage PC, I'll just move to something else. I can't seem to find any way to contact them or open a ticket.

• Al3cs
    Al3cs Posts: 2 ✭✭

Dearest TeamViewer,

I am a user of more than 10 years of far away virtual helping of my relatives. For few months there is a stupid confirmation of using the professional version, while I was ONLY a personal user, free usage. Please help me have personal free usage from now on too. I do not have any corporation nor professional... Tell me what I must do to recover my personal usage.

Thank you very much!

• Al3cs
    Al3cs Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Dearest admin! On my laptop something happened without my knowledge that now I must upgrade my free personal usage by a license. I am blocked to help my relatives. Why is this **bleep**?! I am a free version user for more than 10 years. Never used a professional one, and I do not own any company. I need very rare to use this app for my family devices. Please help!

• SylvainHache22
    SylvainHache22 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use Teamviewer to help my dad in a wheelchair at a distance with his computer once in a while.

I get a message that says something like ''commercial use detected, will time out in 5 minutes''... and now it even closes before that.

Does anyone know how can I reset this, or get approved again as a ''private, non-business'' user?

Thank you

• Simogall
    Simogall Posts: 1

This is the third time I've been blocked for suspect commercial use.

My copy of Teamviewer is used in 2 ways, both no profit at all.

1st using my home device without moving from my bed (I'm a disable that can walk with high difficulty, then teamviewer help me set printer and other devices connected to a dispositive with minimal movement.

2nd helping my familiars that need help. Usually is only ONE familiar, my brother, that can't read at all and every single time he receive a message, a mail or any other thing that made his phone to beep, he call me for backup in less than 30 seconds. I'm asking him to take reading lessons, but at over 60 years I see it as a very difficult event to happen.

It can happen that, when at some hospital or other medical situations, I need to access files that are in my laptop, so this is a sort of 3rd way to use it, but this happen rarely...

What have I to do for get a permanent reset?

Last week my brother has got a serious problem with his SIM, so he has called me every evening for call phone services provider and get updates and that has triggeredd the "suspect commercial" alert, but it was absolutely not commercial at all...

Could you help me, please?

If possible as a permanent solution?

Thanks for support.

Simogall

• Rafdog
    Rafdog Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

Hello everyone,

So I have been using TeamViewer free license for the better part of the year and recently it just stated to me it thinks I'm using it for commercial use when in fact I am only using it with my 5 machines on my home network -- my two home servers, my gaming laptop, my main machine, and my other daily laptop. I signed in with my email to register all the machines I use and not sure if that triggered why they think that or because my last home server I named "Server Admin" as my local account name lol

However they don't work weekends so I guess I can hit up support tomorrow and somehow verify I only use this as a personal account and haven't made a dime on it. I have remoted into a friends machine in Jersey to help him out a few weeks ago but again no payment received and only doing it to assist as free license intended.

How can I get my license back to free status? Because using **Third Party Product** or Windows RD aren't as "plug n play" as TV so would be a shame for me to not using TV anymore because they thought my account was being used as a commercial license. Paying whatever it is a month isn't a bad idea but I'm not making money using this program so I'd be spending money on something I only use for personal so would hate to stop using the program if it comes down to that. Hopefully staff can look into my account and see (I also do use a VPN so maybe also why they thought I used it in "different states"? idk we'll see when support hits me up hopefully to verify this is still a personal account).

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

• kacperek18
    kacperek18 Posts: 1

hi I have the same anyone can help pleas?

• FDav3JH
    FDav3JH Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use Team Viewer purely to support my elderly parents as we live in different locations.

Recently we have been blocked as Team Viewer is claiming commercial use

How do I fix this as I cannot visit my parents to support them

• Valente
    Valente Posts: 1

Seems like this issue hasnt been resolved yet? Anybody got other free remote desktop software to recommend?

• maddin1111
    maddin1111 Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

nope, i'm getting the same error. which **bleep**. i wouldnt mind paying if there were plans for personal use. instead, they are pushing ad's and now locking me out. genius.

• rs232
    rs232 Posts: 2 ✭✭

This started a couple of days ago. I'm totally not a big user of TW so the 2 times I need it in a month makes this totally unusable. I wait the time I'm told and it just fails telling me a new time. Repeat.

No I am not a business customer I'm just helping my 79years old mum using emails and browser when she gets stuck.

• HeatherB
    HeatherB Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

For many years, I have been using the Free License (Non-Commercial Use Only) method of logging into my 93 year old Mother's Laptop, to show her family pictures and to keep in touch with my Mother (who cannot operate her Laptop).

About 6+ months ago, the TeamViewer connection would disconnect after about 2 to 3 minutes, saying that it detected Commercial Use, that somehow we were trying to use the Free License for Commercial use... which was NOT True. I have not been able to successfully connect to my Mother's Laptop since.

I called the 1-800-638-0253 and was told that I have to come to this Community.TeamViewer.com site to somehow learn how to correct this. I am searching and I cannot find the means to correct this.

Could someone please advise how to confirm that this connection to my Mom's Laptop is NOT Commercial Use??

Thanks in advance for learning the steps to correct this issue.

HeatherB

• HeatherB
    HeatherB Posts: 2 ✭✭

OK I have found a URL about resetting management of my TeamViewer account, to have TeamViewer review my account and get it back on track. URL below (this site would not allow me to post the link - says "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.")!!

The Reset Management reads: "When TeamViewer limits your connections, commercial usage is suspected. In case commercial use has been falsely suspected, we will help you get back on track."

I provided my Name, Address info, TeamViewer ID, digital signature, clicked both boxes acknowledging what is required, AND clicked "Generate & Upload PDF", however there is no acknowledgement of an upload of a PDF, not on the screen or via email. I clicked the Generate & Upload PDF many times. I am using MS-Edge Browser.

Is my request, and the uploaded PDF getting through???

• Brigitte67
    Brigitte67 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Could I please send an email to you to communicate. You blocked me again for commercial use for the third time. In 2019 you unblocked and reset me after I gave you proof and declaration of my personal use. Same in 2021. I use the teamviewer to help my 82 year old father, an old lady of 75, my roommate and his mother of 72. I am autistic, I cannot lie and I do not have a job. I am disabled since 1985. I declare again, I am using this for personal use only. Please reset my account or let me send proof again.....

• Brigitte67
    Brigitte67 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thank you very much. I found the url to submit my ID and declare my personal use. I am patiently waiting for reset.

With regards, Brigitte

• N0_ka0anm
    N0_ka0anm Posts: 2 ✭✭

Two years ago I signed affidavit stating my use of TeamViewer was personal and not commercial. No problems until now. Blocked from connecting to one computer because appears to be in commercial use. Nothing has changed. How can I get this one computer unblocked so I can connect?

• JessSmith
    JessSmith Posts: 1

I have only ever used Team Viewer (Free Version) to access my Dad's PC, iPad, and iPhone. He is 93 years old, and often has trouble or gets confused. So, I've been able to use Team Viewer to see what he is doing or where he lost a file, or whatever.

Today I got the pop-up of suspected Commercial Use. I filed the request to reset my Free status. I entered the IDs for my MacBook, and my iPhone (the two two devices I have used to connect to his), but did not put in his three device IDs -- and now I'm thinking I was supposed to do that. The system won't let me file another request with the additional info.

How long does it usually take? I was supposed to help him remotely review some legal documents he has to sign tomorrow, and I'm concerned I won't be able to get back on. We live 800 miles apart.

• stephent
    stephent Posts: 1

I use my Pc to help my 90 year father in law ( 2hours away ) to fix his computer which is ok at home

but when at work I get reached max number of sessions after connecting for a min

I got a ticket for support and I reinstated as a non commerail use but it still logs me out after a min

• Abang_Suhaili
    Abang_Suhaili Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently started getting a commercial use error when I try to connect back to my home computer in London. The only difference is I moved house a few months back and the place where I got this error was using a BT 100Mbps Fibre line. It is a home line.

I am currently in Malaysia and my house uses a TM Unifi 30Mbps line. It is also a home line. I access my home computer in London to check/reset my CCTV as well as start my Topgear BBC downloads.

How do I get my teamviewer to not classify as being used for commercial?

Urgent please. My CCTV at home is currently down and I need to login and check what's what.

Thank you.

• NessJeb13
    NessJeb13 Posts: 1

Hello,

I'm a student, and I use TeamViewer to access the simulation in our lab, but after three months of use, it now shows that I need a license; otherwise, after 1 minute of access, it will automatically log me out. So how can I solve the problem?

Regards !

• Chey2748
    Chey2748 Posts: 1

Hello,

About two weeks ago I started getting this notification, I am a personal user and have been for several years. I use TeamViewer to connect with my personal and my son's computer in my other home in another Country, it is not a business computer it allows me to be able to get information from it. My question is why all of a sudden the change? and what is going to be my solution?

• Baron81
    Baron81 Posts: 1

Hello,

I receive this error message since today. I use it for non-commercial purposes to connect to my PC remotely.

How can I fix this to use it as a free non-commercial license?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stefan

• traisjames
    traisjames Posts: 2 ✭✭

I had my TV account locked because I was connecting too much? to my dad's laptop which i was using to monitor internet issues. I did the fourm to self-declare I was using TV for private use only. but I still can't get into my dad's laptop even though I see it online. I keep getting asked for a password, but it does not tell me which password I need. I have tried the TV computer password and my account password. Unfortunately the laptop I am trying to connect to is basicly running headless right now (and internetless).

That is probably why I got marked as non-private use. I would connect or attempt to connect multiple times in an hour trying to get in to run diagnostics in the 1-2 minute windows the connection was working before it would go down again.

• Kotryna
    Kotryna Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello all maby someone know how to install free version of teamviewer ?.I use it for personal needs and now i see information that i need buye licens. thank you

• Gökmen
    Gökmen Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I was using the free version of TeamViewer.
    My friends were connecting to my account remotely while playing games.
    We got a warning that commercial use has been detected and we can no longer connect.
    IP: [removed per Community Guidelines]
    I will be glad if you help

• Falko_Richter
    Falko_Richter Posts: 2 ✭✭

I´m trying to connect to my mother-in-laws laptop, but I keep getting this message. I have not connected in ages and this should be fine under the personal free license... Is there a way to troubleshoot this problem with the teamviewer team?

• Mushfique
    Mushfique Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have an honest question. Is accessing your own computer (in the lab) from your home (and vice versa) considered a commercial use? I'm a student, it's part of my studies, and I'm definitely not getting paid for this.