Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• tommyswood
    tommyswood Posts: 1

Hi

I have a free non commercial license of Team Viewer but i have expirienced when I try to connect to my fathers Pc I get a dialog window that says. "This licence seems to be a commercial use and will be terminated"

Can anyone tell me what I do wrong as I do not use my Team Viewer commercially as I only connet to my fathers PC once every month or so.

Hope to get some help from someone inhere.

Regards Tommy

• marshray
    marshray Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

I don't know why but I'm getting the same issue over and over again but still can't figure out what should I do in order to work for this game

Regards,

• NealW
    NealW Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have an existing free account i have been using for years. I have a windows machine and MacBook Pro. Recently my macbook got flagged as being suspected of commercial use. Same email and account as windows which works fine. I don't use it for commercial , just helping family and friends and cannot figure it out or how to talk to a human being at TeamViewer. If I have too I will get the remote access that offers unlimited access to 3 computers. But I reach out to more than 3 legitimate people nothing more than family and friends. Thoughts please.

• pythologist
    pythologist Posts: 9 ✭✭

I have no job. I make no money off this connection.

Please help. This is under "general" because I saw no option for "connection" doesn't work.

Please help me make this work.

Rich

• pythologist

I have no such usage pattern.

I have no job.

I have no job income. I am connecting from my computer to my computer. The computers themselves have never used Team Viewer.

Could you please stop trying to limit me or prevent me from using the program?

Thank you.

• pythologist

Thanks for helping.

Re: What error message do you receive when you try to remote connect?

I get a momentary image of the screen of the other computer and then an odd message about "usage pattern." And then "Teamviewer session has timed out and will be closed."

I had used less than 3 seconds.

• pythologist

Also on there is on one computer "it seems there might be a licensing problem"

The fact is, no one but me owns either computer. Can someone fix this?

What do I have to do? They have my email address. I can send you the computer ids. Would that help?

I am really working hard to get a job.

I have no "usage pattern."

Thank you!

Rich

• pythologist
    edited December 2022

I have never knowingly violated any terms of service. 5 years ago, I worked for several months for an Agency called "S and P." S&P is a rating agency. That's all they do. They don't make products. And I thought it was a governmental agency.

But I did try to connect to one of their computers.

But that was 5 years ago. It is not a "pattern" and there was no sense that I was willfuly violating terms of service.

Would you, could you please fix this so that I can use the program?

Is there someone I can talk with? The program has misidentified me - because I wrongly connected to a regulatory computer.

I am sorry that I did that. Can you/Teamviewer stop punishing me for it please? I don't even own the computers that I had back then.

The computers I am using are private - not part of any business. I am trying to connect is one I purchased about a year ago.

Can you please fix the program so that it stops locking me out? Right now it says "timed out." I have used less than 5 seconds.

Thanks

Rich

• grumps
    grumps Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

I have been a free user for some years in order that I can assist my family members & friends with maintenance & operating issues with their pc's. Approx 2 years ago I was restricted as it was decided by Teamviewer data suggested that i was using it commercially. I am not a technician and I do not receive any payment for my assistance in solving family and friends issues. After reporting this to TeamViewer the restriction was lifted, but now has been reimposed. How do I get this sorted permanently?

• I use my free account using my jobs wifi to manage my personal plex server and occasionally listen to Spotify thru it on my phone. But as of last week I was flagged for using it as commercial. That's not at all the case, what do I do and how do I even talk to a person?

• I have been using TeamViewer free for years. I use it to access my desktop via my laptop on the rare occasions I need to away from home. I also use it to help my 84 year old mother when she can't figure out why her printer is not working, or something similar. But I have never used it for commercial purposes. The IT Company that we use at work uses TeamViewer and I believe they have accessed both my computers to create VPN and two factor authentication so I can connect to my work machine, but that was not me using it for IT Purposes. Why is Teamviewer claiming that my desktop has been used for commercial purposes? If I violated the license somehow it was not intentional. I thought that helping my mother was allowed. Can I appeal this? I don't need/want to use it often enough to pay as much as is being asked for a license.

• Gillespa
    Gillespa Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

I am a disabled vet who is currently in the VA hospital. I login to my home computer for my email and also my wife and daughter's computer. All three of these computers are in my house. All I do is update these computers with the current updates and to check email. Now TeamViewer will not let me log in without buying a license because it says that I am using the program professionally which I am not. I cannot figure out how to leave a message for tech support. I can not call because I have a tracostomy. Would someone please have TeamViewer unlock my account so that I can check my email. My email is [removed per Community Guidelines]. Please, please, help me fix this problem so that I can use my email. Thank you very much for any help that you can provide to me.

Sincerly, 

Alan Gillespie

• Gillespa
    Gillespa Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

I am a disabled vet who is currently in the VA hospital. I login to my home computer for my email and also my wife and daughter's computer. All three of these computers are in my house. All I do is update these computers with the current updates and to check email. Now TeamViewer will not let me log in without buying a license because it says that I am using the program professionally which I am not. I cannot figure out how to leave a message for tech support. I can not call because I have a tracostomy. Would someone please have TeamViewer unlock my account so that I can check my email. Please, please, help me fix this problem so that I can use my email. Thank you very much for any help that you can provide to me.

Sincerly, 

Alan Gillespie

• Tony12345
    Tony12345 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Reset fails

I'm using 3 IDs and don't connect to any other ID.

I've submitted all three IDs for a reset and they are approved for private use. After the reset the problem was still there so I submitted one ID at a time, and received 3 seperate approvals.

I'm still locked out of TeamViewer (for more than a minute use)

• sfranchino
    sfranchino Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

I cannot connect what i must do ?

• Tony12345
    Tony12345 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm not allowed to post links, so Google for: "Reset Management - TeamViewer"

• Kinon
    Kinon Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

recently I haven't been able to use TW, as it states that I have been doing corporate use of it, and I don't know why, I only connect to my personal and relatives's devices to help them when they need help with something

Is there any way to revert this?

Because I'm not paying 33€ monthly for occasionally connecting to other devices.

Thank you.

• ssuttimanee
    ssuttimanee Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Teamviewer still have free version for personal user?

• Tubbster45
    Tubbster45 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've attached a screenshot of the error, however I am a private user that uses my remote connection alot as I am away from the house for extended periods of time.

What do I do?

• Hantaa
    Hantaa Posts: 2 ✭✭

My TV doesn't let me connect to my other machines anymore; it says that I have been supporting others professionally, which is not the case because I only use it with my own machines, and basically only for convenience, so I can have them on my big monitor instead of physically move my chair to access them.

How do I solve the issue?

• Hantaa
    Hantaa Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, my TV is not connecting to any machine anymore, or if it does, the connection stops after a few seconds. It says that I've been supporting others professionally, which is not the case, because I only use it on my personal machines, and basically for convenience only, to avoid physically move my chair to them (I have them on my desk) and control them on my big monitor.

Why did that happen, and how can I solve the issue?

• waqasakkawi
    waqasakkawi Posts: 2 ✭✭

How can I get a personal use TeamViewer. Looking to help my uncle with his pc.

Thanks,

Waqas

• I very seldom use Team Viewer (as a matter of fact, it's been quite a few months since I've tried it), but this morning I received the following message:

When I wait until the recommended time, I get the same pop up but with the "blocked until" time moved ahead by a couple of minutes ...

• vesseli
    vesseli Posts: 1

And how I can fix this?

• abhilasha
    abhilasha Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

I've been using TeamViewer for a while now. But now when I try to connect and access my system, I am not able to do that. It indicates that the time limit has expired or that a license must be purchased. I use it for my personal use only, so please help and allow me access for personal use. System ID of team viewer is [removed per Community Guidelines].

• M2TheK
    M2TheK Posts: 1

Hello,

I have a free team viewer account which I have had for years. In 2019 my account was flagged as commercial, and I had contacted support and they deemed my account was in fact personal and re-set my account to free. However it never got fixed and I just have dealt with the 5 minute sessions. I have 3-5 machines on my account as I support a few family members with help, and whenever I connect to their machines, everything works, however when I remote into my computer I am only allowed the 5 minute windows before it kicks me off. Why is this still happening and how do I get this resoled. Thank you.

Please respond with a solution for me. thank you

• AJKJ
    AJKJ Posts: 1

I have exactly the same problem. I am an old man trying to support my mentally disabled sister and this commercial tag is preventing me from providing the much-needed support such as setting up her computer or phone so that her helpers can Zoom conference her or even just talk to me. Who can I contact to get this corrected?

• kch42
    kch42 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

I had a similar issue maybe a few years before 2019 and kept getting locked out. Support never responded to my repeated attempts to convince them that I'm just a regular free user for personal use. But then, it just started working again so I just dropped it and it has been working fine ever since...until today.

Now, all of the sudden when I try to connect to my laptop from my desktop on my same home network, I first get a popup that says something like, "We're sorry for the interruption. Unfortunately, we will have to limit your usage of TeamViewer because the usage pattern suggests that you have been supporting others professionally."

**bleep**? It's just me. I'm the only user and I only have it running on two computers as I mentioned above. The thing is, I can still access my laptop remotely with the app on my phone. It's only when I try to use the desktop PC app that I get the popup. The connection will timeout and if I try to reconnect I get another message saying,

"Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until XX:XX(time, typically 1 minute in the future).

I have just been using TeamViewer the same way I always have for almost a decade now. This is crazy!

• sushix
    sushix Posts: 2 ✭✭

i have multiple pcs and laptops and tabs .. i saved informations and saved pcs log in so its easier to access .. now whenever i try to log in to any of my pcs i get a message that i have limited access because i use teamviewer to support others professionally? why am i getting this if someone can help me? i just use it to transfer a file ( maybe used 3 times to my dads pc ) and to log in t my pcs if i need to add or check mails or my game etc

• PhaenTa
    PhaenTa Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hi.

I have been using the free version of TV for many years with great success. Yesterday I upgraded my PC and had to re-add it to the account. Now, the session is automatically ended after 5 minutes. How can I avoid this?

Jan.