Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• sdpetersd
    sdpetersd Posts: 6 ✭✭

I am getting the same issue (Session Timeout & Unable to Connect). This has been happening multiple times and it is very frustrating when trying to help someone. My ISP is Spectrum. I am using Win10 with TeamViewer ver. 15.37.3

I would appreciate any suggestions as I am using a Free License since I only help one person once in a while.

Sincerely

• YiMing
    YiMing Posts: 1

I am currently a grad student. My license was free, but few days later it starts to require me to buy a license.

• RetiredFM
    RetiredFM Posts: 1

Hi, I keep getting kicked out after around 10 seconds with a message saying that my profile suggests that I am using the free version to provide commercial support.

I have been retired since late 2017 and am currently downsizing my electronics to reduce back to pretty much just my laptop.

I want to get rid of my old 27" dual screens for my desktop machine and use team viewer to remote manage my desktop with my laptop on my home network so i can get rid of my old desk and retire all the superfluous stuff.

How do I convince Team Viewer to review my actual usage and allow my to use their software freely to just do occassional interfacing with my old desktop PC.

The alternative is that I will have to retain a keyboard mouse and 27" screen which kind of makes the place look untidy. Any asssitance would be appreciated. I only want to talk between my specific laptop and the specific old desktop nothing more and only on my own home network.

Help Please

• Bill_L
    Bill_L Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

Me too.

I use teamviewer portable a couple of times each year for many years, to help relatives with their Windows computer problems.

Last night, I encountered this problem where it only works for 15 seconds and I get warning about suspected commercial use etc. I think I last used teamviewer about 2 months ago.

To get around the problem, I eventually discovered using another computer is able temporarily get around this issue.

I just found the Reset form posted by another user, hkrause, a few messages up.

It wouldn't accept my 8 digit ID until I realised I had to omit the spaces.

After pressing Submit, it seems to take a long time before it is successfully submitted and the page changes to confirm submission.

Update: Received an automated email from TV confirming my ID for my main PC has been reset for Private use less than 12 hours later. I can confirm it is working. Well Done Teamviewer team.

• YoMan
    YoMan Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

I'm not the only one, it worked for years and I'm not able to do a remote session to help my family anymore. I get disconnected and it tells me to wait for one mn to retry but doesn't work. I try to reactivate my account but it goes into a loop. Lots of people are not happy about this bug or lack of consideration for personal use

• RobertMrsic
    RobertMrsic Posts: 1

I dont use this for any commercial use i connect allways to same pc

why you say that i use this for commercial use that not true

• myo007
    myo007 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

I am not using team viewer for business or professional use , I just only connected with my family members and friends’ computers and devices and also I have many devices myself and connected such as with my own phones and computers but there was a system mistake that it thinks that I was using for professional purposes and blocked my free account usage. I should have right to use freely like others , request to unlock the access and allow me to use again please

Team Viewer ID: [removed per Community Guidelines]

• AaronRademacher
    AaronRademacher Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

Hello. One of my PCs keeps telling me commercial use detected when I try to connect. If I can connect at all, I usually only get a few seconds. Does anyone know how I can stop this message?

• gunter_l
    gunter_l Posts: 1

I am suddenly receiving the following message that my behavior pattern suggests that I am providing commercial support, which is not the case. I only use teamviewer a few times per year to help my parents. Now I can no longer connect anywhere. I can not find how to unflag myself as commercial user. Any suggestions?

• fabiohcl
    fabiohcl Posts: 1

I'm a home user who wants to access the laptop from the smartphone. Both devices are in the same network.

Why does "comercial use" blocking pop-up appear and avoid the use?

Windows10 and android, both with latest version.

Why does TeamViewer think I'm a comercial user?

I appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

fabiohcl

• JimKel
    JimKel Posts: 2 ✭✭

• YvetteY
    YvetteY Posts: 2 ✭✭

It reports Connection blocked after timeout and Commercial use, as the screenshots show.

I only use few times last year, and I haven't been using for like 2 months, why am I detected overusing and what can I do to repair this problem? Thanks a lot.

• waco_john
    waco_john Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Teamviewer FREE to Teamviewer QS. Fails to connect. Error 'may be a problem with license.' Both current versions.

EDIT:

I just submitted a request to reset my account EVEN THOUGH I am not getting an error about using a commercial account. A very different error which only appears when I try to connect to someone. I cannot quote the error now. something about "MAY be a problem ...".

• XanN
    XanN Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same.

• XanN
    XanN Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Just switch to **Third Party Product**.

If you install this software and use it rarely to log into your devices a few times per year, it is useless as it will not work without raising a reset request.

• sergiohcis
    sergiohcis Posts: 1

Why can't I remote control my home computer by using a free license ? TeamViewer is telling me that one of the two computers needs a license.

Did anything change about this?

I was able to use it before with no problems!

• waco_john
    waco_john Posts: 11 ✭✭

no replies. Maybe this will get answered. Attempt to connect to a Teamviewer QS user results in a failure mentioning 'there MAY be a licensing problem'. Well, that is not saying I'm using TV commercially, but I lodged ticket to reset my account anyay. No reply to that either. Could someone knowledgeable chime it? Thanks.

• aaroncase
    aaroncase Posts: 1

I am a user of the free teamviewer. I have used it for years to help my 90-year-old mother (who lives 2k miles away) with her phone and computer. It is not for business use, it is for personal use. But yesterday, it timed me out after like a minute and said I needed a business license, which is not accurate at all.

I tried to call support but they would not help me unless I have a license. They said I can only use the community support, but unless some of you are actual support employees and can correct the mistaken license issues in my account, I'm not sure what good this will do.

• torako
    torako Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

When I try to connect to my other computer with TeamViewer, it says something about a licensing issue (?) (it doesn't say anything about suspected commercial usage, just some nonsense about a "license issue" when I'm literally a free user so I don't know what license it wants) and then closes the connection after about 30 seconds before I can even attempt to debug the issue. When I try to reconnect, it blocks me and tells me to try again in a minute, and then I do that, it tells me to wait another minute, and then another, and then another... What's going on and how do I fix it?

• Autohog2
    Autohog2 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

System says I have been using program commercially. I use it only at my home network! This causes the program to time out.

• Autohog2
    Autohog2 Posts: 2 ✭✭

System times out and says I am using commercially. I use it only for my own private network!

• anomaly13
    anomaly13 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

I used to use TV through my employer. Since departing, I was told that I have to contact TV to have my computers removed from their database for whatever reason. It seems that when I try to use TV for personal use, it kicks me out after a couple minutes. I have no idea where to start so I can use it personally to help my elderly mother. Can someone help me please? thank you.

• A3SI
    A3SI Posts: 1

Hello,

I have issue with my acount, when I try to connect to my other computer I lost the connection and after I have message "Connexion to this partner are bloqued until xxxxx "

I would like understand why ?

Thank yu to solve this problem

• Vision1291
    Vision1291 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

My teamviewer app says i am using it for business.

i am disabled, so it's hard for me to move around.

i use the teamviewer from 1 computer to another on the same network in my home.

i do not use it for business.

how can I get this message to stop?

Tim

• Hotdog06
    Hotdog06 Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

When I log in it kicks me off right away and says commercial use might be an issue with licensing agreement. What do I need to do ??

• Xarx00
    Xarx00 Posts: 3 ✭✭

After a long time, I'm trying to connect to my grandma computer, but I get the following error

This used to work (about a year ago), now I'm suspected of commercial use. My computer has TeamViewer 15.18.5 with free license on Win10 Pro, her computer has TeamViewer 15.37.3 with free license on Win8.1 home.

What is the free license for if not for this occasional use? I had to travel to her flat (in another town) in order to resolve the issue, instead of supporting her remotely.

• Xarx00
    Xarx00 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

After upgrading both computers to the latest version 15.37.8, the problem persists. I connected to her computer, but after 10s the session was closed. Unusable :-(.

The only reason that could cause this problem, that I can see, is that my computer is in a Windows domain. But AFAIK, the company doesn't use TeamViewer (we use MS Teams).

• Katjawest
    Katjawest Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi.

i am helping one person with intellectual disability. Due to the disability i often need to help several hours per day and now team viewer thinks i do this professionally. What can I do? I live in sweden where all contact with authorities is digitally over the net which is impossible for my relative.

Greetings

• SimonJM
    SimonJM Posts: 1

Hi there, same as the most recent messages.

I haven't connected using TeamViewer in months from my desktop to either my laptop or elderly fathers PC, and they have been off for 7 months and 1 month respectively. As such I'm surprised get the above message when I help another elderly relative out and had to hunt around to find out what software I previously used as I had forgotten about it!

Many TIA for any recommendations, but if nothing is forthcoming I'll have a look for an alternative.

Cheers

Simon

• EllisonMax
    EllisonMax Posts: 2 ✭✭

I had the same problem. thanks