Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Hotdog06
    Hotdog06 Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

When I log in it kicks me off right away and says commercial use might be an issue with licensing agreement. What do I need to do ??

• Xarx00
    Xarx00 Posts: 3 ✭✭

After a long time, I'm trying to connect to my grandma computer, but I get the following error

This used to work (about a year ago), now I'm suspected of commercial use. My computer has TeamViewer 15.18.5 with free license on Win10 Pro, her computer has TeamViewer 15.37.3 with free license on Win8.1 home.

What is the free license for if not for this occasional use? I had to travel to her flat (in another town) in order to resolve the issue, instead of supporting her remotely.

• Xarx00
    Xarx00 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

After upgrading both computers to the latest version 15.37.8, the problem persists. I connected to her computer, but after 10s the session was closed. Unusable :-(.

The only reason that could cause this problem, that I can see, is that my computer is in a Windows domain. But AFAIK, the company doesn't use TeamViewer (we use MS Teams).

• Katjawest
    Katjawest Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi.

i am helping one person with intellectual disability. Due to the disability i often need to help several hours per day and now team viewer thinks i do this professionally. What can I do? I live in sweden where all contact with authorities is digitally over the net which is impossible for my relative.

Greetings

• SimonJM
    SimonJM Posts: 1

Hi there, same as the most recent messages.

I haven't connected using TeamViewer in months from my desktop to either my laptop or elderly fathers PC, and they have been off for 7 months and 1 month respectively. As such I'm surprised get the above message when I help another elderly relative out and had to hunt around to find out what software I previously used as I had forgotten about it!

Many TIA for any recommendations, but if nothing is forthcoming I'll have a look for an alternative.

Cheers

Simon

• EllisonMax
    EllisonMax Posts: 2 ✭✭

I had the same problem. thanks

• kins10
    kins10 Posts: 1

Hello, I am a private user of Teamviewer.

But I cannot utilize Teamviewer with a warning message that I am a business user, and it is restricted to use Program.

Please check and fix this problem.

Sincerely,

• Frode_53
    Frode_53 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello.

I downloaded teamviewer on my commputer, my phone and my MAC. But cant use it when Teamviewer say I use it commersial. I do not use it commersial, I do not even have a job. Is there anything I can do or do I have too use an other program?

• Frode_53
    Frode_53 Posts: 2 ✭✭
  • WilliamZWang
    WilliamZWang Posts: 1

It says that I'm using TeamViewer for professional support, but I'm just a university student trying to use TeamView to connect from my Mac to my PC. How do I fix this? I use a VPN so my IPs are either from a university or a datacenter.

• AndrewHart
    AndrewHart Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have an 87 year old mother, who I have supported via teamviewer for years. I now can connect for about 1min at which time I am disconnected and told to play fair and buy a license. I would log on to her machine maybe once a month, I thought I was playing fair.

• bermassi
    bermassi Posts: 1

It’s very tedious that TV says I’m using it for commercial use while this is not true. My only purpose is to control remotely my pc telescope and this is a hobby not business. This beahvior appears randomly but now is about 1 year I can’t use TV, so I had to migrate toward another platform without obsessive manies e so many of my friends. It's a real shame because TV worked very well. Patience!

Best regards

bermassi

• LG_
    LG_ Posts: 1

What could be the solution?

I am using TV rarely between few of my family computers for basic actions like switching off them through the phone and similar.

Most times I do this (some times only yearly) I get a message that I was suspected as business user.

I have to do it over and over to state that I am not.

Is there a solution to let TV or their robot notice once I would use the platform for busibess purposes I will report myself?

Suspecting is childish

• Paul_A
    Paul_A Posts: 4 ✭✭

Can anyone advise or help. I have had some contact with Teamviewer. But the matter is yet unresolved. I have used Teamviewer for a number of years without experiencing this issue. My connection partner has an old PC running Windows 7. Both versions of teamviewer are up to date. I do not use team viewer for commercial purposes. I manage 1 PC remotely for a friend who has access issues, I connect around twice a month.

Thanks Paul Browne

• otaebour
    otaebour Posts: 2 ✭✭

my connection always logged me out in 5secs

any solution

• HEFF
    HEFF Posts: 2 ✭✭

My account has mistakenly been flagged as being used for commercial purposes, and I have twice filled out the request to have it reset. However, I have not been contacted by TeamViewer about this, and it's been about 3 weeks since I submitted the form. When I fill out the form, it has a box for me to sign, but I'm using a laptop and I don't know how to do that. Is this maybe the reason why I'm not being contacted in this regard??

Thanks, ---- Davie

• GisleH
    GisleH Posts: 2 ✭✭

I only use teamviewer on my own private pc's in my own private home, which is currently 2pc's. One laptop i use for everything, and one stationary which i have backuped movies on and use as an home server connected to my tv and running plex. I use teamviewer to control this tv pc because it doesnt really have any mouse or keyboard. But teamviewer has somehow decided that this is not for free use, and locked me out.

So, is this for free use? It can be months between every time i used teamviewer, then only for 30-60min, and months until next time.

• Jaime2023_
    Jaime2023_ Posts: 4 ✭✭

Can you please advise me how to fix this problem

• srtour2011
    srtour2011 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 3

I'll make a few comments. I've had this problem intermittently. In once case I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and everything started working again. I'm pretty sure that I clicked every box that would try to wipe out all traces of teamviewer before reinstalling.

I now have a computer (my moms) that I cannot get to work but someone else did the uninstall and I don't know if they clicked all the right boxes so some lingering registry values or something that's causing the problem could still exist.

I found multiple articles online describing a ridiculously difficult procedure to fix it and I can't try it because I can't keep the connection up long enough to do any real work and it's far beyond my mother to type "regedit:" ;-)

[removed per Community Guidelines]

IF YOU ARE A PRODUCT MANAGER FOR TEAMVIEWER PLEASE READ THIS: I believe that you get decent QA out of the free version as well creating much goodwill. I've personally written several online reviews for you. Beyond that I used to be an executive at **Third Party Product** and even pointed your company to their M&A group a year ago as I think you have one of the best products in the industry. Note: **Third Party Product** owned **Third Party Product** until a few years ago and **Third Party Product** bought them. I've spent a lot of time with remote control going back to **Third Party Product** in the 90's. So you have a good product, but leaving this out there for thousands if not tens of thousands of people is the height of irresponsibility. No person can afford this product for personal use so the upsell opportunity is not going to work. [removed per Community Guidelines]However as the problem I am experiencing (disconnect after around 1 minute and dialog that says I have to wait to reconnect and then not allowing it and extending the time for reconnect) has been going on for YEARS and I've experienced it on at least 3 PC's. So you have two choices: Build a utility to fix the problem when it occurs and make it available, or get out of the free business like **Third Party Product** did. The middle ground of letting free users suffer is unacceptable.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

But unfortunately, I'm going to have to sunset using TeamViewer as it's too unreliable.

My sincerest hope, however, is that a PM reads this message, responds, and does something about it for me and the rest of you.

• grfried
    grfried Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Can I get a honest document that tells me how to setup and use TeamViewer for Free? Also whether I need to do anything special to have a friend install TeamViewer on their computer so that I can help them fix problems. The huge amount of information on the web makes it clear that thousands of people trying to use Free TeamViewer have this problem. If you don't want TeamViewer to be available for free personal use. Just say it and stop wasting all of our time. I'm hoping that it is possible to set the time out for free connections to at 5 minutes.

• walkleader
    walkleader Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

I am using a Free licence and I use Teamviewer about ten times a year to help out some of my friends. As we speak I am getting kicked out because I quote" I have been detected as a commercial user" which is clearly rubbish. Surely Teamviewer must know that I use it infrequently, and also how can the situation be rectified??

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

By default, the Free licence is offered at install time.

• schmoopies42
    schmoopies42 Posts: 1

How do I use TeamViewer at home? Once a month? I do make decisions at work about whether we continue our TeamViewer usage there and I'm not happy about being kicked off in my private account when I only use it once a month

I've reinstalled and ...

I've reinstalled TeamViewer on my mother's computer (which is tricky since I can only visit 2-3 times a year)

But now I can't help her. Drops me out and says I'm a professional?? Once a month??

What do I do?

• I have not used this app in literally months. I tried to use it this morning to support my 76 year old mother in a foreign country and it told me I'm using the app commercially and need to buy a license. I couldn't connect. Are they just trying to con me in to buying a license?

• mergi
    mergi Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

I have been using TeamViewer for personal purposes. I was recently logging on to two computers, but I only had five minutes to check the process. I always receive this connection block notification even if I don't do business activity through TeamViewer. How should this get fixed?

thanks

• DennisPB
    DennisPB Posts: 4 ✭✭

Download TV on both host and remote laptops for family personal use.

After a few minutes TV disconnects me.

I took longer to download TV on both laptops and to configure the laptops than I was connected.

Error message received attached.

• tomscot2
    tomscot2 Posts: 3 ✭✭

All of a sudden one of my personal use clients is timing out almost immediately and I am not allowed to reconnect without waiting. The computers are on the same home network. I am still able to connect to one other computer on the same network.

• Nate_Christy
    Nate_Christy Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

I have been flagged for business use which is incorrect. I have tried to fill out the form but it will not accept my id. I can also not reach support.

Thanks

• nathy67
    nathy67 Posts: 1

i have a laptop running on windows 11, after update teamviewer. teamviewer timeout after 1 minute use and than i have to waite 1 minut and than the same issue. even if i instal it again

• RickA
    RickA Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am using TeamViewer free version for my two home computers for personal use; however, the connection / TeamViewer session has timed out and ended in around 15 seconds lately. I pretty sure I meet your qualifications for the free version. Please check and advise. Many thanks!