Personal use: TeamViewer for Synology DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2

dmanjarres
dmanjarres Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Hi There,

I have been using TeamViewer for Synology with no issues. But after applying the new DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2 to my Synology DS216Play, when I remote using my Windows Teamviewer App, it only let me see a Web Station's message asking to complete installation.

I can't get access to the management console anymore. My assumption is that the :5000 suffix is not added to the call script.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• dmanjarres
    Answer ✓

I created a support ticket with Synology, and this is what I got:

"I understand you are having trouble connecting via Teamviewer. Please open the Package Center and stop and start Teamviewer. Verify that the application is configured correctly, and you have signed in.

Let us know if you are still having trouble after checking the settings above."

I followed their instructions, and nothing changed.

Hope someone from the TeamViewer's support team can help resolve this issue.

• ManelGT
    ManelGT Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I can confirm, now (and after seeing your post), that stopping Webstation "solved" this problem...allowing at last the Teamviewer app to connect through Remote app control directly to the Synology administrative page, as it used to be months ago...

Happy remoting again!... LOL

Thanks!...(for now and until a more definitive, comprehensive and satisfactory solution is found...)

(and sorry, english is not my native language)

Answers

• OcifferAction
    OcifferAction Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm having the same issue. When I try to connect to my Synology DS920+ after updating the DSM it appears that I'm being taken to my DDNS address which I have a website hosted on. It does appear to be leaving the port number off the connection.

• dmanjarres
    Answer ✓

I created a support ticket with Synology, and this is what I got:

"I understand you are having trouble connecting via Teamviewer. Please open the Package Center and stop and start Teamviewer. Verify that the application is configured correctly, and you have signed in.

Let us know if you are still having trouble after checking the settings above."

I followed their instructions, and nothing changed.

Hope someone from the TeamViewer's support team can help resolve this issue.

• OcifferAction
    OcifferAction Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I've done that as well with the same result. I've uninstalled and reinstalled on both the connecting PC and my Synology and that hasn't worked either.

• dmanjarres

@OcifferAction , you probably got the same message from Synology. I am attaching below an image of the last message:

At least this confirms the issue we are experiencing is real. Now the developers from both companies need to agree who needs to fix it.

Let's hope to hear from them in a couple of days.

• dmanjarres

I heard from Synology's support team. Here is their last communication:

So now we are in the hands of TeamViewer's development team. Hope they could fix this bug at the earliest.

• dmanjarres

It's been two months since I posted this entry. I wonder if the Team Viewer's support team has seen it and has any response.

Thanks in advance.

• dmanjarres

After 3 months I still don't have any answer from TeamViewer's support team.

Does anyone in the community know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

• Joulecar
    Joulecar Posts: 1

I have same issue.

teamviewer pointing to port 80. So I temporary disable WebStation and use docker.

I hope the teamviewer's dev solves the problem soon

• ManelGT
    ManelGT Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I can confirm, now (and after seeing your post), that stopping Webstation "solved" this problem...allowing at last the Teamviewer app to connect through Remote app control directly to the Synology administrative page, as it used to be months ago...

Happy remoting again!... LOL

Thanks!...(for now and until a more definitive, comprehensive and satisfactory solution is found...)

(and sorry, english is not my native language)

• I just found this, and it worked for me as well. Thanks!

• Crip
    Crip Posts: 3 ✭✭

This has still not been resolved, though. Stopping Webstation is a mere workaround.

I have found TeamViewer support to be pathetically unmotivated when it comes to resolving these types of issues that require investigation.

Considering that the issue was first raised in October 2022 and it is close to a year later with no comment from Teamviewer; I consider that appalling.