TeamViewerQS and EULA

Hello!

I have question about TeamViewer QuickSupport on a Windows computer, maybe someone also has stumbled on it...

If I copy TeamViewerQS.exe on a Windows 10 device, lets say folder will be C:\TeamViewer and execute this TeamViewerQS.exe from this folder (or from a shortcut which is created on a Desktop for example), then on first execution there will be prompted "End-User License Agreement" window for the user who is executing that .exe file.

Is it possible to disable that window from prompting somehow? Believe it or not, it can be confusing for some users (especially for those who do not understand the language very well, etc.) 🙂

Any information would be appreciated

Best Answer

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi T2nel,

I fully understand your point and hope that the PopUp does not confuse them too much 🤞.

Showing this PopUp is actually a legal requirement and every user of our software needs to accept our EULA before being able to use the software. As this is a legal requirement, there is no workaround I can offer you!

Thanks for your understanding and I hope my answer could give you at least a bit of background.

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

Answers

• Esther
    Answer ✓

Hi T2nel,

I fully understand your point and hope that the PopUp does not confuse them too much 🤞.

Showing this PopUp is actually a legal requirement and every user of our software needs to accept our EULA before being able to use the software. As this is a legal requirement, there is no workaround I can offer you!

Thanks for your understanding and I hope my answer could give you at least a bit of background.

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Miroslav_Odraska
    Miroslav_Odraska Posts: 1
    edited December 2021

Hello,

this pop up is really bad. some users have a really big problem to click check box and next. They dont understand it and then i have problem to make them understand it, so the name QuickSupport is really not QuickSupport.

Thank you for understanding.

• Esther

HI @Miroslav_Odraska

Thanks for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that some users are having problems clicking it.

I am curious to hear whether you have an idea how we can present the PopUp in a better and easier to understand way. Maybe we can collect some ideas here. Looking forward to your ideas!

Thanks and have a great day,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• it-tude
    it-tude Posts: 1
    edited December 2021

I am having problem after a remote computer reboot that it gets stuck at the EULA window when you login to a new windows 10 user profile and someone at the local computer needs to tick the box and agree before I get control of the computer again, that is really bad and if there is none to do that you have a big problem,please remove the EULA ASAP or fix the reboot and eula problem

• AStaUK
    AStaUK Posts: 1

Just to add this is also a regular annoyance for me as well. I arrange to remote on to a users PC to fix a problem, they download QS and accept the EULA, I remote on and do what I need to do, I now need to reboot the PC and can't regain access to the PC because the EULA has popped back up, my end user meanwhile is no longer at the PC because they've had to leave for a meeting.

I can accept that there is a legal requirement for the EULA, but why does it need to come every time, surely if the end user has already accepted it, it's served it's purpose, or if I have initiated a restart then surely it can be suppressed until the next time the software is opened by the end user. Or as a paying customer using this to support my end users allow me as the admin to set a reg or something to suppress this and accept it company wide.

In it's current form it's extremely annoying and potentially wasting a lot of my time and would raise questions as to if TeamViewer was fit for purpose and I might be better off looking at alternatives.

• karlis
    karlis Posts: 1

I strongly disagree. We have bought commercial license and already accepted license agreement, also in behalf of our employees. So you should not to ask them to accept EULA when they are using this product. As alternative you can ask to accept special terms to create personalized QS.

• nss
    nss Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2022

I'm now locked out of a computer on my paid Teamviewer account because this EULA is on screen and I can't click on it after I switched users. You know what software doesn't do this? [removed per Community Guidelines]

Why did you introduce this? This was never a problem until recent updates and now we're continually getting locked out of systems so often that we will need to switch to **Third Party Product**.

Hopefully this is a bug that will be fixed soon because Teamviewer is unusable like this.

• Compex
    Compex Posts: 1

We have same problem. Please remove licence and EULA from installing screen, our users are very disagree. We pay TM licence for us every year and customized QS is OUR SUPPORT module for OUR users!

• lutti
    lutti Posts: 1

We also use QS to assist our customers. The target device has an 5inch portrait touchscreen. When the EULA dialog is shown, the Ok button can not be clicked by the user because it is outside (on the right) of the display's boundaries. Is there a way to suppress the EULA dialog?

• cskdstech
    cskdstech Posts: 3 ✭✭

i understand it's a legal requirement. however is there a way to not have it pop up every time the QS file is ran? it confuses our customers enough just when we have our own disclaimer that comes up and now we have to add another license agreement? is there maybe a way to store a cookie that says that the customer that ran the QS file on that computer has agreed to the license agreement X amount of days ago so they can run the QS program without that popup? or maybe a "Remember this computer's choice" option.

also were YOUR (teamviewer) customers notified that there would be an additional item added to the module that we customized? i don't remember seeing that. there's other options as well, such as just a window that comes up saying do you accept the EULA with a link to the EULA instead of displaying it in full so it's there but up to the user to read it. i get enough grief with new customers freaking out over the website when it says "Didn't load? Try again" because they don't notice that something has downloaded or is prompting them to save at the bottom of the screen. these are a few concerns over the software and can easily be addressed but it seems like no one's addressing them.

as pointed out, this is designed to be QUICK SUPPORT. it's hardly quick if you keep throwing in more hurdles for the end user to jump to get support from us.

• HDE
    HDE Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

I support all other unhappy users in this thread.

This is a nonsense. Please give the admins who package the QuickSupport branded for their company, an option to NOT prompt for EULA.

If Teamviewer does not want to take the responsibility of this, then at least let us deploy a GPO (i.e. with registry key) to disable this globally (not per user account) on systems owned by our company !

Thanks!

• When you connect with a user and after that you try to reconnect at the session but with a windows admin account you can't because it requires to accept eula AGAIN and until the customer accepts you can't connect anymore......it's impossible work in this way ....we pay so many bucks for the license and we need to spend so many waste time in recall the customer for accept again the eula....no good. Please leave us generate a quicksupport exe with the possibility to disable eula. Thanks.

• jorgecosta1981
    jorgecosta1981 Posts: 1

Hi,

we have broken windows and we are unable to rdp to it to press the eula. please allow to activate the eula with a command line switch. which would be the same as pressing a button legally since you need to actually do it.

• Gimel
    Gimel Posts: 1

+1

When a company creates a customised QuickSupport, they accept the EULA de facto. You cannot ask every single user to accept the EULA. It is totaly useless from a legal point of view.

• smathis
    smathis Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

I could not agree more! This is nonsense and stops it from being quicksupport. Please fix this so we do not have to find an alternative product like **Third Party Product** or **Third Party Product**.

• mhacker
    mhacker Posts: 1

I also agree completely. The need to accept an eula is totally useless as this is a customized qs-module and when buying licenses, we already accepted your license terms!

In my eyes, "Quick-Support" means (as in former Versions!), doubleclick an exe -file and TV starts. Period.

• EvgenyS
    EvgenyS Posts: 1

Please create EULA ask after connection, not before. Find solution to disable this or our company can't renew yearly contract with Teamviewer. ITS NOT QUICKSUPPORT.