Auto assign host module does not work

Options

HI,

I am pulling my hair out, i have created a TeamViewer deploy host module and made sure all the settings are correct, but it never seems to assign it to the main TeamViewer account and this is so annoying as you then have to manually add it and the logo is not our business brand, the option is there why won't it work

kind regards,

Richard

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Options

What method are you using?

• Are you on a domain and deploying with Group Policy?
      • Did you create a Service Connection Point in Active Directory?
    • Are you using the Assignment Tool?

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Easytiger
    Easytiger Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mate,

we are just using the URL that i have created for the host module, so like get.teamviewer.com/host

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Options

I have been dealing with a similar situation. We have a ServiceConnectionPoint (SCP) configured in Active Directory (even though we are deploying TeamViewer on non-domain members) and everything was working well until sometime in the last month. Not sure what changed, but we needed a solution. This is not simple. A customer will not be able to download your custom installer and automatically be assigned to your account, which may be by design. In my tests I was getting our custom logo, but all of the settings were default since it was not acquiring a policy. Anyway, here is what I am doing now.

• msi downloaded from custom module.
    • TeamViewer_Settings.reg file to apply preferred settings. (name is mandatory)
    • TeamViewer_Assingment.exe also downloaded from custom module.
    • bat file to get everything to run.

Module Deployment Package.png

We deploy an in-house Windows image, run experiments for a few weeks, and start over. This package is being installed automatically during the first boot after deploying the image. The four items above are included in the same directory and the bat file is run with admin privileges. Depending on your security settings, you may still see a UAC prompt.

Here is the bat file:

TeamViewer_Host-idc*******.msi /qn
    TeamViewer_Assignment.exe -apitoken 276****-Xk*******f5aX*******n -datafile "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json"
    • Your configuration ID goes on the end of the msi name (must include idc)
    • Your API token is available on the module config page also.
    • The AssignmentData.json file is created during the TeamViewer install. C:\Program Files (x86) is the default path for 64bit Windows.

I may need to add a pause of some kind between the two commands. Some installs failed to join my account and I think the .json file just wasn't ready.

There are other options. I recommend reading the MSI Manual and the Assignment Tool Manual to get a better sense of the process. Unfortunately, all of the methods I am aware of require the computers to be on the same network (LAN) to automatically join an account. 

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.