Could having both 'TeamViewer' and 'TeamViewer QuickSupport' installed lead to conflicts?

I work for a distributor of Vectorworks providing tech support for users. One of our clients has also purchased a plugin to Vectorworks, called Interior XS which installs with a (branded/customised) copy of 'TeamViewer QuickSupport.' 

This client is a big corporate with an IT administered network. They already have TeamViewer installed on every computer and they need to know whether having both of these installed could cause a conflict. 

They have also asked for instructions from us on how to remove it. - We are not the manufacturer of this plugin so do not know how to do this and I doubt the manufacture could answer this easily/quickly, - and our client expects/needs an answer quickly. 

Can someone with the ability to answer this definitively please help? 

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JellyAhHa
    JellyAhHa Posts: 8 ✭✭

Thank you Scotty! 

I believe that does resolve the query, thank you. I did want to also find out how the 'QuickSupport' one could be removed, but because the full TeamViewer and the TeamViewer QuickSupport can't run simultaneously, AND because there would be very little likelihood that a user would find and/or need to launch the 'QuickSupport' application directly, I expect there is no need to exclude or remove it from the installation, so this question might now be moot. If you have any further comment on this matter, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll leave it at that. 

Cheers! 

Jeremy

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi JellyAhHa,

Sorry, I honestly have no idea how to remove our software from their plugin. Generally, they package the QS exe inside their package somewhere and simply add a link in their software directing to this.

So it may be possible to delete the exe or it may not be removable, I can't say.

All I can say is that your installed version will stop their QS from working, but the QS will not interfere with your clients TeamViewer.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?