Corporate license shows as "free"

manohoo
manohoo Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in General questions

I own a corporate license. When on version 12 any connections would display as "corporate" license, however, after upgrading to version 13 I see "free" license, and the annoying "this was a free session please play fair...." message. How do I fix this?

Comments

• catnamedmac1
    catnamedmac1 Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have the exact same issue using my QuickSupport module with my clients since upgrading to TV13 for the Mac. In addition, if I log into TeamViewer on my MacBook Pro it displays "free", but when I log into TeamViewer on my iMac it says doesn't display anything.

• Hello, is anyone going to answer?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @manohoo

If you would like to work with TeamViewer 13, you can contact our Sales department and update your license to version 13.

If you don´t want to update your license you can re-ínstall TeamViewer 12 on your devices. This will remove the message about the free session as well.

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I bought version 12 and they told me they would give me version 13 for free with this purchase, because I was about to leave. I updated it and now it says "free".
    With version 12 I have not been able to connect to my clients and the server. What I can do?

• I was in the same situation. You have to install version 13 and sign in with your credentials. Unfortunately it will not be recognized as a purchased license, but you will be able to connect to your PCs. It is shameful that Teamviewer doesn't test such basic feature before releasing it to the public.

• So now I have to uninstall v13 and install v12 on all my PCs?!!!

Where do I get v12? I can't find it in your site.

• RRO
    RRO Posts: 2

Hello to all,

Well, it seems that now, licences are managed from the TW account, not the app itself.

Anyway, you can still use the old licencing process using the "Legacy device activation" in the "Licence Activation" menu.

Hope it helps.

• DangerDane
    DangerDane Posts: 1
    @Esther wrote:

Hi @manohoo

If you would like to work with TeamViewer 13, you can contact our Sales department and update your license to version 13.

If you don´t want to update your license you can re-ínstall TeamViewer 12 on your devices. This will remove the message about the free session as well.

Thanks, Esther

I have a license activated for my account, when I sign on at work it says thats its activated and everything, but when I log on from home with the same account it says its a free account??

• @Esther

Is this supposed to be a joke?  Why not display a warning/message for those who owns a corporate license? Do you even know what a corporate license is? I would have to go to comp department to request the license upgrade!!!! and then ask every employee to upgrade their teamviewer!!!!! really???? REALLY??? 

• Had I known about how TeamViewer treats clients I would've never purchased the license. And it wasn't cheap!!!

• @manohoo

We are facing the same issue with the Linux client. We bought an expensive corporate license, but the client thinks it's the 'free' version. Did you manage to solve it?

Regards,

Lars