Why Can't I Control my Android Device?

Answers

• Teamviewer needs to obtain permission from Google to run remote control on Pixle

• I am waiting for this because until it is develpoed i can't control my redmi 5A from my work place.It is very necessary to control redmi device from any place to them who doesn't fix the problem.

• Same Problem here, with Nexus 9 Tablet and Windows PC. Blue Hand shows up thats it.

• Same issue … Did you find a fix? Sunstar82_cwet_kk.

• Hello.
    I have not found a solution yet. I am still in search of the solution. If I find it I will inform you here.
    If you find it, help us by posting here.

I think the only solution will be if the teamviewer team encodes a driver for this particular hardware / operating system.

Have a happy new year,
    Stardust

• i have installed qv13 and qs on micromax android but unable to rcontrol it remotely

• timotv
    timotv Posts: 5 ✭✭

Mouse doesn't work on Samsung Glaxy S4:

https://youtu.be/o_xtWEEQ-HA

• I am using a Huawei Nexus 6p. Huawei is on your list of supported devices. So why doesn't it allow me to control my phone?

• ctuREM
    ctuREM Posts: 1

I have a Google Pixel (1st gen), manufactured by HTC, and also am not able to actually control any elements.

• I have the same problem and still have not found a solution 

• Shocked that TV is not still supporting this phone. 

• timotv
    timotv Posts: 5 ✭✭

Mouse doesn't work in Xiaomi Mi6 also. Absolutely the same behaviour as in Samsung Galaxy S4 (look the video in the previous post)

• Googy
    Googy Posts: 1

Hello !

I've a Xiaomi Mix 2. I installed the Host app on my phone and the Teamviewer client on my PC. I can connect to my Mix2, screen sharing is working but not remote control

• When we get the Remote control add-on for Xiaomi?

• I can see the mouse pointer but tapping does not work. I can only receive the tv box remote desktop on a desktop pc.

• Possibly solved on Pixel 2 on Android 8.0.1. Try going to your settings, then apps, then expand advanced settings, go to special app access, and enable TeamViewer under Device Admin apps. I have not tested this, but the option is labeled so that it is implied this is required for remote control.
  • Android 8.1.0 I tried settings, apps, special app access, device admin apps, selected TeamViewer Host (needed for the remote control feature). Displays " this admin app is active and allows the app Host to perform the following operations:" but no operations arfe listed. Still allows screen sharing only

• TomF
    TomF Posts: 3

I would like to control my Android tablet from my Android phone. I connect and see the screen but controlled device not reacting to taps, gestures. (Personal use)

I just installed the TeamViewer app from the Google Play store to my Samsung S7 phone. I then installed the TeamViewer Quick Support (QS) app on my Android based tablet. Android OS is up to date on both devices.

Started QS on the tablet and received the code. Started TeamViewer on the phone, entered the code, and tapped Remote Control. I can see the tablet's screen on the phone. On the phone I can move around and zoom with zoom mode unlocked. On the phone with zoom mode locked I tap... the cursor (blue hand) appears on the tablet, but nothing happens. Tried other taps and gestures but nothing.

What am I missing? Please help. Thank you,

• TomF
    Trying to control an Android tablet (Insignia 10 Flex) from an Android phone (Samsung S7). All OS and s/w is up to date. Connection is successful, I can see the tablet's screen on the phone, can move around and zoom (zoom mode unlocked), but taps and other gestures have no effect (zoom mode locked).
    Installed Team viewer app on phone. Installed Team viewer Quick Support (QS) on tablet. Started AS on tablet and received code. Started TeamViewer on phone, entered code, and connected. Can only see screen, can't control. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • kupk
    kupk Posts: 1

Obviously it is a question of money. Xiaomi wont allow Teamviewer if it is not profitable for them. Or the Chinese are already working on some buggy version of their software. Remember, there is no charity in China. Recently Xiaomi removed Lite version of their homescreen that was used by older people and users with sight impairment just because it was not profitable enough for the corporation. So you guys decide who you are going to stay with...

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

This device is not supported by us at the moment.

Unfortunately, we are not able to support all Android devices.

To allow full remote control of a device, we need cooperation from the manufacturers themselves which we do not have for all manufacturers.

Please see our Android Device FAQ For supported devices. As this does require the manufacturers support, we cannot simply commit to making this possible as we cannot do it alone.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • TomF

Okay, thank you for your reply... speedy and very helpful..

• As soon as my kids get out of the living room, im going to try this:

>>

Posted by primusii2000 
    Digon

‎21 Jan 2017, 5:18 AM

Re: android tv box

I found a solution for your problem friend. Man, it took me days but finally did it! Ok, if you already have your quicksupport app downloaded, keep it. Now, go to Play Store and download Team Viewer Host. When you open it, it will ask you to install the addon. When you finally get it downloaded and installed, go to QS again and open it. You will see that the message will not be shown again, and now you can connect remotely to your android box. Wallaaaaa!! Yessss!!!

• Installed quicksupport on remote Samsung Galaxy light with Samsung add-on. Installed TeamViewer for remote control on host Kyocera DuraForce Pro also with Samsung add-on. Can control screen but when attempting to access files I get the error "Your partner is currently using the TeamViewer for remote control app, therefore the connection was denied..."
  • Wouldn't have made sense to install the Samsung add-on on the Kyocera. I didn't, I don't think. To be sure, I uninstalled TeamViewer for Remote from the Kyocera, and reinstalled, without any add-on. Still getting the same error when attempting to access files remotely from the Samsung.
  • I am not able to Control my Android device from my PC.

Manufacturer      Xiaomi
    Model                   2014818
    OS                        Android
    Version                4.4.4

Thanks & Regards;

Kunvar

• Ejpren
    Ejpren Posts: 3
    Does someone with TeamViewer support look at these posts?
  • Stardust
    Stardust Posts: 3

Hello.
    I will try it.
    Thank you.

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Pepox,

Unfortunately, as explained our Android Device FAQ, this device is not on our list of supported manufacturers and so this device is not supported by us at the moment.

Unfortunately, we are not able to support all Android devices.

To allow full remote control of a device, we need cooperation from the manufacturers themselves which we do not have for all manufacturers.

As this does require the manufacturers support, we cannot simply commit to making this possible as we cannot do it alone. At the moment this is not on the roadmap sorry.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?