How to Share iOS 11 Screens Easily With TeamViewer

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited April 2023 in Blog

iOS Screensharing.pngSneak preview: Try out TeamViewer’s new iOS 11 screen sharing feature for free, until October 30.

Great news for all iPhone and iPad users with the new iOS 11, as well as their tech supporters! TeamViewer QuickSupport now offers a new way to share your device’s screens with speed and ease.

Up until now, screen sharing your iPhone or iPad was a daunting task. To screen-share iPhones and iPads, you had to plug them into a Mac via USB, screen sharing that to another Mac, and thus be able to see the mobile device and provide help.

Especially when speaking about more than one or a few devices, say in a company, for educational purposes, or as a professional IT supporter, the procedure simply isn’t feasible as it is, namely too indirect and hard to scale up.

That’s why internet forums are full of people searching for better ways to share the screens of iOS devices. But today, TeamViewer can gladly announce that the times of over-complicated iOS screen sharing are finally over!

Irrespective of whether you just want to show your buddy some cool new iOS 11 features or there are hundreds of iOS devices in your company that must be maintained, you can breathe a sigh of relief.

With TeamViewer, it’s now easier than ever before to share your iOS 11 screens – and thanks to our extensive cross-platform capabilities, you can even do so using your Windows PC or Android tablet.

Let’s jump right into the tutorial to get you all set up!

How to Set Up iOS Screen Sharing With TeamViewer

1. Make sure you are on iOS 11 and download and install the TeamViewer QuickSupport app from the AppStore.

2. After opening the app on your device, press the Share Screen button.

3. (Only for initial set-up): The QuickSupport app will display instructions to set up your device for screen sharing. The goal here is to add the Screen Recording button to your device’s control center.

a. Leave the QuickSupport app and go to the device’s Settings.

b. Go to Control Center, press Customize, and add Screen Recording.

4. Return to the QuickSupport app, slide up the control center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, and 3D touch (iPhone S6 and above) or press and hold the Screen Recording button. Select TeamViewer QuickSupport from the appearing menu and press Start Broadcast.

5. You’ll receive a notification with your TeamViewer ID, which can now be used to establish a connection from another instance of TeamViewer.

Congratulations! You can now screen share iOS 11 devices with TeamViewer and navigate through the device while your connection partner will be able to see the screen in real time.

Try iOS 11 Screen Sharing With TeamViewer Today

Finally, iOS users, as well as IT supporters, can the possibilities of screen sharing more easily.

Once the QuickSupport app on your iOS 11 device is set up, you can connect to it and share its screen with only as much as a click or a touch whenever you like.

Are you excited about iOS 11 screen sharing with TeamViewer’s QuickSupport app?

Try out the new feature for free until October 30, as a part of the official sneak preview!

Simply visit the App Store and download the TeamViewer QuickSupport app for iOS.

Former Community Manager

Comments

• When I get to the control center there is no 'Customize' nor any way to 'add Screen Recording'

• Esther

Hi @Deborahjm In this Knowledge Base article you´ll find a detailed description incl. Screenshots how you can do the setup. The most important step in the beginning is to update your iOS device to iOS11. I hope, the description helps. All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi, I've just download the QuickSupport app but the Share Screen button not appear or show in my IPhone 5S, Any ideas why ?

• Eduardo
    Eduardo Posts: 39 Staff member 🤠

Did you already upgrade your iphone  to IOS 11? If not that is the reason why it does not work.

Did you have a look at this  Knowledge Base Article ?

Regards,

Eduardo

• Can I use Teamviewer 11 to accomplish this?  I have an iPad with iOS11 and the Quicksupport icon.  I am following the directions but still get the same interface as before....no real screen sharing.

• I am kind of confused....I have read that you need iOS 9.0 or later and in other notes iOS 11.

I have an iPad using 9.3 and another one using 10.0 and the app is not working. I have deleted the app and re-installed and still half the screen shows up.

image.png

• Hi. I am able to view my Grandma's iPad iOS ( v.11.1) screen from my Windows 10 TeamViewer (v.13 ) Remote Control Panel; however, after a few minutes, her iPad's screen sharing times out and the connection is severed. I've looked at all the Quick Support settings as well as the iPad's settings for Screen Recording/Broadcasting and I have yet to identify the culprit. Any ideas?

• I tried it with TV11 and TV12 and it did not work. I can't believe this article failed to mention that you need TV13.

• Esther

@Cryptorillo Thanks for your post. This Blog article is about the sneak preview for this feature which was available until October 30th for everybody to test. Please have a look at this Knowledge Base article for all information about the requirements and the set up for the current feature. Thanks again, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I have installed iOS Quick Support and Screen Recording is in my Control Panel but when I do a hard press in Screen Recording TeamViewer is not shown in my choices.

Any idea how to resolve this?

• Euxim
    Euxim Posts: 1

SOLVED!!

I checked my Restrictions in the settings tap. After login into Restriction way at the bottom is option SCREENRECORDER ON/OFF 

IT WAS OFF!!! So turned it on it was Rocking!!! Hope this HELPED!!

Same here

iphone 6s Screenrecorder added to controlpanel. When 3d touch no teamviewer to share with.

ios11.3

tv13 quicksupport

tv13 PC

• Dear Esther, I've downloaded the teamviewer quick support for my iphone 8 and added the screenrecording to control center. But when I press or touch the recording button, the phone will automatically go screenrecording. There is no Cameral Rooll / Team viewer choice. How can I fix this? My tablet is surface pro 3. THX.

• Hii I am a iPhone 4S user and I want to record screen on it while playing games can you please tell me will it work or not.

Sachin Khanna
  • @agirl520: Press AND hold your finger on the record button and choose 'TeamViewer' (and not 'Camerarol'