Beware! Hacked! Cursor was moving when I sat in front of computer

TomShreds
TomShreds Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi, I came home today and say my cursor clicking away by itself. Noticed it was coming from another computer from inside my house. I was alone.

I found out somebody successfully connected to another of my computer and was trying to browser my other laptop from that computer. I shut down all computers, resetted my password, and then turned it back on to check out logs. Appears that a certain *REMOVED BY MODERATOR* with Computer ID *REMOVED BY MODERATOR* is the culprit.

I'm not using the PRO version so I doubt I can see a connection log from the website itself?

What I don't understand is: How did somebody connected to my account without me receiving any connection warning emails from another location or anything else?

PS: I just enabled second factor authentication. It wasn't before but what I fear is that it won't change a thing since the hack used seems to bypass all of this IMO

Here's the logs: *REMOVED BY MODERATOR*  just look for the computer ID and alias I mentioned you'll quickly find the related logs.

What should I do? I've been hacked multiple times over the past 10 years and I'm really starting to lose faith in TeamViewer's ability to keep me and my clients safe. Yes I should have enabled 2FA earlier but I find it disconcerting that this kind of Win98-era hack still happens.

Comments

• Is this still related to that TV-related hack from a year ago?

2018/02/10 01:48:39.069 348 4366798848      D501   SessionManagerDesktop::ChangeToServermode: creating session with TVSessionID = 1756589527
    2018/02/10 01:48:39.076 62 4499529728      S0     CPersistentParticipantManager::AddParticipant: [585784403,-1826011901] type=6 name=ALNITEC-TCHI267

• How did you enable two factor authentication?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi TomShreds,

Please email us the information at privacy@teamviewer.com

Thanks,
    Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hello,

We just wanted to provide an update to this thread and ensure all users that we take privacy and security very serious.

Any user that submits a ticket to privacy@teamviewer.com will always recieve correspondence regarding a concern for security and help from our privcay team.

Thanks to everyone for using TeamViewer!

All the best,

Jonathan