Script error upon exit of Teamviewer 15

Comments

• Hello Everybody!

First of all, I'm so sorry if there are some mistakes of my english :D 
    My friend have a problem, when he closes the TW13, an error window comes up with this message:

"Object doesn't  support this property or method :'addEventListener' "

I tried unistall the TW and reinstall, but this error window comes up again.

He use the windows 7 x64
    Is anybody know the solution for this problem,?

I'm so sorry for the picture, but we are hungarians, I tried to translate the error message.

Névtelen.png

• Hi,

I've exactly the same problem with TeamViewer 9 QS.

I saw a few minutes ago, some people who have the same problem as us.

The link is here : https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Script-error-upon-exit-of-Teamviewer-12/m-p/3905

As it seems, we can workaround this error by adding "127.0.0.1 s.adroll.com" in your "Hosts" file which is located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

But it doesn't work for me ... Can you tell me if it's ok for you ?

Thank you

• I just realized that it does not work because we do not have the same URL.
    We just do not ..
  • I found something.

Try this, it resolves my problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PkBJbFeVc0
  • Thank you very much :):)
  • PeterWorks
    PeterWorks Posts: 5 ✭✭

We have been here before - see:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Script-error-upon-exit-of-Teamviewer-12/m-p/3905/thread-id/1263

and, according to Jeremy a TeamViewer staffer, the developers were sorting it out (which they did successfully). Hopefully a staffer will pick it up again and do a fix...

• OK, So I note this issue was closed when the proplem went away. The problem has not gone away for my father who gets this error message when he closes TeamViewer 13 and the window pops up inviting registration to the newsletter. I'd like to be able to revert to acknowledging that our use is private only which I get and which doesn't generate this script error. Please advise TV team.

• wen8044
    wen8044 Posts: 1

I get the script error also but on google chrome

• Noro
    Noro Posts: 1

I found the same error (v.13) but also a workaround.

Loading TVQS from the site or from a logo link gives you a version that generates the error on exit. However if you create a custom download of TVQS (even with free account) you get a custom link.

The custom link is to a web page that downloads a slightly different version of TVQS. The download page also has a "Try again" link. I took the direct URL to the file from the "try again" and placed it as the download link on my logo button. You just need to keep the logo image link as is. The result is a perfect download logo link that gets a file with no exit issues.

• Schrotty
    Schrotty Posts: 1

I get this error whene exit. New install not help.

[link removed per Community Guidelines]

• Script error upon exit of teamviewer 14 edge

• PeterWorks
    PeterWorks Posts: 5 ✭✭

This problem has occurred a couple of times in the past. I don't think it is version specific.

Capture02-04-2019-11.11.31.jpg

• Yevheniia
    Yevheniia Posts: 1

TeamViewerError.PNG

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Yevheniia 

What is the default internet browser you are using to your computer? Could you please switch it to some other like Chrome or Mozilla?

Then see if that continues to appear.

Best regards

• oldmo
    oldmo Posts: 3

Since installing the newest version on ALL of my systems, I get the following when I exit teamviewer:

Annotation 2020-08-28 074939.png

• I'm italian i have the following problem when I close Team viewer I get an error of a script
    errore nello script della pagina
    linea 0
    carattere 0
    errore script error
    codice 0
    url :https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-T9RD3NN
    continuare con lo script della pagina
    io scelgo no e lui va avanti
    Could give me an advice to solve the problem . I have already uninstalled e
    reinstalled Team viewer . Thank you Stefano

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @stefano_0,

maybe this is a problem related to the permissions granted to your client: for some addresses the consultation could be inhibited due to a policy applied by you or by the structure that regulates your connectivity (the company you work for... for example).

You can check exactly what happens by activating a traffic analyzer (eg.Fiddler):  probably you'll find a call to an address that is not allowed to you.

Let me know if you can retrieve further details.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,972 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @oldmo

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Could you please let us know which OS, which browser and which TeamViewer version you are using on your computer?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• I have (4) systems exhibiting this behaiour.  All are running W10 home.  # are running V2004, and one is running V1909.  All but one system have the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge installed.  One system running V2004 only has the latest version of Edge installed.  All 4 systems are running Teamviewer version 15.9.4 date 08/19/2020.

• Im having same issues on newly reimaged system. HP laptop running Win 10 Home Ver 1903

MS Edge browser ver 85.0.564.44 and TV version 15.9.4

• I have the same problem which is quite annoying since I wanted to make a demo to our Boss in order to get a budget for the Paid version in our school...

• @greekgeek66 

FIY I found a fix to it, google your problem and you will normally find a forum explaining how to modify your Registry to remove the session altogether and at the same time the bug.

Note to TeamViewer Staff: Forcing your prospective clients that wants to test and demo your product before purchase to edit the Registry is really not a good start.

• Windows 10 pro

Google Chrome v.85.0.4183.83

Teamviewer Free v. 15.9.4

Everytime I close Teamviewer I get a box that comes up telling me about a script errorCapture.PNG

• Hi, I just installed TeamViewer today on my desktop and on my daughter's laptop before she goes off to university so I can help with remote maintenance. On her laptop running Windows 10 I am getting a script error on exiting TeamViewer 15...it seems to be trying to open IE 11, which I dont think is even activated on this brand new laptop as it has Microsoft Edge, to link to an advert for Team Viewer. A quick google search shows this has been a repeated problem for many previous versions of TeamViewer and I can't see any solution posted. Does anyone know how I might fix this? 

Many thanks

• sumner42
    sumner42 Posts: 3 ✭✭

OS is Windows 10 Home

Browser is usually Firefox but might've been MS-Edge

Thought this was occurring inside the TeamViewer App, so browser shouldn't matter, except the error message sounds like it's coming from a browser.

• 2WOOFS
    2WOOFS Posts: 1

@GonzagueGB 

Same issue here.

Unable to find link to registry fix.  A little more info would be VERY helpful.

• sumner42

Update 9/10/2020: New download today appears to fix both problems.

Original post: Worse than the script error while exiting, is the corrupted installation that occurred yesterday 9/9/2020, while trying to help my brother with his new laptop running Windows 10 Home. He downloaded the latest installation file. When TeamViewer started, the window contents were messed up, is the best technical description I can provide. Then when he quit, the script error also occurred. The TeamViewer window contents are completely corrupted after installation. The software is unusable.The TeamViewer window contents are completely corrupted after installation. The software is unusable.Then when closing the window, the script error we've been discussing here also occurs.Then when closing the window, the script error we've been discussing here also occurs.

• sumner42

Update 9/10/2020: New download today appears to fix the problem.

Original post: People have been reporting a script error when exiting TeamViewer on Windows systems. Worse than the script error while exiting, is the corrupted installation that occurred yesterday 9/9/2020, while trying to help my brother with his new laptop running Windows 10 Home. He downloaded the latest installation file. When TeamViewer started, the window contents were all messed up, is the best technical description I can provide (image attached). Then when he quit, the script error also occurred. Totally unreadable and unusable window after TeamViewer startsTotally unreadable and unusable window after TeamViewer startsAfter exiting, the frequently discussed script error occurred.After exiting, the frequently discussed script error occurred.Totally unreadable and unusable window after TeamViewer startsTotally unreadable and unusable window after TeamViewer starts

• I just installed the latest version of Teamviewer today (Sept 13, 2020) and I have the script error on exit.  I am using Win 10 Home edition with the "New" Microsoft Edge.

Would appreciate any suggestions.