can't hear sound from Mac

The check box of "computer make sound" thing is grey/uncheckable on my Mac High Sierra(Version 10.13.4(17E202)). So i can't hear any sound from my Mac(different location). but i can hear sound from Mac through discord.

Everything works fine for Mac controlling PC.

Comments

• techmind
    techmind Posts: 1

Do you have the latest version of TeamViewer on both sides? Check if not then update.

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi gta0814

Unfortunately, the ability to hear remote sound is only available when connecting to Windows operating systems Win 7 and higher.

Due the the way Audio drivers work on Mac, we don't have the ability to capture the sound sorry.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • I came here hoping that TeamViewer could finally do sound from a Mac so I can delete my other remote access app and only use TeamViewer. There are so many apps that can capture the sound why can't TeamViewer?

• rconnell22
    rconnell22 Posts: 1

I can't hear far end computer who I am connected to and is hosting content, they have a new MAC and I have a Dell

Any ideas what is wrong?

• lieudang
    lieudang Posts: 1

How can I hear sound when remote from Lenovo I3 to MAC Mojave? I can't reach any sound throught teamviewer.