bug: ctrl + any key types the key repeatedly

i connect from ubuntu to a remote ubuntu, and when I'm connected, when using the CTRL it just types it repeatedly. (team viewer 13.0.6634, and both Ubuntu 16.04)

for examle:

CTRL+c will output in the terminal "ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc"

it makes it really hard to work on a linux terminal as CTRL is oftenly used.

Comments

• lg2
    lg2 Posts: 2

team viewer support please :)

• *bump*

Experiencing this as well. Super annoying.

• mwolf
    mwolf Posts: 4

same to me here on archlinux plasma...waiting for a new tv13 release with file transfer

• JLC
    JLC Posts: 2

Happening here too - *really* annoying

Linux->Linux 

• Also here,

happens on all my 3 ubuntu desktops.

Will you fix it already???

• heka
    heka Posts: 1
    Same here... no reply from support so I guess I'll just try some other RDS
  • Meserias
    Meserias Posts: 1
    Also, I could not find a way to send Alt+E or Alt+S to remote connected station in KDE plasma.... this was not happening before this version for Linux. Please update or provide workaround fro this.
  • jferrando
    jferrando Posts: 1

using enterprise version.

the same happeng to me.

really **UNPRODUCTIVE** **ANNOYING**

• Me too. Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04. 

Client becomes unoperable, with any attempt to do anything resulting in "ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc"

It also inteferes with mouse-clicks, e.g. if you click an application on the taskbar to get the context menu, suddly the interface receives "cccc" whihc aligns to "Close" and the app dissappears.

This is a serious problem which results in data loss.

• Same problem here. I got it after updating to version 13, it was fine when I used version 12. I still have the problem even after updating to the most recent version (13.1.8286). My computers are both Linux Mint 18.2 and 18.

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Hi guys,

I apologize for the inconvenience. This thread came to my attention (again?) just a few days ago, which was too late to fix it for the current update: June update.
    But we put it on the list for the next release.

It seems that it only happens on some machines (does not happen on this developers machine...) and we have to figure out why. It might also be a combination of the local and remote machine.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • mozo
    mozo Posts: 28 ✭✭

I tried it on many machines and the problem is always there. I tried it with Arch and Linux Mint, connecting to many Linux Mint and Windows machines. I don't know why you doesn't experience it...

• mwildam
    mwildam Posts: 16
    Yes, I also have it on all machines! But interestingly: CTRL+INSERT and SHIFT+INSERT seams to work (at least in current release). In most cases I connect from Ubuntu to Windows and there it always happens if on local and remote site TeamViewer 13 is used. This really drives me crazy! Continuously I delete text when I simply select a word and press CTRL+F to search or when copying and pasting.
  • DanielStm

I could only reproduce it if I release the Ctrl key before the other (which usually I never do, out of habit). Maybe you have a different habit for INSERT than for the "normal" keys?

So, until it is fixed, maybe it helps a few of you to make sure the Ctrl-key is released after the other key.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • mwildam
    Hi, I tried to pay attention on that, but in my case as soon as I press the C-Key, the selected text gets replaced with the c character. So no chance here!
  • mwildam

Interestingly CTRL+INS and SHIFT+INS works.

I am on a german keyboard - could this make a difference?

• DanielStm

@mwildam wrote:

I am on a german keyboard - could this make a difference?

So am I. :robotwink:
    No, no difference, but thanks for the input.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • I'm using a Spanish keyboard and I am connecting to machines with US English keyboards.

This issue with Shift / Control Keys only started happening for me a few weeks ago. Prior to that I cannot recall this problem happening and I would connect with Teamviewer most days. So it could be related to an update. I have no idea when Teamviewer was last updated but I install Ubuntu updates every day or two.

• mwildam

I have the problem since install of TeamViewer 13 and it never went away.

• @daniel if it is possible could you keep us in the loop regarding progress on this bug. One of the things that has really annoyed me with Teamviewer 13 is the way features were rolled out to linux users without being full transparent about the watered-down limitations. It would be a nice change for developers to keep us informed so we feel like progress is being made. This bug is so frustrating for some of us that I am close to abandoning TV13.
  • ATTN Devs: any progress identifying the cause yet? Any progress fixing it? Any workarounds?

• I revert back to TeamViewer 12 for now,that version is the most recent one that works well for me.
  • kkog
    kkog Posts: 2 ✭✭

Will you solve this annoying problem or should we find another remote controller???

• mozo

This is really annoyng bug and it will be great to receive some info about the fixing progress or some feedback from the developer. To remain silent isn't a wise strategy in this case.

• kkog
    kkog Posts: 2 ✭✭

And stuff is apparently not taking this issue very seriously. They are saying things like release ctrl before pressing keys. What is this? Instead of educating us on how to use the keyboard, solve this stupid problem!

• mozo

And this solution does not work for me at all :)

• DanielStm

@kkog, @mozo: Actually we are actively working on this, but I have been reluctant to say it'll be fixed with the next update, as I'm trying to make sure it is actually fixed.
    This bug is pretty nasty, as it does not always occur for everybody, so when we thought it's fixed (because it no longer seems to appear), we were not 100% sure.
    Also, I did not try to educate anybody, I tried to figure out whether certain usage patterns trigger the bug.

Meanwhile, I sent a test build to affected people to get verification. First replies sound promising, no faulty behavior reported back. So I'm cautiously optimistic it's fixed.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • mozo

Nobody urges you Daniel. The feedback and the lack of information are the missing parts. Thank you for your reply :)

• mwildam

Sorry for the delay - I was away and under stress - I made further tests (that also required a lot more effort):

Completely new machine, Latest Ubuntu 18.04 and Teamviewer 13 at local and remote: CTRL+C, CTRL+V and other combinations do work now.
    Having other machine with older Ubuntu and TeamViewer 13 on both sides does not help - has the issue. Connecting from the new machine to the older (Ubuntu 14.04) with both TeamViewer 13 it works (although I did not expect that). From new machine with Ubuntu 18.04 to remote Windows machine with TeamViewer 13 on both sides works while from the Ubuntu 14.04 to the same remote Windows machine both TeamViewer 13 has the issue.