Create Custom Quick Support Version 6

incognito
incognito Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

I rebranded some things with my company and need to edit my quicksupport. Every time I try to create a quicksupport from the website, it does not work with the older version of teamviewer. 

How do we create branded quicksupport for our older versions of teamviewer. I tried to follow this link, but it did not work: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/customdesign.aspx?version=6

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Incognito!

Good question.

In this case, I believe you don't have your licence assigned to your account (Even business licences can be assigned to an account). So there are 2 ways to make a custom module in an older version.

-OPTION 1- Add a licence to your account
    To add a licence to your account, please log into TeamViewer then click the profile name at the top of the computers and contacts list > Edit Profile > Activate licence. This will open a browser. Click "legacy activation" in the bottom left of the dialog that opens and enter the key.

Now, when you create a new QuickSupport or Host, this will be made in the LATEST version assigned to your account.

-OPTION 2- Make a standard module Custom
    All TeamViewer modules now do not include customisations in the file itself. All customisations are collected from the file name (This is why they cannot be renamed). This is using a "Smart Naming System"

When you create a custom module, there is a "Configuration ID" Shown under "Edit" in the management console. If you add this to any module, it will become a custom module.

Example:

QS IDC done.pngFind the Configuration ID under "Edit" as seen on the left.

Change the filename of your module to include "-idc" Followed by your configuration ID. For instance "QuickSupport_Setup.exe" becomes "QuickSupport_Setup-idcabcd1234.exe"

Your module is now custom when run.

What is before the "-idc" is not important. you can make this what you like.

I hope this helps!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • incognito

When I attempt to add my old licenses to my account it fails. Says license is not valid, but it is.

• incognito

To be more specific. I create a custom quick support and then save it. It asks me to purchase a license or activate license. I click "activate license". It then has a new window with the option "Legacy License Key Activation" at the bottom left. I click that and then input my teamviewer 6 key. I click "upgrade and log out", it then says "The entered license is invalid".

• incognito

Just so everyone knows.

I called TeamViewer Support. Because they have not responded to my support tickets.  Apparently they don't allow custom design for anything before version 9. They also pulled any direct easy links to old versions (version 9 and older) for non-branded use.  All of this seems like a push to force people to newer versions. I have spent over $1,700 on older versions of teamviewer with the promise of them being usable well into the future.

With other companies I would have spent $2800 (by now with subscription) for the same license count I need and software that is always up to date in a subscription. I would also not have to deal with version differences. At this point, if I buy new licenses with teamviewer, I will be well over $3,400.

I recommend going elsewhere if you don't want to get pushed out. Very frustrating.

• NRE
    NRE Posts: 1

Hi,

Good to know it changed.

Unfortunately, it is regressive and incompatible with our deployed software in wich executable name is hardcoded...

• jerad
    jerad Posts: 1

according to what you wrote below the latest version assigned to an account is what will be created however the latest version assigned to my account is version 8 and when i create a new custom QS the version is 13.  how can i make one for version 8?  thank you.

@Scotty wrote:

Hi Incognito!

Good question.

In this case, I believe you don't have your licence assigned to your account (Even business licences can be assigned to an account). So there are 2 ways to make a custom module in an older version.

-OPTION 1- Add a licence to your account
    To add a licence to your account, please log into TeamViewer then click the profile name at the top of the computers and contacts list > Edit Profile > Activate licence. This will open a browser. Click "legacy activation" in the bottom left of the dialog that opens and enter the key.

Now, when you create a new QuickSupport or Host, this will be made in the LATEST version assigned to your account.

-OPTION 2- Make a standard module Custom
    All TeamViewer modules now do not include customisations in the file itself. All customisations are collected from the file name (This is why they cannot be renamed). This is using a "Smart Naming System"

When you create a custom module, there is a "Configuration ID" Shown under "Edit" in the management console. If you add this to any module, it will become a custom module.

Example:

QS IDC done.pngFind the Configuration ID under "Edit" as seen on the left.

Change the filename of your module to include "-idc" Followed by your configuration ID. For instance "QuickSupport_Setup.exe" becomes "QuickSupport_Setup-idcabcd1234.exe"

Your module is now custom when run.

What is before the "-idc" is not important. you can make this what you like.

I hope this helps!

-Scotty

• Alexo
    Alexo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

This completely **bleep**, an advertised feature has now been stripped from our license and we cannot create any new custom designs.