Connect to the host, but only see black screen

Answers

• connected to the host, but Showing only black screenconnected to the host, but Showing only black screen

Iam running windows 10, and installed TV version 13. I tried install the solution provided, however its still does not work for me. Meanwhile, if I install older version such as TV 7, it works fine. But it would be give the problem as well if the host TV has a higher version. Does anyone knows the soluton? Thanks I appreciate it

• waqy
    waqy Posts: 1
    Having the exact same issue as you!

Using version 13.1.3629
  • Behemot
    Behemot Posts: 4

As my previous P4 computer (865PE, GF 4) finally gave up, it was replaced with slightly newer one (Pentium D, 945G with HD 2400 XT) and now it works.

So I think this confirms what I thought, since the said version, this thing requires certain DirectX/OpenGL technologies for acceleration which old graphics lack (or you may lack SW support, like under Linux) so it does not work. I guess that in most cases you people have some obsolete graphics (though could still be good enough to draw desktop) while the development team is unable to specify minimum HW requirements and lie in telling it works everywhere. Though it is not surprising, they lie in so many things (like this **bleep** about comercial usage which pops at some of my computers stating I have only 5 minutes for connection - to ALWAYS disconnect me in 52-56 seconds!).

• Skimanner
    Skimanner Posts: 2

I have 6 pc’s all running newest version of TV i would assume since they where all installed in last 2 weeks.  I login to them from my ipad which has newest version and 1-2 of them always have a black screen with the mouse pointer.  The only fix i have found is sending the ctrl alt delete command and then waiting like 5-10min to connect again.  Aometimes when i reconnect ctrl alt del blue screen menu is open and sometimes its not but either way i usually have a screen thats working.  I would say it works 75% of the time after 10minutes weather I use ctrl alt del or not but using ctrl alt del seems to give it a slightly better chance of working after 10 minutes.  Rebooting always solves it too but i dont wanna reboot computers all the time lol.  Every computer has either a 1060, 1080 or 1080ti.  Pretty sure every computer randomly encounters the black screen, all running windows 10

• The reason of the black screen issue might be a video being played on the additional display (client side).
  • Skimanner
    Skimanner Posts: 2

@GCRaistlin wrote:
    The reason of the black screen issue might be a video being played on the additional display (client side).

I have only 1 program running on any of the computers which is not video and none of the computers have a monitor connected

• > none of the computers have a monitor connected
    "Client side" means the computer you're connecting from. I doubt that you're connecting from the computer that hasn't a monitor connected.
  • DLR56
    DLR56 Posts: 1

Hi, I have the same problem connecting from my iPad to my PC running windows 7 pro 64. My PC screen backgound turn black, I am prompted to grant access to the ipad and on the ipad I get the connecting to partner with the wheel going on for ever. I have this with version 12 and 13. 

• SSMCPA
    SSMCPA Posts: 7
    Spoiler
    If you have Duet installed then that is your problem.  Uninstall it and reboot.  See the discussion under:
    Black screen after updating to Winver 1803  
  • This solved the problem for me. I uninstalled Duet Display, rebooted, and then my Teamviewer is back to normal. Thanks for the great suggestion!

• Hi Julia,

I am having the same problem between my PC and Mac that sit in France, and a Mac that sits in the US and that was just updated to v13. Is there a seafile link for us that might do the same trick as for those guys last year?

Thanks in advance,

Kai (schaper.kai@gmail.com)

• SSMCPA
    SSMCPA Posts: 7

If you have Duet installed then that is your problem.  Uninstall it and reboot.

• I don't have Duet as far as I can see in my list in the control panel.

Kai

• Is there any fix for this for people using TeamViewer 13?

@Julia wrote:

Hi Orcus,

Please install the version from the following link on both sides and try it again:

• LGuy
    LGuy Posts: 1

Mac user chiming in. Have had the same problem (recently)  on an iMacPro with 2 peripheral monitors. I keep the machine running but put the monitors to sleep via: System Prefs>Desktop/Screen Saver>Hot Corners> Put Display to Sleep. Now I too get the black screen log in issue, whereas befotre it was fine. It only happens when the monitor is alseep vs on screen saver. I have to use this option as the iMacPro does not have a sepaarte power button for the display of  this all-in-one unit. Any fixes or work arounds for me? Using V13 on Desktop and iPhone currently.

• Hi there,

I don't know why I had a black screen, and I don't know why it has been replaced in the meantime by a locked screen. How to work around that one: I "lock" the Mac, which interrupts the connection obviously. After reconnecting to the Mac I get the login screen, I log in with the pass word, and everything works fine from there.

Kai

• I don't see a link, could you add it again?

• I have the same problem. Both Macs running 13.2.14328. Used to work fine but now only black screen and I can't see any way of fixing it. I have a signficant (for me!) invoice waiting for payment for business use of TeamViewer but see no point in paying it if this product no longer works in the way I need it.

• vr_driver
    vr_driver Posts: 9 ✭✭

Ditto. I'm another Mac user. I have 2 screens on my MacPro running the latest version. It shows a black screen when I try and connect remotely from any other account device.

Interestingly, when I try and connect via VNC, I get the same result. Something is broken somehow...

• I cannot see any link in yourt post
  • Where is the Link.?!!!
  • Same issue, but I am using the Windows App Store version of TeamViewer, version 14.100

I am able to connect to other PCs/Servers with far different versions than the app, a couple as low as version 7.  I have installed the latest version of TV on a PC in unattended access mode and can't see the screen.  It has the same settings as all the other machines we've set up the UA modes and it is the ONLY machine that shows a black screen upon connecting.

There is one saving grace, though - a user has to login through RDP to the server and THEN my TV screen shows the PC's desktop.  Once the user logs out, then my screen goes black again. 

Again, this is the only PC doing this with unattended access in which I get a black screen upon connecting.

• I can't see the link in the solution! -_-

• >established a second connection to the same client

This worked for me too.

First connection was with a chrome ap, second with the desktop ap and it worked fine.

• Can you post the Link
  • What version? I have the same problem, only the HOST laptop has WIN7 and i am connecting from WIN 10. But when i try to connect to the other WIN7 it connects just fine. Maybe there are some settings on that laptop that i need to change? Tried many things, but not yet find any solution. PLease help.

• Luisja27
    Luisja27 Posts: 1

I have also the same problem with Teamviewer 14.2 in Mac OS and Ubuntu. I paid a Teamviewer license and anyones is helping!!

• SSD
    SSD Posts: 3

I have this same problem using TeamViewer 14 for Debian/Ubuntu on both sides.

I connect, I authenticate I get a blank/black screen.  Sometimes if I ssh into the server and re-start the teamviewerd process it comes up but we need it to come up on boot.

• yzhu
    yzhu Posts: 2

A very, very strange solution that works for me: first connect to your remote host, then after observing the black screen, switch the current user account of your client (you can achieve that by using ctrl+alt+del and then selecting the "switch user" option), finally, login back. You'll see TeamViewer works as expected now. 

I'm using Win10 1903, the remote is running on Win10 1809. TeamViewer version is 13.2.36215.

• yzhu
    yzhu Posts: 2

@yzhu wrote:

A very, very strange solution that works for me: first connect to your remote host, then after observing the black screen, switch the current user account of your client (you can achieve that by using ctrl+alt+del and then selecting the "switch user" option), finally, login back. You'll see TeamViewer works as expected now. 

I'm using Win10 1903, the remote is running on Win10 1809. TeamViewer version is 13.2.36215.

actually you don't even need to switch user, when prompted by the option screen after pressing ctrl+alt+del, do nothing, just select "cancel" and you'll see TV works again. Very weird.