How do I install Blizz for all users.

RobHartYYZ
RobHartYYZ Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

Hi,

When I install Blizz, it installs into the logged in user's AppData folder and not the Program Files folder. It's installed into:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blizz

When I log out and another user logs in, they cannot see Blizz like this. Every user has to install it again. 

Is there a way to install Blizz so that any logged in user can access it?

Can I move the Blizz folder to C:\Program Files

Thanks

Rob

Best Answer

Answers

• So what was the solution here? I have the same problem. And how to place the shortcut on desktop for all the users?

Thank you

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Mileagainst,

Thank you for your reply.

My previous reply to the original poster is the solution for installation for all users; as the installation goes to the roaming AppData folder (to allow even standard users to download and use the Blizz meeting software), you would need to re-direct the installation to the desired location.

Creating a desktop shortcut would need to be done by clicking the application icon after installation, and selecting 'create shortcut'.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Yeah, but then the desktop shortcut has to be created for every single user manually, is there a way to have it for all users? 

• Jaquie
    Jaquie Posts: 93

Dear @Mileagainst

The mass deployment for Blizz is not yet available. This is something that we are still working on. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers, 

Jaquie 

• philway
    philway Posts: 1

Hi Jaquie, the last post was almost two years ago. Is there still no process of rolling out the software in bulk?

• Falk
    Falk Posts: 1

Hallo JoshP,

automatic update does not take care off existing /installdir ! It always installs in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blizz

How to disable update or change this ?