Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Preklek
    Preklek Posts: 3

Being accused of something I never did got me so mad I switched to **Third Party Product**

• killrob
    killrob Posts: 1

Same issue here.... suddenly TW team thinks i use it for commercial purpose.... is very frustrating. And now they don't answer to private users, they send us here in the community where no one of the TW team read posts of complain about them...

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Oh they read the posts. They censor any post that mentions alternatives to their software.
  • Preklek
    Preklek Posts: 3
    Dear TeamViewer : you just ruined your society your last chance is to remove all the last commercial detections which happened this month, otherwise you'll lose thousands of people because there are a lot of alternatives which don't tell us lie to remove our free licence... And it makes you look quite unprofessional you'd better solve that issue quickly.
  • Bogmore
    Bogmore Posts: 8

I've changed to another I won't mention, TeamViewer are now in my black books and I will inform anyone who asks me that their support is rubbish, I will even go as far as to say, their support for professional is just as bad.

It's now been well over a month and a half. They sent a email saying it was fixed when it wasn't.

• waces
    waces Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Which is against their modus moderandi. I read through the forum guidelines by tv and no word about mentioning other _working_ solutions
  • waces
    Same here. Ticket opened on the 9th of june. Yesterday received a mail about the fix. Tested on all three machines and 2 was fixes. One still not.
    Also, they "forgot" to provide the proof of commercial use (obviously as they cannot prove it as they just simply select the free users and ban them without any evidence. Friend of mine got banned on an account was not in used in the last months at all)
    Amateurs.. amateurs everywhere
  • yaliyada
    yaliyada Posts: 1

Having the same problem and now TV13 is threatening me with account suspension.

No longer able to access home computer from work to pay bill. No access to my parent's computer to play youtube (yes, they don't know how to type Chinese on keyboard). No more home PC to home PC.

This action is quite unprofessional.

• Drekko
    Drekko Posts: 2

Same problem here

Been using it on the same computers for years and now they keep blocking my connections and kicking me out

Im really a bit fed up and I am going to call them

Glad I am not the only one

• etyien
    etyien Posts: 1

Hi.

My problem is same. One years ago the support team switched back personally usage, but now don't want to make nothing.This is business and they want to buy this. It is not correct.

They say it is free for not commercial users, but the program kicking out, and this want to make that buy license.. I will use other platform and other program to help my family, and friends.

• waces

Yes, they are removing posts and banning users (mine will be banned soon as per the notes from the moderators - obviously I cannot quote them as it lead to banning). 

I'll move the whole thread including the messages from the mods to my blog and repost it to reddit. We won't get any valid answer from here just sharing the same experiences (as the mods said it's not helping each other).

It was a pleasure to be here and hope your issues will be fixed soon.

Just one more thing I learned in the hard way. If you opened a ticket then wait patiently as each and every mail you sent about the ticket (eg: replying the original mail) will lead to drop the ticket in the bottom of the queue (as per the wise words from one of the cool mods)

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Everyone.

Firstly, the moderation team are NOT editing posts or banning users just because they are discussing the Commercial use detection topic.

If we were, this thread would not exist. The moderation team DO edit posts and ban users (after warnings) if the community guidelines are not followed. This is true in all areas of the community, not just this one thread.

However, as much as we understand users frustration, the moderation team cannot assist you with this issue, you must fill in the form and wait. We are now aiming to resolve all cases within 7 days.

@waces, Thank you for your engagement in this thread, but as already said via PM: Please keep in mind to stick to the community guidelines whether or not you decide to agree with them. Thank you for your understanding.

Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • bazbsg
    Dear Scotty, My personal use license was restored after waiting 33 days and gently reminding your people that the 30 days promised had passed. Since it has been fixed, every time I try to access my mom's PC, I get a password not correct error. i have to wait for her to be awake (12 hour timezone difference) and try to connect waiting for her to accept the connection. then i open teamviewer on her side and see the password has indeed been changed. I know she is not doing it. she is 85 years old and has trouble double clicking, let alone setting settings in a program she is not even aware of. is this password change part of what's going on here with the tougher control of free users? could there be some other reason that I could look into? Btw, we are both retired so there is no commercial use between us or within my own set of PCs. Thanks, Bill
  • I use Teamviewer on avereage once a week to help family or friends.

Sometimes I do not use it for weeks, and that's supposed to be a commercial use?

I hope that soon a solution will be found that I can use TeamViewer again, at least I will not pay 30.-€ per Month to use it 2 or 3 times........

• Dustin_B
    Dustin_B Posts: 22 [Former Staff]
    Hi Bill,
    according to your discription it looks like you are using the random password shown below your moms TeamViewer ID. Please make use of the permanent password that you can enter into the TeamViewer options on your moms PC.
    Extras–Options–Security.
    Please make sure the password you enter into her options, then matches the password you might have entered into the details of her device within your Computer and Contact list.
    Dustin
  • sippi
    sippi Posts: 2

Several family members I know have started getting the message about commerical usage this week. When I thought it was just me I called sales and they told me to submit a review form. I am now beginning to think there may be problem with the TeamViewer system sending this messages. Uunfortunately, it is improssible for a free user to get to tech support. I really appreciate using TeamViewer but I truly sense a system issue. - Jim H

• bazbsg

Hi Dustin. Hmm, before I was flagged as commercial, i was able to access my mom's PC any time just by double clicking. But still, I'll give your idea a try next time I access her PC to see if it stablizes. Thanks, Bill

• MJM
    MJM Posts: 2

I think the problem is Team Viewer themselves.  When I connected today a message came up saying I am connecting from a business network and so I need to upgrade to professional version.  I believe they kick you off after 60 seconds to drive you crazy and to buy the professional version. Well that ain't happening.  I use it from work to connect to my home computer. That is PERSONAL use not business. Bye-Bye Team Viewer.

• andreas_f
    andreas_f Posts: 4

The alleging popup came up here as well, not nice (very politely).

TV's commercial definition does not describe what these guys are complaining about - at least in my case:

checking  private emails on my private PC at my living home, during lunch break from another PC in the company I am working for => this is not defined or rated as commercial use in the section 'What is commercisal use'.

Some facts: no own business, no home office, no payment for any PC related work, nothing like that. What I do in private use, helping my mother, spouse and my mother in law, playing with computers as Thinkpad-Geek, period.

And the worst: ALL connections to acces from one of my exclusively private Thinkpad to my private desktop-PC does not run any longer! 

I opened multiple tickets and explained in detail usage and asking for proof, there are still 3 weeks to wait until TV will have answered them (hopefully/probably).

This is getting out of control, thanks TeamViewer. This is not the way to built up trust.

• andreas_f
    andreas_f Posts: 4
    Wel, that **bleep** was explained to me on the phone today. Nothing like that was given in their rules for usage, not by any means. I think this being a trial to drive free users in a pay-version. In my case, ALL my private PC's do not link any longer, not in any configuration. so my wife with her Asus cannot help her mother in 700km distance... Great move Teamviewer
  • Duckabush
    Duckabush Posts: 1

Same boat as everyone else.

My company uses Teamviewer and all our Desktops/Laptops/Tablets and phones have it installed. We have one IT person, I use my copy of teamviewer to connect to my desktop at home from work, or from one computer to another to help friends/family. Now suddenly i get messages saying I am using it commericially? Not 1 computer I connect from my laptop or desktop is "work related". My work laptop gets connected to by our IT department when there are issues that need fixing/installs etc.

• vladv
    vladv Posts: 1
    Hi!
    I have recently changed my SSD Hard drive with a new bigger one. I went on a clone procedure.
    Eventually i get an error saying i'm using Team Viewer in commercial environments but it is not the case.
    How can i change now the Team Viewer ID, as it is a new Hard Drive (Windows 10)?
  • I just read a little about the 3 hr limitation. If TV is so worried about money, why don't you create a small personal plan for like 1€ / month, 10€ / year for people wo use it more often but clearly not commercially? Increase the hours / month or whatever and fix your algorithms.

I mean, if a software is good, I'd think about supporting it when the fee is within my personal budget. For personal use the pricing plans are just too expensive.

On the other hand... Just mess with the users. Especially with developers. There might come up new products then that might be better....

• Why don't you [comment removed per Community Guidelines]

If I need IT support and they ask me to install TV for support session, I'll refuse. [comment removed per Community Guidelines]
    If everyone does it, like this, they maybe take better care of the private user. Now the are just ignoring us. The are flying to high!

Dear TV Team, remeber, the higher you rise, the harder you fall.

• Agree - TeamViewer think it will make me a buy a license for a product I'm using for personal use only.  It actually had the opposite effect and turned me on to other products which I'm quite happy with.

If TeamViewer licensing costs were more reasonable I'd consider paying for a personal license but they don't provide a personal use option.

Alex

• Jbib
    Jbib Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Hello,
    Detection conditions for commercial use have been strengthened.
    If you are using Teamviewer for personal and private use, please apply for a recovery for personal use here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/
    It takes between 20 to 30 days for a recovery of the account if the analysis shows that your activity is personal and private.
    jbib
  • Jbib
    Jbib Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Hello,
    Detection conditions for commercial use have been strengthened.
    If you are using Teamviewer for personal and private use, please apply for a recovery for personal use here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/
    It takes between 20 to 30 days for a recovery of the account if the analysis shows that your activity is personal and private.
    jbib
  • Bogmore
    Bogmore Posts: 8

"Detection conditions for commercial use have been strengthened."

Strengthened so much that the vast majority of Home users are being detected as Business users falsely.  I've already moved to another free product as it works even better than TV.

After two attempts, the second one still pending it still isn't fixed for me.  I take it replying to the "fixed it for you" email  when it still isn't working is the right thing to do.