TeamViewer 13 Client Will Not Let me Sign In

RYACOM
RYACOM Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

The Email and Password field are grayed out.  I've tried reinstalling the software and I've rebooted my computer multiple times.  I even downloaded the client again.... I need some help to figure this one out.  The client was working fine for a long time.  This started a few days ago.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi,

I have the same issue since wenesday... Did you get a solution ?

• kimenemark
    kimenemark Posts: 11

I have the exact same issue since friday where I updated my version 13 to latest build!!!

• RYACOM

Nope.  Nothin' so far.

• kimenemark

Sorry for your problems mate... I'm a paying customer... would kind of annoy me if non-paying users would get help before me ;)

You get annoying messages... My teamviewer don't work at all... a little different issue I think?

Hope to get help sooner than later... I would consider spending my money elsewhere if not :)

• kimenemark

Any of you using Hyper-V on the PC's with this problem?

I got so desperate that I tried to find a solution myself.

In my case I tracked it down to an issue with my Hyper-V setup on my notebook (still not sure what exactly... propably somehow the Virtual Switch setup).

If I disable Hyper-V on the PC and reboot then I can suddenly login to the desktop TeamViewer program with my credentials and see all my clients.

After that, I enabled the Hyper-V setup and rebooted again and TeamViewer still works.

Hopefully this helps others in similar situations... and perhaps support can use it as well ;)

• I was able to find a work around (which renders the desktop app pointless) is to log in inside a browser, then "Connect" to the computer that I'm on. This will log me into the desktop app so I can then use the app. This started Friday when I got a new computer at work. My old one was running Windows 7, this one is running Win 10. 

• kimenemark

I tried that as well (also running Windows 10) but it didn't work for me... the 2 fields (username/password) was both greyed and not editable in TeamViewer desktop program!

• I confirm that HYPER V seems to be the origin of my troubles...

Uninstalling Hyper V allows me to use Teamviever and log in...

But now if i want to use Hyper V and Teamvier... do not really know how to make them work side-by-side...

• I have no idea why this workaround works. 

• kimenemark

After login both works side by side for me... if I log out of TeamViewer I'm sure I will have to do it all over again... haven't tried but will try to track problem further once I get more time... hopefully in a couple of days... if not support beats me to it ;)

Have a nice day :)

• RYACOM

I was actually going to ask the same question.  I also am using Hyper-V.  I have to use it though, and disabling/removing and re-enabling isn't something I can do on this machine.  There are production VMs on it.

I am a paying customer, too.  I'm going to find a number and call in to see if we can get this resolved.  I had a pretty strong feeling that was the culprit.  I had a similar issue with the Microsoft Store and Minecraft of all things.  Something to do with the Virtual Switch was making it unable to authenticate to the store while ingame.  It also wouldn't let me see purchases within the store that is ingame.  They eventually patched it and it's fixed.

Wish me luck.

• RYACOM

Do you mean remove it as a Windows Feature, reboot, sign in to TeamViewer then add it back?  Will all of my settings for my VMs still be there?

• kimenemark
    Yep... thats what I mean... your settings will not be affected. However... I shut all my VM's down before I disabled the Hyper-V feature... just in case ;-)
  • RYACOM

Yep, this worked.  I thought about doing it before but I was concerned I'd have to set up all my VMs again.  Thanks, @kimenemark!

• VBScab
    VBScab Posts: 2

I can confirm that doing this dance fixes the problem. Truly bizarre...

• Hi guys... as promised... I have done some more testing and reported my findings to support.

When I'm running with Hyper-V disabled I have absolutely no issues.

If I start Hyper-V service (and reboot PC) I also have no problems but as soon as I start one of my VM's (they don't start automaticly) I'm not able to use TeamViewer... It just won't log me into my account (desktop program).

As soon as I disable Hyper-V service (and reboot PC) again TeamViewer works again.

So I think my reasoning in one of my earlier posts were right... it's somehow the Hyper-V switch thats the issue.

I have collected info for the support team in the 3 stages so I hope they will be abe to fix the issue.

• RYACOM

I also need to give a little extra detail into my experience with this, a week or more after the suggestion to remove the Hyper-V feature and add it back.

On Monday I was going to open a VM to test a script and noticed that all of my VMs were off.  This is not normal.  After a little bit of investigation I realized that my virtual switch had been wiped.  All of my custom virtual networks were gone.  Whenever I tried to start my VMs they failed with a pretty ambiguous error.  I had to remove all of the network adapters from all of my VMs, remove the Hyper-V feature (two reboots),  add it back (two reboots), and uncheck the "Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" option each physical adapter before I could recreate the virtual switches and attach them to the physical adapters.  Just a heads up for anyone who tries the "Remove the Hyper-V" suggestion. 

Just to be clear, the suggestion did work.  I am still able to get into TeamViewer and connect to my clients now, and I have rebooted and still am able to log in.  My VMs are up and working. I just didn't know that it was going to do that.

Make sure to plan an outage of at least 45 minutes if  you're going to attempt this, more or less depending on the amount of virtual networks and VMs/adapters you have.

• Sorry for your troubles regarding my suggestion. I had testet it thoroughly on my own system before I wrote the fix and I had absolutely no problems and still don't when I test (have testet several times to help support). Perhaps your setup is more complicated than mine.

Anyways... when changing anything in a critical production Hyper-V/VM environment it's quite important to take messures to be able to recover from failure.

Hope they fix this soon... I still have problems after I have started a VM so I guess you are lucky on that point... Perhaps I should also try to wipe my switch and recreate?

• I don't use or have Hyper V active yet I still cannot sign in

• RYACOM

@kimenemark, I didn't mean that to come across as I was upset with you or your solution.  You had a solution.  It worked.  I have to have TeamViewer to do my job every day and I wasn't getting anywhere on my own.  I did suspect Hyper-V but I was really nervous about removing the service because I wasn't sure of the ramifications. 

I have four different Virtual Switches tied to a 4 port PCI-e NIC.  A few of my VMs are on different VLANs.  My actual VM environment isn't super critical.  Obviously, because I didn't notice for a few days :).  I would never have just pulled the trigger as quickly as I did if it were a production or customer environment. 

As far as you continuing to have issues, that's weird, too.  I was a bit cavalier with my implementation in that I didn't even shut down my VMs when I removed the Hyper-V service :D.  I figured that's why I ran into the Virtual switches being deleted and the virtual NICs on each VM having to be removed and reinstalled.  Try that :)

• RYACOM

Oh, one more thing, All of my virtual NICs are set to not interact with the host OS.  I'm not sharing my NIC that use for access to the network on my host computer.

• @JamesB007 I didn't have Hyper V activated when I installed TeamViewer, so I enabled it, rebooted, disabled it, rebooted, and now I can sign into the TV app. It makes no sense, but that's what I did to get it to work. I also do not use it. 

• Great thank you. I'll try that. They really need to fix this
  • Hyper V isn't even listed as one of my Windows Features
  • VBScab
    VBScab Posts: 2
    Then you have the ”wrong” flavour of Windows. You need Pro or Enterprise. Use VirtualBox instead. I don't have any of these problems with it.
  • Then there must be some other sign in issue with TV which is unrelated to Hyper V :-(

• @JamesB007 Hyper V is still active but it can't be disabled (very easily) in Win 10 Home. 

I was able to find This (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK) this is instructions to disable Hyper V for Win 10 Enterprise so it's untested on the Win 10 Home. I have no idea if it will work or not since I have Win 10 Pro and Enterprise. This was the only answer that I could find that is even close to what you are wanting. 

If this doesn't work then maybe try contacting TV (lol, good luck if you're a free user). 

• Thanks but looks like I'm just out of luck with Team Viewer until if/when they fix this