use of dual monitors on both computers

In an article "Multi-Monitor Support for Windows", there is a comment: "If you have the same number of monitors or more than your client, it is also possible to mirror them one-to-one onto your own monitors." I would love to do that. (See the 2 monitors from the other computer showing up on my 2 monitors.) What do I have to do to accomplish that? Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you arichesin... I appreciate your input. That worked perfectly! --Kevin

• this is such a fantastic feature, I love using it.  However, does anyone know how to fool the system?  Specifically, I have 2 monitors, but the workstation I am using TV to remote to has only 1.  Is it possible to work as if the remote PC has 2 monitors?

I can have 2 instances of the same view, and I can stretch the TeamViewer across my to monitors, but this is not the result I am hoping for.  I'd like to work as if the remote workstation has 2 monitors, even if it does not.  Possible ??

• Search Amazon for "HDMI EDID Emulator" or "DP EDID Emulator", some refer to it as a ghost display. I just used 2 of the HDMI ones on an Intel NUC that is running headless, letting me have dual screens on TV. It's just a little plug that has an EDID chip in it to fool the graphics card into thinking a monitor is connected. They go for about $10/ea. Install it on the remote PC.

• Ben60135
    Ben60135 Posts: 1

I have tried this procedure to no avail......need help, anyone?

• deniseb
    deniseb Posts: 1

That option is not showing - it was - but disappeared this morning - help please

• It's not showing any multi-monitor option "Monitors as Individual Windows", please help me for this, I want use Teamviewer a multi-monitor on our laptop or iphone both.

• Right Click on the screen tap on the top and select Move to New Window. This will let you drag the new window to your other screen.

• Is this option for two monitors only available with the premium version?

I downloaded the free version but I can only use one screen. I followed your instructions but I don't have the option under view to select individual monitors.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Nick

• After opening the app for the second time, the possibility to select monitors was available. But, the first time it was not there. Strange.

But thanks for all the tips in this thread, very helpful

All the best.

Nick

• agoldbach
    agoldbach Posts: 3 ✭✭

under view the choice of two monitors is missing 

@kevin-in-az wrote:

In an article "Multi-Monitor Support for Windows", there is a comment: "If you have the same number of monitors or more than your client, it is also possible to mirror them one-to-one onto your own monitors." I would love to do that. (See the 2 monitors from the other computer showing up on my 2 monitors.) What do I have to do to accomplish that? Thanks for your help!

• agoldbach

view option to use two monitors not showing up or available

• agoldbach

same problem view option to use two monitors not showing up or available

• abbramps
    abbramps Posts: 2

Hi, i have the latest verson of TV and my View drop down does not desplace the two monitor option. Any hints please.

• abbramps
    abbramps Posts: 2

Hi,

I do not have this option, both PCs have dual monitors, but I only get the one option under the View icon for a single monitor.

PCs rebooted, latest version of TV installed in both.

Ideas Please?

• KazuT
    KazuT Posts: 3 ✭✭

How do I do this on a MacBook? I don't have a toolbar with a View menu on it.