Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Moneek
    Moneek Posts: 1

I have been using TeamViewer for some time, and suddenly it appears that I am using it commercially and continually times out any sessions I am in.

I have uninstalled TV and re-installed (as a personal *free* version) to no avail.  What is going on here?

Anyone?

• Al_G
    Al_G Posts: 1
    This is the first time it has happened to me. But what a crummy time for it to happen! Argh
  • jowen
    jowen Posts: 1

Same here

• tylerun
    tylerun Posts: 1

Me as well Booted me off completely 

• **Third Party Product** is the way I feel :-) TV has gone nuts and wants just tag every alternate person as commercial license so that out of frustration people buy Business license for personal use and they can mint money :-P

• Cloudchaser
    Cloudchaser Posts: 9 ✭✭

I have been using Teamviewer12 free version for well over a year.  Just before midnight on 8/19, I tried to connect to my home PC from my laptop and I got a "has detected commercial use" error message even though I have only ever used it for personal use.  I tried uninstalling Teamviewer from my laptop, downloading the install file and installing version 13, during which I selected the "personal use" option, but that didn't work, I got the same thing.  What do I need to do to use the free version again?  I can't afford to be paying $49 a month just for personal, recreational use.

• quanpt
    quanpt Posts: 1

Hi, a few days ago when I connected to another computer I received a message about Commercial connection limit.

I remember installed as Personal User in my MacBook before, so can I fix it? Or change from Commercial to Personal?

Anyway, I can choose to install with Personal User on my Windows computer.

Thank you.Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 4.07.25 PM.png

• SUTANZ
    SUTANZ Posts: 1

I am getting this same message all of a sudden. I have been using TV for years to login to my personal computer and not it is saying that they detect me for commercial use. Why alll of a sudden?

• Lix
    Lix Posts: 1

I got the same problem! 

• KER
    KER Posts: 1

Same problem!  Definitely no commercial use here, just 2 computers at home + relatives and friends/neighbours.

• mcm57
    mcm57 Posts: 6

I've the same problem since today.

Used teamvier for a long time without any problems. Only ONE remote PC located at home.

McM

• Same thing here man.   I have 1 PC at my house that i remote to.   Deffantly not Commercial use.      Whats up with this TeamViewer

• mcm57

I've the same problem since today.

I have no idea why teamviewer thinks my usage mightbe commercial. I'm connecting from my office PC to my home PC (only this one). I've opened a ticket - will see what happens.

OK - Teamviewer must take some measurements to ensure that the software is not used commercially. But either they should not promize a free software for private use or the software should really work for private use. And connecting to only one or very few systems should be an indcation of private usage as no real company will have only opne customer ... 

McM

• la stessa cosa lo hanno fatto anche a me, nonostante ho dichiarato ufficialme te che lo uso a scopi privati

• JayM
    JayM Posts: 3
    Yup, same here. All of a sudden I'm now a commercial user.

Has anyone with TV responded to this yet? 33 pages is a lot to sift through.
  • This is terrible!  It is a very confusing message!

What exactly does this mean???

• I'm in the same boat.  I'm hoping this is a glitch, because I think TeamViewer is a great service.

• JohnRH
    JohnRH Posts: 1

This is the second time this happened to me. I just received an email, after 30 or so days, that as a "special consideration for this one time only* they will reset my account back to personal. Guess the next time it happens , and it will due to their faulty algorithm, I am out of luck.

John

• Duce
    Duce Posts: 2

I am having the same issue.

• bebo9b
    bebo9b Posts: 1

I have never received a commercial usage message, but from what I am reading, it is a 5 minute limit, not 59 seconds. 
    I have erased all traces of TV and reinstalled, different ips and still cant get any further than 59 seconds. Whether my participant is online or not. 
    Any idea? kind of dead in the water here

• cushse
    cushse Posts: 2

I am having the same issue.  Been using it for years to connect to my home PC from work and now I am no longer able to do that because somehow my account has been flagged for commercial use.

• I got the same thing. Looked for a different solution and I am going back to **Third Party Product**. **Third Party Product** had better performance that TeamViewer when I was on it before, so I guess I'll see if this is still the case. It's $17 a year for personal use, so a lot cheaper.

Shame, though. Teamviewer has been great for fixing family computers while I am at work though.
  • Duce
    Duce Posts: 2

Same issue.

• cushse
    cushse Posts: 2

same issue here.  Been using TV forever on my home computer and now today I am getting disconnected after 59 seconds and a message that I am using TV commercially, which I am NOT doing.  

• mcm57

Seems that Teamviewer block a lot of (legel ?) private user since today ...

• origami
    origami Posts: 12 ✭✭

Everyone should try publicly tweeting your dissatisfaction with the faulty algorithm with and with Teamviewer's support practices to the users "Teamviewer" and "Teamviewer_help" on Twitter.

Maybe if there is enough public disatisfaction the company will change their misguided practices.

The only algorithm that truly works is to trust and respect your customers, both present and future.

• mcm57

OK there ARE alternatives.

If TV cannot do anything better - not even drop any note here - switching to an alternative will be an option. As the moderator reads and removes help here regulkary, I suggest to google for die besten teamviewer alternativen or similar.

I really would prefer to continue teamviewer. But if accessing my private home PC from my office PC is considered commercial - indipendent if I have / use 1 PC odr pretend (or lie) that the 200 PCs I regularly access are all my private PCs - TV is no longer an option. The monthly price might be OK for real commercial - but for private use it's inacceptable.

I'll wait if / when TV responds to my ticket. A week might by long but acceptable. After that time I will contact Heise / Chip in germany. Maybe they could schedule a report with remote access software. At least a user letter will not be censored there as the situations seem a mismatch between promised free license and actual behaviour. To make it clear - TV has the right to stopp a free version. It's private software. BUT TV should NOT offer a free license for personal private usage if this is not true.

McM 

• commentate il disapprovo sui post di Facebook, vediamo l'azienda cosa risponde, io l'ho già fatto