Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• GYW
    GYW Posts: 15
    Welcome to the club...I'm in the same boat.
  • GYW

I haven't gotten a reply yet, but I have researched other software products that actually do the same thing.  I've downloaded one myself and just used it...not bad at all.  I'm sure if I posted the name of it, this post would be deleted..[deleted by moderator].  Anyway...this is what happens when big companies get very greedy... I have friends and family all over the states and the only thing it may cause by switching programs is some very direct contact with the people or have someone who is computer savvy to help my very old family members download the programs...

• GYW

I just tried **Third Party Product**...pretty good and free

• GYW
    Agree totally and I have also noticed that their status in the "free" remote control ratings has gone away completely.
  • GYW

The best thing you can do is find another free application to control your other computer.  I am currently trying one, which I can't name , but begins with A, and so far, it's quite simple to set up and easy to use.  Has all the bells and whistles of TV without the attitude...so far.  TV's ratings in the "free" catagory has disappeared and word has gotten out of this fiasco and the way they are treating people...their loss.  Just do some searching...I found this one right away.

• TeamViewer is no more.  I installed **Third Party Product** today and it works great.  To get my free license restored and then taken away afer 4 uses is ridiculous.  I just wish they would come clean and admit they don't want any free users anymore.  

• TV is not an US company so it doesn't have to follow any laws or rules of business. So let's all quit complaining and do what we can to help others. Give them what they want no customer.
  • Man let's name the alternatives:

• **Third Party Products**
  • **Third Party Product** - mainly a windows solution. Looking at others but so far**Third Party Product** is good.

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

**Third Party Product**  is no good, no clipboard or cloud logon if you don't pay, worthless.

• With **Third Party Product** keep in mind that you can only connect for up to 17 hours a month.

• For honest discussion this is not the place. They don't like us talking about better products.

• It's been nearly two weeks since I submitted the form and no response. Twitter support people have intermitantly responded to messages but no solution as of yet.

I log into my home computer while I am at work to check my personal email, stream music from my home PC and pay my personal bills. This is not commercial use as far as I can tell. But nearly two weeks later, I still have no response to the ticket I created and you guys say creating more tickets can make it take even longer...

If you are so busy that you can't even respond to people in a reasonable amount of time, then perhaps whatever steps you are taking to deter business users from using your product for free has actually caused a lot of false positives and should be revisited. Or you just don't want people using your product for free, in which case why don't you just say so?

• Hello.I use it for personal use only but teamviewer say that is detecting business software and not let me use it for free.what is happening?
  • Hi,

TeamViewer have a real problem at this moment. They offer two type of accounts private use and commercial use. Private use is free, commercial use based on license which should be payed.

The problem is that the account under private mode, free teamviewer is locked with the message trial expired, even if the application is free for private use. To unlock you have to contact the teamviewer but teamviewer team does not accept any ticket from customers who use free version, I mean private account. So they are at a point of no way for people who chose to test teamviewer or to use in private mode.

Beside this, even if at installing the teamviewer ask you to chose the mode of using, commercial or both, and if you chose both, you can be found as suspicious if you use two accounts commercial and private on the same device. This difference between commercial and private accounts using should be very well defined and limited.

At this moment the support for free version is not available even if the account is locked.

• JayM
    JayM Posts: 3

Had to unsubscribe from this thread since I was getting so many emails (and conveniently not a single one from a TeamViewer rep).

Unbelievably pathetic customer relations, especially with the vast amount of alternative programs for remote connections.  They can "fix" my account now; I don't even care.  I'll never use TeamViewer again.

• Same here.  I actually sent me an email (after 3.5 months) to tell me my account was confirmed to be a private use, but that's the SECOND TIME and I don't care anymore.  I'm using **Third Party Product**, and 17 hours a month for this truly private user is just fine with me.

I've seen some seriously flawed thinking in my time, but this one is over the top.  I hope the guy in charge is happy with his decision to wreck PR.

• @gquiring wrote:

TeamViewer is no more.  I installed **Third Party Product** today and it works great.  To get my free license restored and then taken away afer 4 uses is ridiculous.  I just wish they would come clean and admit they don't want any free users anymore.  

Aero?

• Screenshot_3.png

• If they responded to those of us who filled out the form as fast as they deleted posts here that referenced their competition, there wouldn't be a problem.

• The commerical use software detection has bugs - it detects commerical use incorrectly, and response time to reset the license after filling in the correct form is really long.

When is teamviewer team going to fix this problem and reduce the number of false positive detections, and in the meantime reduce time for response for support calls?

This is the 2nd time I have filled in the right form, and have been waiting for a week with no response.

1st time I filled the right form, and i waited for nearly 15-20 days for the license to get reset.
  • jornin
    jornin Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Hey Esther,

I filled out the ticket. I explained that I use TeamViewer to log into my HTPC, my media server. Which are both in my home. The server only serves my media to the living room and bedroom. And I access my Mother-in-laws computer.

Even after waiting over two weeks for a response you still can't confirm that I'm not using it for commercial use. So how in the **** is me giving you my address and signature on a
    "Declaration of private use" going to change anything?

link for that here for those that are curious
    http://cdn01.teamviewer.com/teamviewer/pdf/TeamViewerDeclarationOfPrivateUse.pdf?utm_source=TV-newsletter-en&mailid=18156909&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=news2018-Q3-StayBlocked-cohorte1-NC&utm_content=Intro%2B1%2BText&pid=news.2018-Q3-StayBlocked-cohorte1-NC-en&lid=

I'm a stay at home house husband. I don't have a job. I access 2 computers with TeamViewer. My living room computer and my Mother-in-laws. How am I possibly getting flagged for personal use?

Why do you need my address to "confirm" that I'm not breaking your rules?
  • Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for your request regarding being unblocked from using the free version of TeamViewer. After reviewing the information provided to us, we were unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately.

Requiring commercial users to purchase a license is also part of our effort to maintain the free version, and to therefore make help accessible to everyone. The free version is for people who are using it to help family and friends.

To continue using TeamViewer, there are two options for you to consider:

1) We encourage you to purchase a license that fits your needs: https://www.teamviewer.com/pricing

If you need help finding the perfect license, we will be happy to assist you personally:
    +49 7161 60692 50

2) THIS FORM is a declaration of private use that needs to be printed, signed personally and sent back to us at the following email address [email protected].

When you return this to us, we will review your response confirming your declaration of private use and use this to determine whether we can re-enable your use of TeamViewer.

For more information regarding the commercial use of the free version of TeamViewer, please refer to our community statement: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

If you are not sure whether you are using TeamViewer commercially,
    please give us a call: +49 7161 60692 50 .

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Your TeamViewer Team
  • xbee2
    xbee2 Posts: 17

Got this email:

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for your request regarding being unblocked from using the free version of TeamViewer. After reviewing the information provided to us, we were unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately.

Requiring commercial users to purchase a license is also part of our effort to maintain the free version, and to therefore make help accessible to everyone. The free version is for people who are using it to help family and friends.

To continue using TeamViewer, there are two options for you to consider:

1) We encourage you to purchase a license that fits your needs: https://www.teamviewer.com/pricing

If you need help finding the perfect license, we will be happy to assist you personally:
    +49 7161 60692 50

2) THIS FORM is a declaration of private use that needs to be printed, signed personally and sent back to us at the following email address [email protected].

When you return this to us, we will review your response confirming your declaration of private use and use this to determine whether we can re-enable your use of TeamViewer.

• xbee2

We're suppose to provide private information now when we can't even speak to a person directly about this whether it's by phone, email, or ticket?

Absolutely ludacris.

• jornin

I already filled out the ticket. I use TV to log into a computer in the other room of my house. It's a media server that plays movies in my bedroom and my living room. I also use it to help my mother-in-law. I explained all of this in the ticket. I also explained that I don't work right now and that I have never logged into a commercial server with TV. 

Yet after two weeks you want to tell me that my usage pattern is still unclear to you and I need to fill out a "Declaration of private use" that demands my street address.

WHY?

What is going to change if I give you my street address? The "Declaration of private use" asks for no other information about my TV use. My address is the only new info you will receive from the new form.

Are you going to mail me things?

if so...

The ""Declaration of private use" form states "I am aware that the TeamViewer GmbH is entitled to block my device completely in case of detected/verified abuse."  If for some inane reason I am blocked permanently for accessing my living room computer, you still have my address. What are you going to do with it then? Will you mail me stuff after blocking me permanently?

If I am already getting tagged for commercial use, how does this "I am aware that the TeamViewer GmbH is entitled to block my device completely in case of detected/verified abuse."  effct me when you make a mistake again? I'm seeing many threads online, reddit, and so on, where people in similiar situtions are getting tagged multiple times.

Separate thought.
    Why is everything and everyone relate to this process so unhelpful?

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @jornin,

perhaps it is a double check. I hope this can clarify.

Regards.

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• xbee2

Apparently this is how their algorithm is designed to work.

So all of us that are running personal/home/media servers that serve PERSONAL needs/use. Even though that NONE of these servers are running Corporate editions such as: Windows Server 2012, 2016, etc, and running Windows HOME or Pro - their algorithm will deem it as Commercial use.

I have a really bad after taste after listening to that clarification.

Ultimately, it’s an agree-to-disagree on how we preserve Personal vs Commercial use.

Sure, I could just use one of the active TeamViewer licenses from one of my I.T clients or sell another client on TeamViewer and use a spare.

But that goes against moral & principle points. Instead, I feel better to stop supporting TeamViewer entirely. Two way street.

• jornin

I got that answer too. They also heavily implied to me that running Linux is something that gets you flagged too.

• jornin
    Having my home address and pinpointing my exact location on the planet doesn't tell TeamViewer anything about my usage. Which is what they are claiming the problem is.

Apparently TeamViewer makes the decisions about commercial usage on things like running Plex, or having Linux as your operating system. Giving them my address isn't going to change that. Maybe they should be more honest about what qualifies as personal use, because nothing on this "community" mentions that. You have to talk to someone on the phone to get that answer.