Unable to relogin

Hi.

I have searched the forums, but I can't seem to find a similar case.

When I first log in to teamviewer everything is fine, I can see my remote computers and connect, account working fine.

But after some time, Teamviewer application logs me out, even though I checked "Keep me signed in" checkbox in the application. The password is cleared out, and if I try to re-login by entering the same passord as before, nothing seems to happen, I can hit the "Sign in" button or hit enter after typing in the password, and nothing happens, no error message, and not getting signed in.

As a workaround I found that if I EXIT the application, thus restarting it, I can sign in again, once, and after some time I get logged out and the story repeats.

Any ideas?

PS. Teamviewer 13

Best Answer

Answers

• beringer
    beringer Posts: 7 ✭✭

I encounter exact the same problem since a few days.

Only exiting the application and restarting is the "work around" to make the password login work again.

• beringer

It happens when I kill my Remote Desktop connection on the computer which is running TeamViewer. When i relogin on RDP (even seconds after disconnecting) the login from TeamViewer is disconnected and am unable to relogin without restarting the TeamViewer application.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi, Thanks to both of you for letting us know! 

I really appreciate it!

We were able to reproduce the behavior (special thanks to beringer for the explanation).

I forwarded it to our development and they will have a look at this. I will inform you when I have more information.

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • I'm using RDP to the computer with the TeamView issue as well.

• We have also been suffering from this issue every time we disconnect and reconnect to the machine running TeamViewer using Remote Desktop Connection.

I have been able to compare different versions and the issue was not present in v13.2.5287 (released 2018-07-23) but appears in v13.2.14327 (released 2018-08-13).

• beringer

The new update, 13.2.26558, did not fix the issue.

• nothing works not even the work around. i cant enter mine login in the pc software after update. same version as mention above
  • beringer

@Julia is there a link (genuine TeamViewer link preferred) where I can download v13.2.5287?

I might consider downgrading rather than using the work around which is so annoying :/

• Iain_wels
    Iain_wels Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello beringer,

Downgrading is never preferred but because of this issue, I think its a better option to download and use a previous option of Teamviewer.
    Here is a link for downloading older versions of Teamviewer.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

I hope this helps for now,

Thank you for using Teamviewer.

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • beringer

Hi Iain,

Thanks for your swift reply. But that link only shows v12.* versions, I'd rather stay in the v13.* ball park.

Regards,

Marcel

• Iain_wels
    Iain_wels Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello beringer,

I have been looking for a previous patch download on the Teamviewer website, but I can't find any. My excuses and I hope a staff member gives you a link.

Thank you for using Teamviewer.

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • beringer

@Julia please do share the download link with us? It's getting really annoying :(

• beringer

Hi Julia,

It seems to be working! Great job :)

Thanks!

• Dear Teamviewer Team,

I am still having this problem in one of my systems. The version in 15.8.3