Deleting Teamviewer - TeamviewerQS on Mac

D1234
D1234 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am running High Sierra on Mac. I have tried the instructions on the help page:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-uninstall-TeamViewer-on-my-Mac/ta-p/4165

There is no advanced tab to uninstall! 

Please help - I have even downloaded uninstaller software, but the TeamViewerQS continues to mount, even after unmounting it many times. 

This is basically malware at this point. 

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @D1234,

Thank you for your message.

The QuickSupport module does not install; it is a run-only application. As such, you need only delete the QuickSupport module from your computer.

You would only need to follow steps to uninstall if you had the Host module or the full version of TeamViewer installed on your device.

Here is an article with more information on the QuickSupport module.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• D1234

Nope - that article didnt say how to delete it. Ive tried deleting and unmounting this several times. Also I have looked at startup apps and it isnt listed. 

• JoshP

Hello @D1234,

Thank you for your message. 

That is correct; as the QuickSupport module does not install, it cannot start with the Operating System. It would not appear in Startup items.

When you say it is mounting, are you referring to this?2018-10-24 10_19_46-MBA-CSAT.local - TeamViewer.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.17.13 AM.png

Josh P.

---

• D1234

Yes - even if I unmount it- it comes back after 5 min. 

• JoshP

Hello @D1234,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please be advised that this is not the TeamViewer QuickSupport app, but the DMG file it comes in.  A DMG is a disk image commonly used by the macOS operating system. When opened, an DMG is "mounted" as a volume within the Finder. Once mounted, the files within a DMG can be moved (or run in the case of an installer); once done, the volume can be ejected and the DMG file itself can be deleted. 

When you downloaded the QuickSupport module, the DMG file should have gone to the same folder as other online downloads (usually the Downloads folder). To prevent your operating system from automatically loading and DMG, first unmount the dmg. Once unmounted, delete the DMG file itself (right click the file, select Move to Trash2018-10-24 13_48_16-MBA-CSAT.local - TeamViewer.png

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

---

• D1234

Ok - I think I figured it out. 

The .dmg file was in the TRASH! And I had to empty it before it stopped activating the mount. 

Thank you -