How to block all users other than company users

We have added all valid users under our Company profile. Now we want to block all other users from using our Company license. Please help.

Best Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @NedAsh,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to allow only specific TeamViewer accounts or TeamViewer IDs remote access to your device, we recommend to set up a Whitelist. You can find the feature easily by clicking in your TeamViewer fullversion on Extras --> Options --> Security --> Black and Whitelist --> Click on Configure...  and a new window will open. Activate the second option Allow access only for the following partners and click on Add 

whitelist1.png

After clicking on Add, you can either choose partners saved on your Computers & contacts list or add the whole company you are part of (only visible if you are part of a company profile) or add TeamViewer IDs or contacts manually to your whitelist. 

whitelist3.png

If you have a TeamViewer policy created in the Management Console, you can perform these steps in the Policy window to add the whitelist to the policy; this will allow you to push it to all necessary devices as a  Master Whitelist. You can find more information on this process here.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• JoshP
    Answer ✓

Hello @NedAsh,

Thanks for the clarification.

If you want to make sure that only the users in your Company Profile under User Management are able to utilize the license, this is already the case; provided you have not given the License Key to anyone else. Without the License Key, only the users listed in User Management would be able to utilize the licensed features. Other users would not be able to add themselves to the Company Profile nor activate the License Key on their own accounts.

The previously mentioned steps (whitelist) would ensure that only your company users can access your company devices via TeamViewer.

If your use case is more in-depth than this, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support team directly, so we may better understand your use case!

Josh P.

---

Answers

• JoshP
    Answer ✓

Hello @NedAsh,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to allow only specific TeamViewer accounts or TeamViewer IDs remote access to your device, we recommend to set up a Whitelist. You can find the feature easily by clicking in your TeamViewer fullversion on Extras --> Options --> Security --> Black and Whitelist --> Click on Configure...  and a new window will open. Activate the second option Allow access only for the following partners and click on Add 

whitelist1.png

After clicking on Add, you can either choose partners saved on your Computers & contacts list or add the whole company you are part of (only visible if you are part of a company profile) or add TeamViewer IDs or contacts manually to your whitelist. 

whitelist3.png

If you have a TeamViewer policy created in the Management Console, you can perform these steps in the Policy window to add the whitelist to the policy; this will allow you to push it to all necessary devices as a  Master Whitelist. You can find more information on this process here.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.

---

• I guess I could not clearly phrase my requirement, sorry!

Actually I dont want any body to use our company Teamviewer license on any computer. I have already added valid users in my company profile who can use license. My question is how can we restrict the use of our Teamviewer license to our company users only.

• JoshP
    Answer ✓

Hello @NedAsh,

Thanks for the clarification.

If you want to make sure that only the users in your Company Profile under User Management are able to utilize the license, this is already the case; provided you have not given the License Key to anyone else. Without the License Key, only the users listed in User Management would be able to utilize the licensed features. Other users would not be able to add themselves to the Company Profile nor activate the License Key on their own accounts.

The previously mentioned steps (whitelist) would ensure that only your company users can access your company devices via TeamViewer.

If your use case is more in-depth than this, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support team directly, so we may better understand your use case!

Josh P.

---

• Thank you Josh for answering my questions.

We shared our license with our staff but you know they can use it with different ID. We do not want to take risk that's why trying to protect ourselves.

I will try their Teamviewer direct customer support.

• gnastas90
    gnastas90 Posts: 1

Have you find a solution to the above requirement? We also want to do the same too, i.e. users cannot use teamviewer to support devices that do not belong to the company