Teamviewer 14 SSO - Deploy Full TV via GPO with CustomSettings

Hi, we have about 300 users in our organization and we need to install Full Teamviewer software to this users.

We use teamviewer for internal chat and eventually for presentations, we have a whitelist for remote control configured in TV settings to allow only IT Support to connect to end users. This settings have been exported to settings.reg. But cant find MSI for TV 14 full version, only for host or quickjoin.

First we would like to deploy MSI Full Package with settings.reg via GPO.

Web need to configure SSO too to allow users to login to teamviewer with active directory credentials. We have alredy configured the API that syncronize active directory users with management console.

Thnak you very much

Diego

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello Diego,

the MSI for the full version can be found in the same ZIP file as the Host MSI is. You should be finding two msi files - full and host, and they should have a difference of one having *host.msi at the end of it.

Once you have located the MSI you can deploy the same via GPO if you use Microsoft Orca in order to create the matching MST file to push the parameters.

The parameters you can find here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Mass-deployment-improvements/ta-p/39639

Please beware that the automatic assignment to a Group does not yet work with the full client, so that it needs to be pushed into the group via the ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS.

Best regards,

Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Rene, than you very much.

I saved the TeamViewer_Settings.reg put it in the same folder where MSI is but it does not apply.

Does it work with the full version or just only with teamviewer host?

Regards

Diego

• Hey Diego,

the reg file has to be in the same folder as the MSI and should then be pulled as well.

Both, Full and Host, need the parameter from Version 14, but Host already needs that parameter from Version 13.2.

For parameter info see here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Mass-deployment-improvements/ta-p/39639

Regards,

Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Thanks Rene, we cant still get the configuration REG to be applied to teamviewer full version. Basically we do not want to allow users to connect to other users. We do this by configuring advanced settings and prohibit the remote control item. We have configured the password for options as well, but when we install the MSI that we have in the same folder as the TeamViewer_Settings.reg doesnt apply the cfg. We generate the REG by exporting from advanced settings the TV config we alredy prepared.
  • Hello Diego,

don't make your life as complicated! If that is all you need added, then just assign a TeamViewer Policy to the devices. ;)

With that you can push (enforce is important in this case) those settings as well!

You can find that via the Management Console.

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Thankssss,

It is possible to allow the chat between those people who has TV installed and policies pushed from the Management Console?. I mean, i need who people can use the chat for internal comunication.
    Thank you very much!

• Hi Rene, whats the command line to execute teamviewer_full.msi with id configuration?.

We tried Teamviewer_Full-idc(idconfig).msi but noyhing happened!

regards

Diego

• Cant find any guide to show me how to deploy teamviewer_full version to desktops and assign automatically to a group created in management console.

The guides found talks about an assigment tool, a JSON file but all of them are incomplete.

Please i need some guide, i generate the token, the custom id but where is suppose to use those configs?

regards

Diego

• Hello Diego,

to answer the three questions of the previous posts:

Policies do not influence the ability to chat. All you need to have is a TV account and being logged in.

The full client can be rolled out similar to the Host. If you have a look at the Mass Deployment Improvement page I linked above you'll see the comments.

The difference between the full and the Host version (for now) is that the Host is taking the IDC code via CUSTOMCONFIGID, but the full does not yet work with the same parameter. As such you need to work with the APITOKEN to assign the account (same as with Host), but also need to work with the ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS in order to push the device into the group of your choice.

The assignment tool was used prior to version 13.2 (for Host) and 14 (for Full).

Regards,
    Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Thank you Rene.

I dont see API token in the Design and Deploy when i configure a host.

Is it necessary to uninstall version 12 of tv full in order to deploy v14 or it just update the old version?.

what is exacty the command line i should use to deploy the msi with ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS to push the computer to add to one group, for example Desktops.

Thanks in advance

Diego

• Rene, thank you very much!!

Wonderfull reply. Didnt see the API TOKEN, because i checked the "alow account assignment" but didnt save the module. When i saved the module and edit again then appears.

I try this now and i will comment.

Thanks again!

• Hi Rene, i run exactly the command writing the API that gave me the module, i see msiexec running in task manager but nothing happen in my computer.

I tried it on a virtual machine fresh install of windows, same version of windows 10 and it WORKSSS!!!

What may i try in my computer, i uninstall everything. Registry?, Full uninstallation.

What can i do? Because in major f computer i have installed Teamviewer 12

REGARD and Thanks!!

• Run from PDQ Deploy and Install Perfectly.

One Last Question.

Can i assign a password to EXTRA/OPTIONS to prevent users from accessing OPTIONES?.

I know doing it from ADVANCED OPTONS, but can i add this option from policy or from ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS or any other way?

THANKS!!!

• Hey Diego,

You have to import the REG file for that. It cannot be done via Policy or Parameters.

Thanks,

Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Thanks Rene, the only thing im seeing is that i assign that group a policy but computers added to that group didnt take and apply that policy.

What im doing wrong?

When i try to assign to a single computer the policy it says that i cannot move the computer from group and assign a policy at the same time.. (look at the warning at Desktop right side)

Sin título.png

• Hey Diego,

if you're deploying the full version you'll have to assign the policies by hand afterwards.

Unfortunately the policies cannot be assigned via parameters at this point. However, it is in the works.

Thanks,
    Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Thanks, 

Is it posible to lock de Quick Connect Button?. I choose disable in the policy, i applied the policy manually to the computer but the computer can connect to other computer outside the company.

Thanks

• You can lock that down via policy and stop outgoing connections.

Just make sure that you're enforcing those policies so that they cannot be changed.

Regards,

Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Tanks Rene, 

I could add the computers but I have a problem when applying the policies, some are applied and others tell me that "it was not possible to eliminate the policy (policy)" I do not understand how the policy works, I must apply it when generating the installation files? Should I apply it to the group? Should I apply it individually ?.

• Hey Diego,

the recommendation would be to assign it to the group and to set the clients to "inherit from group".

Best regards,

Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • I was told by a TV tech that parameters dont work via GPO and was directed to you PDQ free.

• TV-Rene
    TV-Rene Posts: 30

Hello,

policies and parameters are two different things for us;

- Policies are the policies you can create and assign to devices via the Management Console

- Parameters you use to install the software, be it full client or host.

You can use parameters via GPO as well, but you would have to use a login script or MST files in order to get that done.

Regards,

Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Eduards
    Eduards Posts: 1

hi!

This stoped to work on MSI package 14.2.2558.0

It was working on MSI packages 14.1.XXXX

Any advice?

• Chr
    Chr Posts: 8 ✭✭

When you use Microsoft GPO Deployments - there is no way to simply add extra arguments to msiexec - since that is all made behind the scenes.

Could Teamviewer be so kind and stop making things difficult.
    Right Now it seems that the best aproach will be to install TeamViewer 13 - and than have users upgrade manualy.

• TV-Rene
    TV-Rene Posts: 30

Hey Chr,

you could use the login script to push TeamViewer via GPO. That way you can also push it with parameters.

When running that you can use, for example, txt files you create when installing, that way you have something to check against when checking if you need to install or not.

Best regards,
    Rene

Rene - 2nd Level Support
  • Chr
    Chr Posts: 8 ✭✭

So you are saying that we should use startup scripts to run msiexec instead of the automated MSI deployment of applications - that is in every way consivable a horrible suggestion.

• Rafaelf
    Rafaelf Posts: 4 ✭✭

Can some one show me some print after editing the msi with orca?