How can client PCs send support requests to assigned account from TeamViewer standard full version?

Anguel
Anguel Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi!

Today I purchased a TeamViewer Business license. I will use Ninite Pro to distribute and update TeamViewer (it pushes out the standard full version) to all computers I need to manage in our small company. Then I simply assigned the client computers to my TV account so I can access them remotely. This works fine so far.

The big problem is that I need my colleagues to be able to easily send me support requests from these standard TeamViewer installs when they sit in front of their PCs. To be clear: I don't want to mess around with custom host module stuff or custom QuickSupport modules. Besides multiple unknowns regarding future updates, antivirus compatibility etc. I tried these  custom modules and the installers immediately complained that there is already TeamViewer running. No wonder when the standard TV version is already installed...

So unfortunately, after many hours of searching and wasting time I did not find a way to send a simple support request to my TV business account where all those client PCs are assigned to. Am I blind or does this extremely complex and expensive software just not offer a simple feature like "Request Support from assigned account"???

Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Anguel

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Anguel,

Thank you for posting.

As you know, the custom quick support with the session code is the best way to be able to receive requests from your colleagues when they need support.

You do not need to uninstalled the existing TeamViewer full version. Simply just click the "Exit TeamViewer", then download the custom quick support.Exit TeamViewer1.png

For more information, please read this article for the Custom quick support and SOS button.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.

Hope this information will be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Anguel
    Anguel Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thank you @Yuri_T . However, in my opinion it is complete nonsense having to create and download an extra QS program, having to start it, having to stop the running TV instance, starting the QS module again, forgetting to restart TV so no unattended access is possible anymore after the session, and so on... Actually I just can't believe it!

When a client is already tied to an account it would really make sense to just push a button to send the request to that account. Pass this feature request to your developers if anyone is interested in improving the software.

Anguel
  • ColonelDXB
    ColonelDXB Posts: 1

I have exactly the same issue.

My users cannot stop the running instance of TeamViewer as my policy does not allow them to (as I want to have access to all machines all of the time).

So how can they use TeamViewer to request assistance?

• Jobu
    Jobu Posts: 0

Has this ever been addressed? I have the exact same issue. Even just a shortcut on the desktop that sends a message if nothing else - this is really a big lacking point in the software.