Problem conecting to a partner's computer

Options
ela_da
ela_da Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

For a few weeks I have some issues connecting to my partner's computer.I use the free version of Teamviewer and he is using an older version with a license.His license has a limited number of installing actions, I believe under 10 actions no matter what kind of device he is using.

To solve the problem he wants to upgrade to Teamviewer 14.

My question is:If he will uprgrade to the latest Teamviewer version, will he lose one of those installing rights?Does anyone know?

Kind regards,

Tagged:

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Options

Hi @ela_da 

Thank you for your post. 

If your partner is using an old licensed TeamViewer version, he won't be licensed in version 14. He has to upgrade his license to a subscription plan in order to use the latest TeamViewer version.

The 10 remaining moves depend on how often he is moving his license between his devices. 

For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• ela_da
    ela_da Posts: 2
    Options

Hello Natascha,

Thank you for your answer.

In this situation I see 2 solutions:

-either my partner upgrades his license to a subsription plan(which I belive involve some fees)

-eithet I try to instal the old version of Teamviewer that he is using, I'm not sure if this will still be available

-or do you have any other idea?I still want to use the free version of Teamviewer

Regards,

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Options

Hi @ela_da 

Thank you for your quick reply. 

Both of your ideas are correct. Your partner should either upgrade his license or you downgrade your TeamViewer version.

Where can I download older TeamViewer versions? 

Here you can find previous versions. 

Please let me know if I can help you any further.

All the best, 
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community