TeamViewer QuickSupport on Xiaomi Devices

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 3S and another 3 more Xiaomi Redmi devices with my relatives. I have tried using TeamViewer QuickSupport but no luck. Installation is good, shows the Partner ID and even the request is coming. But after the allowing connection the TeamViewer on my Linux machine (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) shows "Ready to connect" and at the mobile side it shows a progress indicator for a few seconds and shows the home screen back again. I can see the notifications, Session Stared and Ended. Is QS hardware specific or OS Specific?

The 4 devices are:

1. Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime (Has custom ROM called "Pixel Experience" based on Android Pie)

2. Xiaomi MI A2 Lite (Has default OS "Android One")

3. Xiaomi Redmi 5A (Has custom ROM called "Pixel Experience" based on Android Pie)

4. Xiaomi Redmi 5A (Default OS "MIUI9")

In none of the devices QS is working.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks Natascha!

I never knew from Linux machines we can't have a connection to mobile devices. But from the linux machine I was able to connect to a desktop. (Windows). So I'm assuming it's just mobile from linux which is not possible.

I have dual boot on my machine. One is Windows 10 and other one is Ubuntu 18.04. I'll try from Windows and update you.

Thanks a lot!

May you enjoy the rest of the day!

Regards,

Jijo

• Thanks Natascha!

Worked in Windows. Awesome! The only problem now I'm facing is to help my relatives, I'll have to switch over to Windows from Linux and my Windows installation is so slow, but it's not a routine task and I got some patience too :). Anyway, Thanks again for the great support. One more thing, I used Virtual Box on Ubuntu to Install Windows on VM, then withn VM I installed TeamViewer. But the same problem again. I'm guessing it's because the host system is still Linux.

Will TeamViewer support Mobiles from Linux anytime soon?

Have a pleasant day ahead!

Regards,

Jijo

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @jijojosephk 

Thank you very much for the test and the nice reply.

I'm happy to hear, that it worked with Windows. 

One more thing, I used Virtual Box on Ubuntu to Install Windows on VM, then withn VM I installed TeamViewer. But the same problem again. I'm guessing it's because the host system is still Linux.

- I think you are right in this case. So, for the future, use the slow Windows installation to connect ;)

I will forward this idea to our product management.

I'm not able to tell you, if or when this feature request would be implemented. But your feedback is really important because we want to develop TeamViewer as close as possible to the wishes of our users.

For this reason, we are really happy about your suggestion.

Have a great day and enjoy your weekend. :)

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hi

There is no possibility to remotely control Xiaomi phones. After the connection is established you are able to see the screen of the Xiaomi device but thats all.

The connection goes from windows and other xiaomi phones

Thanks for any help in this matter.

• PLZ I need for Redmi Note 8 pro too!!

• Hello,

Currently it's still not possible to remote control Xiaomi phones, you can only see the screen.

Is there any progress to expected?

• Yourez
    Yourez Posts: 1

2021 year is finishing, but problem still remain... XIAOMI MI9 can't be controlled by TW, just viewing. When do you plan to resolve the problem?

• Still the problem persist. No other than switching to some other Remote access tool, when we are being ignored.