Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 915 Moderator

Hi @Photosthanh ,

thank you for your post. Could you please send me in a DM your email address to see, if we received your form?

Please remember that this takes a bit of time to change the status of your account, so please be a bit patient.

Have a very nice day!

Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• chjohans
    chjohans Posts: 8

Yeah right, like filling out that form makes any difference whatsoever. I did that months ago, 3 times, no response no nothing and TeamViewer still claims I'm using the software commerically. Which I'm not doing, never hade and certainly never will after this, like they know better than myself what I'm doing.

Anyhow my solution was to uninstall TeamVIewer and install a (free) competitors product. No more "commercial usage" message, and no more TeamViewer, ever!

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the time I've been able to use their software for free. But I also think that as long as they have a "free usage" policy for non-commercial personal use they should honor that - and not falsely claim "commercial use" when it's not! That is just unethical, and I certainly don't want to deal with unethical companies, and even less do I wan't to give them any of my hard earned money.

• AlenaC

Hi @Underwhelmed,

thank you for your post. 

I think the problem is that you attached the files in PDF form and sent them to sales. 

Please read this article Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired' ? . There, you will find the link to the form you have to fill up (and upload your log files).

Please let me know if I can provide you with more information.

Have a nice Thursday :)

Alena 

• yes. Maybe i try to resent.

Thank you. :( 

• (edited by moderator)

i have 2 account. Maybe this is **please do not post private information** or **please do not post private information**. Please help me check again.

Thanks.

• Thanks for the quick response, and suggestion, AlenaC!
    However, I was just following the instructions TeamViewer emailed me:

-------- Original message --------

Date: 4/9/19 8:00 AM (GMT-06:00)

To: xxxxxx@xxxxxx

Subject: WARNING: Possible Violation of EULA
    Dear TeamViewer User,
    We are contacting you today for purposes of license auditing pursuant to sect. 3.9 of the TeamViewer End User License Agreement (EULA). The EULA governs your usage of the TeamViewer product. You accepted the provisions of the EULA upon downloading the TeamViewer client.
    Pursuant to the EULA, the personal use of TeamViewer is free of charge. However, based on analysis of your product usage , we have reason to believe you are using the product in a commercial context. Per the EULA, commercial use requires a paid license. Please visit https://w w w. teamviewer. com/en/buy-now/ for an overview of appropriate license offerings or contact us directly at (888) 269-6705.
    If your use should indeed be solely for personal use, please provide us with your declaration of personal use. Please fill out and sign this form and return to salesteam@ teamviewer. com.
    Please keep in mind that should you fail to clarify your usage of the TeamViewer product, you are in breach of the EULA and your usage may be throttled or blocked completely. TeamViewer reserves the right to take further action for purposes of enforcement of the license terms under the EULA.
    Sincerely,
    Your TeamViewer Team

There are no additional instructions, so I filled out and signed the form, attached it as a PDF file to an email and sent to salesteam, as instructed. I did this for each of the 5 TV ids I have, because there was no indication in the original TV email WHICH TV id had been flagged. Also, tried attaching all 5 to one email. Every email attempt resulted in the "NOT READ ...deleted" response I reported earlier.
    I was flagged and "banned" from TV use last summer and went thru the process you suggested to get the ban "lifted". However, the whole process took well over a month. I was hoping that filling out the form and returning to [email removed by moderator], as instructed, would keep me from being banned to start with.

I do not and have not used Teamviewer for commercial purposes. I do have a PLEX media server on one of my home computers and do subscribe to a VPN which I use occasionally. Again, only personal, non-commercial use. Could either of these be the reason I have been flagged as commercialflagged as commercial use?
    TeamViewer is a fantastic product and I am grateful for being able to use it for free. But it is frustrating when I've followed the minimal instructions provided, spent a lot of time responding, and still apparently am no better off than when I started. I fully expect I will be banned soon for not responding to the WARNING email.
    Thanks, again, AlenaC!

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@Underwhelmed : just by sheer curiosity, what's the email client that managed to tell you that they deleted your email without even reading it?!?

• Outlook 365
  • JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Senior Moderator

Hello @Underwhelmed and everyone,

Thanks for your posts and feedback. We apologize for any confusion.

Regarding the Personal Use Declaration forms, I have verified with our team that the message received, regarding the replies being deleted without being read, is being generated incorrectly by our ticket system.

Please rest assured we are reviewing all responses that we receive to the email replies.

I hope this helps clarify!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• jacottin
    jacottin Posts: 5

Hello Yuri, 

Thanks for your answer. By "the other ID", you mean the ID of the computer I'm trying to remotely access ? It doesn't have any problem. I have access to it without any problem if I use my cell phone to access it. It also works from another computer. I just have an issue with my computer (user ID **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**). 

I resubmited the request to reset the account last Monday but haven't had any news since then. 

On the computer where I have the problem, where is stored the info saying that my "ID" has an expired trial version ? Couldn't I "erase" this info to make a clean start on the computer ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• jacottin

Hello Yuri, 

Thanks for your answer. By "the other ID", you mean the ID of the computer I'm trying to remotely access ? It doesn't have any problem. I have access to it without any problem if I use my cell phone to access it. It also works from another computer. I just have an issue with my computer (user ID **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**). 

I resubmited the request to reset the account last Monday but haven't had any news since then. 

On the computer where I have the problem, where is stored the info saying that my "ID" has an expired trial version ? Couldn't I "erase" this info to make a clean start on the computer ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @jacottin ,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the other ID means that the ID of the computer you try to remotely access.
    If you confirm that the endpoint device has no problem, you need to raise a ticket with the local TeamViewer ID because clean uninstalling and install TeamViewer again does not help in this situation.

Also you might need to wait for the reply upto 7 business days.

Hope this information will be helpful.

Thank you for your understanding and all the best.
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Same goes for me as well. I am going to switch app. Is there a way to add Teamviewer in an iframe of my website?

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

I got the warning again. I was just checking my home while traveling again. This time they "suspect" instead of "know".

This time my connection partner is also me since it's my PC at home. So I am connecting from my PC to my other PC and neither one of me is commercial. Last time I got suspended my connection partner was my mother and at 85 years old she is not commercial either. None of these PCs I mentioned are using a server OS. The only thing I can't know or control is the wifi connection I am connected to. If I log in from a hotel or McDonalds or Starbucks is that commercial use?

I would think Teamviewer is more awesome if they didn't keep accusing me falsely.

Screenshot 2019-04-15 08.56.33.png

• Bmac1122
    Bmac1122 Posts: 2

Good Afternoon, 

Ive contacted you guys servel times and even create a ticket. Still nothing. Its been over a month and still trying to use TV on my laptop and keeps getting the same msg. Not sure what to do at this point. I use TV to help my dad on his desktop and use it at home for recordings shows.. nothing else. Any one have any soultion how to fix this problem?

The ticket system is very slow and almost feels like FREE COUSTOMERS are on back buruner with them.. its kind of sad 

Any help would be great. 

• Bmac1122
    Bmac1122 Posts: 2

Good Afternoon, 

Ive contacted you guys servel times and even create a ticket. Still nothing. Its been over a month and still trying to use TV on my laptop and keeps getting the same msg. Not sure what to do at this point. I use TV to help my dad on his desktop and use it at home for recordings shows.. nothing else. Any one have any soultion how to fix this problem?

The ticket system is very slow and almost feels like FREE COUSTOMERS are on back buruner with them.. its kind of sad 

Any help would be great. 

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

Unless using an unnamed alternative or getting a very expensive annual license, there is nothing else to do.

• lfabbri
    lfabbri Posts: 1

I am using a computer where the previous user had a trial business account.  The trial has expired.  Now that I am using this computer I want to use a personal account instead of business but I can't see where I can change this?

• bazbsg

I found out it's my PC at home that they "think" is being used commerically. When I connect from the hotel to my mom's PC there is no warning. When I connect from the hotel to my own PC I get the warning.

My PC at home is a small (4" x 4" x 2") PC running Windows 7. It is connected to the TV so I can watch YouTube or other videos and I can also monitor my security cameras while I'm away. Absolutely nothing commercial. I usually connect to it remotely and very, very rarely I might connect from it to my upstairs PC for the TV up there.

I don't see how they could possible consider that commerical.

• bazbsg
    PS: So can I submit a request to get this PC fixed before it gets fully blocked?
  • jacottin

Yuri, 

Thanks for your answer. But as I (try to) run a free version, I can't open a ticket to get access to support. So far you're the only one taking time to help me out. 

What could I do to finally solve this situation. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't do the trick. Is there something somewhere that I should erase to reset the account ? I'd like to avoid a clean reinstall of the whole laptop just because of TeamViewer. 

It shouldn't be that hard. I appreciate the free use of TeamViewer ... but only if it works. 

Thanks

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @jacottin ,

Thank you for you reply.

As you mentioned, uninstalling and reinstalling isn't helpful.
    submitting the form is the only way you can get the private version.

Did you get error message when you submit the ticket? If so, what did it say?

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    Hope this will help you.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • jacottin

Hi Yuri, 

I submitted again and again the form. But even it the received email says that my account has been reset to Free, the result remains the same: in TV, I have a "trial expired" :-(

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get in touch with the tech support and open a ticket as they're only opening some for the paying customers.

Can you help

mX

• bazbsg

I just had a thought. TV is claiming my PC at home is being used commercially and since I am connecting to it, I should buy a license. Now it's not being used commercially. It's being used so I can play videos on my living room TV. (that's television, not teamviewer.) But hypothetically, just because a connection partner uses TV commercially, does that mean when I connect to it I am also commercial? Suppose it's my brother who uses TV for business sometimes. But when I connect to his PC it's for personal reasons. Why does that make me commercial????

• I've a Business lience but am retiring from the business. Can I downgrade to a free licence for family support?

• Dears,

i'm looking for help from more than one month, i opened tickets, tried to restart teamviewer service, reinstalled the program and i think everything is possible to solve it but i'm still in the same position. Is impossible to back to the Free version.

I use Teamviewer for Private purposes as "NON Commecial use" since man years, but i don't know why at one point, more than 1 month ago, it stated that i was using the software for Commercial use.

The message start to appear in my Notebook PC and in My Desktop PC (where i share the same teamviewer account) where i usually connect.

I tried to contact you via ticket different times with no answers, and while i was waiting for your help, in order to use the software, i reinstalled teamviewer by choosing "commercial use", by doing this i was able to use it for other 2 weeks while i was waiting your help, but NONE help me and now in my:

Notebook ( TEMVIEWER ID **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**) & Desktop (TEMVIEWER ID **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**) the trial period has expired and even if i tried to reinstall it as "NON COMMERCIAL USE" I'm always getitng the message that my trial period has expired.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me to solve i really don't know what to do more and i really need to use teamviewer, i dont want to change my favourite software.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best Regards

Fabio

• they think im a bussnes but i use it to game when im in school what do i do to stop it ? 

• Good Day all and apologies if I am totally doing this wrong.

My son has Type1 Diabeties, and he has a mobile phone which has an application on it (AndroidAPS) that controls his blood sugar all the time, however I still need to give him insulin for correction and for meals.

EveryDay Usage:  My android phone (OnePlus5) connect to my sons mobile phone (OnePlus3).  Connection Frequency:  As I am ocd, I tend to connect frequently.  Time-for-each-connection:  Seconds.

I can provide medical papers of his diabeties and can provide serial numbers of both phones.

Now I can't do this anymore, it is blocking me and delaying me from logging in, saying I am using it commercially.   

Please advice.  very urgent.

Regards

Susan

• I just filled out this form also,

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Please inform me if I need to do anything else.  Thank you

• AlenaC

Hi @smustafa1982 ,

thanks for your post. Good that you have filled up the form to reset your account. 

If you send me your e-mail via private message, I can check, if we have received the form.

Have a nice day,

Alena