Disable Two-Factor Authentication

Currently being a non-subscription client, I understand this is my help desk. Currently being a complete **bleep**, I have a somewhat unusual request I hope someone can help me with. I have been using the Authy two-factor authentication app for a couple of years. My backup password, used for accessing encrypted login information, has been lost for roughly the same amount of time. Even though I was locked out on my desktop PC that wasn't a huge problem because I had never encrypted that information on my phone. If that falls anywhere short of **bleep** certification, my next trick was to download and install a new improved version of Authy. All of a sudden I couldn't access my account on any device without the backup pasword I don't have. The folks at Authy are telling me the only way back to using the app is to disable two-factor authentication anywhere I'd set it up, then download a fresh version of Authy and start from scratch setting 2FA BACK up on the affected accounts. You've likely guessed it already, but one of the logins I set up 2FA for was TeamViewer, which I'd really like to use more than once on a personal basis so I can decide if I want to subscribe for my small business (Excel development). So if anyone has a suggestion for how to go about getting my 2FA disabled, I'd very much appreciate your passing it along.

Comments

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hi @skepticologist ,

thank you for your post. That is right, the Community is the place to get help + more information :)

Could you please send me in a private message your Email address, so that I can send you the corresponding steps to follow in this case?

Thanks in advance! Have a nice day!

Alena :)

Spanish Community Moderator :)