Can't install Add-On: Samsung

Answers

• Tom_56
    Tom_56 Posts: 12

@Duh wrote:
    Ok, try this for me, make a connection and if you are connected turn of your screen and see if you can wake up the phone
    If I do it the way you want it with my S8, the screen of the S10 stays black and can not be woken up.
    If I do it the way you want it with my PC, then I can wake up the S10.

• Duh
    Duh Posts: 8
    And that is what is my problem, if i connect to my J3 i get this little bar like you would have if you turn on your phone (call it the taskbar if you want) but if i connect to my samsung s8 i don't get that so i cant press the middle button to wake up the phone
  • Tom_56

@Duh wrote:
    And that is what is my problem, if i connect to my J3 i get this little bar like you would have if you turn on your phone (call it the taskbar if you want) but if i connect to my samsung s8 i don't get that so i cant press the middle button to wake up the phone

I understand your problem.
    Since I use the remote control anyway only via a PC, it is less of a problem for me.
    The Samsung PlugIn is only a pre-release, but I am glad that there is this pre-release,
    because so I can also now finally use the TeamViewer remote control on the S10 and S10e.

• VENDANGE
    VENDANGE Posts: 1

It's OK for me on Samsung S9.

Thank you.

@KlausNV wrote:

First of all, i got no answer from the TeamViewer team about publishing the apk. But I got so many messages from you guys about the apk, that I decided to publish the link:

[expired link removed ]

Have fun with the APK. Maybe you can give some feedback, if things are broken or don't work.

Maybe you can spread some kudos ;-)

• Mairu
    Mairu Posts: 11

Thanks, Klaus. That's done the trick.?

• w4lter
    w4lter Posts: 7 ✭✭

@KlausNV wrote:

First of all, i got no answer from the TeamViewer team about publishing the apk. But I got so many messages from you guys about the apk, that I decided to publish the link:

[expired link removed ]

Have fun with the APK. Maybe you can give some feedback, if things are broken or don't work.

Hi Klaus,

do you have any news from the teamviewer team about an official update? (@ googleplaystore)

BR,
    Walter

• Hello, thank you very much for your help. Could someone send me the file?
  • Hello, thank you very much for your help. Could someone send me the file?
  • Mairu

[External link removed - Do not download TeamViewer from third-party links]

I won't be hosting it for long though. Grab it (and share it) while you can! ?

• Mairu

There you go. TeamViewer won't host it, and they won't let you download it! Easy enough for someone technical to checksum it to see that it's untouched. SMH

• Mairu

The only issue I've had so far is a little trouble "waking" the phone if the screen is off. I think the new Samsung powersaving is a little extreme.

Using the APK on an S10e.

• Unfortunately again, did not think that TeamViewer is so fast.
  • Mairu

Shame they can't react to user requests as fast, eh?!

• Could you put the link again
  • Tom_56

@sphinxapfel7 wrote:
    Could you put the link again

You have message........................

• Mairu

@KlausNV wrote:

[expired link removed ]

I have the file hosted but I will not post the link again... it's a surefire way to get my account suspended!

I've generated an MD5 hash for for the APK now. If Klaus would be prepared to check the MD5 against his version of the APK to verify it is untouched, then the links to the APK and corresponding MD5 can be shared via e-mail/PM.

MD5 posted here for permanent confirmation.

Original file name: TeamViewerQSAddon_Samsung.apk  <<-- NOT A LINK
    MD5: 7E9E3D49EF97FCCDD93907F2A628EBB2

If TeamViewer would just make the file available again though, with the caveat that it's a beta and may/may not work on an individual basis, then it would be considerably safer for the community.

• Shaneeo
    Shaneeo Posts: 1
    Link has been removed?
  • Hi,

The link seems to be removed. Would you be kind enough to upload a new link?
  • KlausNV
    KlausNV Posts: 7

New Download Link:

[External link removed - Do not download TeamViewer from Third-party websites]

No wonderring I will upload it again after 7weeks :-)

• Sebas_theFish
    Sebas_theFish Posts: 3 ✭✭

Link is now broken

• healthyboy
    healthyboy Posts: 1

can you please repost the apk, there's still no updates on the one on google play store.

• Sebas_theFish

The link has been updated and I was able to download it from there. Installed it and it works fine.

• Eijck
    Eijck Posts: 1

Sorry, I found the link :-)

• Sebas_theFish
    edited May 2022

[Expired link removed per Community Guidelines]

• Hacker26
    Hacker26 Posts: 8 ✭✭

I got a email from TeamViewer regarding Samsung upgraded to Android 9:
    "Dear Mr. Klauser,

thank you for your message.

Currently there is a Problem regarding Android 9 and Samsung devices. Samsung changed something within their new Android Version which blocks the TeamViewer Add-In of being installed. We working together with Samsung on a solution for this problem.
    At the moment I can not tell you how long it will take till the problem is solved but we are working on it with a high priority.
    I will inform you as soon as I get any information back from our development team.

Please excuse the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

Dennis 
    Support Engineer
    -----------------------

• smaindron
    smaindron Posts: 1

Hi, the link has expired. Please, could you provide it again? I'll be thankfull.

King regards.

• in android 9 Samsung J6 devices Quick support add on is not getting installed. plz help.

• masmas
    masmas Posts: 1

Update the link, please!

• Thx for finally addressing this. It works!