Horrible Support....

afeudale
afeudale Posts: 49 ✭✭

I really don't know why we keep shelling out thousands of dollars per year to you guys...

There is a bug in TV preventing access to an endpoint and we have been on hold for over 30 mins with a message barking every 10 seconds that we are "called number 10 waiting for tech support".  It took 30 mins to get from being caller 11 to caller 10.  At that rate, maybe someone will pickup the phone by tomorrow?

What do you guys do with all the money your clients pay you?  We thought being on the highest subscription (corporate) and adding 7 channels would be enough for some priority support, but I guess not...

Best Answer

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @afeudale 

Thank you for your post.

I have verified our phone lines are operational with no issues. As with any phone support, call volumes can fluctuate and result in a longer wait-time; we answer all calls in the order they are received.

If you do not wish to wait, you can also submit a ticket directly to our support team.

Were you able to reach a represenatative?

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• afeudale

Hey Josh,

Yeah, submitted a ticket as well with no reply.  Still on hold..."called number 4 now".

We call you guys so infrequently (like every 4 months), so it's extremely frustrating to be on hold for so long.

You can see we're a legit customer and have been for almost 10 years now.  So this is just an honest review so others are aware.

Fix your bugs and fix your support guys...you'll lose customers otherwise.

• afeudale

Finally got someone on the phone.  Had to refer to L2 support.

Best answer they could come up with is to do an uninstall/clean on the host machine.  They sent instructions that requires deleting registry entries and system folders.

I'm clearly not going to have my end client do that on their own...so I asked if TV has a clean uninstaller, but nope!  Even the most basic antivirus companies have this sort of tool...lol

Sort of defeats the purpose of a paid TV subscription if I'm going to have to go onsite myself anyways, no?

• JoshP

Hello @afeudale 

Thanks for the update. 

It sounds like you may be dealing with a device-specific issue, preventing access; such issues may not be easily replicated, or resolved with quick adjustments. 

If they did not provide it, here is a direct link (with screenshots) to the required steps for uninstall - you could try a standard uninstall (steps 1 - 4 first) to see if the issue persists, but should it persist, additional steps (registry clearing) could be needed: How to Uninstall TeamViewer

Should the issue persist past a re-install, simply let your support rep know via the ticket you submitted and they can continue with further troubleshooting.

Josh P.

---

• afeudale

Yeah, you should make an uninstaller...no professional in their right mind is going to have their non-technical end users start modifying their registry.

As it stands, I am having my client use a different RDP tool so we can then login and uninstall TV for them.  I remember having to do this all the time with TV6...but that was in 2005!  I would think things had progressed since then.

Put a bit of our subscription money to some R&D please so you can:

1) Fix these bugs
    2) Make a proper uninstaller (takes a programmer about 15 minutes to create one)

Apologies for my tone in these messages, but it's very frustrating to be paying hard-earned money for this kind of software & support.  Our clients would fire us if we ever gave them that sort of support...

• JoshP

Hello @afeudale 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I definitely understand your frustration; I am requesting your support rep reach out to you directly via the ticket created, regarding the uninstallation process, so we may further assist.

We apologize for any inconveniences experienced. 

Josh P.

---