Teamviewer complains "Avira Permium Security suite has been found on the computer"

Hello all,

My TV14 app wont start complaining that "Avira Premium Security has been found on this computer and may be blocking TVs access to the internet". But my Avira Firewall is disabled and so is windows defender firewall. I did not see any application log events in the windows event viewer either to help see what is the problem.

Anyone knows how to fix the issue.tv.png

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @gariki,

Thank you for your message.

I've been browsing the internet and indeed, many people seem to have this issue over the past few years.

Could you, even if your Avira Firewall is disabled, add TeamViewer to the exclusion list, and see if it fixes the issue?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• gariki
    gariki Posts: 7

Hello Jean,

I tried that. Avira firewall is pointing to windows firewalls exclusion list somehow and Teamviewer is already on that list. To top that of, it seems like its a hit or miss. Sometimes when i restart the machine teamviewer seems to have no problem starting up; and sometimes it gets struck with that error message.

It seems like whatever TV is doing in  code to check, has some bug in it. If only they dont check for whatever condition TV is checking and start it would probably work fine.

If someone has a solution i am all ears. 

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @gariki ,

Thank you for your reply.

TeamViewer will mention Avira even if this is not the cause, it is just presented as a possible cause. Really, the error occurs when TeamViewer cannot connect to our servers/routers.

You can try completely disabling Avira for a short period of time to see if this resolves the issue. If it does work, then unfortunately Avira is the cause and we can only advise that TeamViewer needs to be added as an exception.

We don't know enough about this third party application to advise exactly how to do this sorry.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    Hope this information will be helpful.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator