Teamviewer 13: Can't copy clipboard or files, and more

PaddyLandau
PaddyLandau Posts: 14 ✭✭

I have the new Teamviewer 13 on both Windows 10 (the remote host) and Linux Ubuntu 16.04 (the client).

The new Teamviewer's toolbar and features are restricted indeed. The clipboard doesn't copy between machines; I cannot find how to transfer files; there is no option to optimise for speed (the host has a slow internet connection); there is no remote update. EDIT: Also, there is no option to resize the remote computer to its original size on the client machine.

Is there a way to access the old features, or have they been deleted from Teamviewer 13?

Comments

• UCS
    UCS Posts: 1

File Box, chat and many other options are not available on the Linux client.

I can't transfer files to my Linux PC during a remote session from Windows. 13 R2 did not even fix it.

I am switching back to 12 unfortunately and having to deal with all "other party have a newer version" warning...

• PaddyLandau
    Unfortunately, switching to v12 means that you cannot connect to a remote server with v13. It's a mess, sadly. I wish that TeamViewer would reply so that we know whether they intend to fix it or leave it out forever.
  • ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear Users,

Thank you for your posts

Our developers are working hard to bring the native version with the features you need.

At this moment the features you mentioned are not available.

They also want to listen what features are most important to you.

May you please have a look at the following article and participate in the survey included.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux/Update-TeamViewer-13/m-p/24537#M1131

A new update with more features will be released soon.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • PaddyLandau
    Christian, thank you for your reply, letting us know what's happening. I've responded to your survey, and look forward to your next releases.
  • CanadianTech
    CanadianTech Posts: 9 ✭✭

Christian, how can you label a question answered when your answer is that TeamViewer does not do that but you are working on it.  If you are working on it, it should be labeled not answered.  if you are not working on it, then answer that you are not.

I don't find using this forum to find solutions useful when it has answers like this.

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi @CanadianTech,

Thanks for your post.

@ChristianCay is only a support representative. Another user in this thread marked the answer as a solution so that any other user with the same question could easily find the answer to the existing question.

The answer or "solution" is that the feature is not yet available but is being worked on by our development team. When an update is available this thread will be updated accordingly.

Feel free to participate in the survey provided below to provide feedback to our development team on the features that will benefit you using TeamViewer.

Best,

Jonathan

• CanadianTech

Johnathon, I am one of those hunting.  I thought that it was a problem that had been solved.  Which is what it says.  A problem that still exists but someone plans to solve some day is not solved.  It sure misled me.

• PaddyLandau

I have now marked this thread as "Not solved".

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

HI @PaddyLandau,

Thanks for the update.

As previously stated, any new features or updates will be provided in this thread so that all users can benefit.

Thanks to everyone for their support and patience!

Best,

Jonathan

• CanadianTech

Thank you.  That is appropriate.

I am still using 12.  A rather conservative guy.  I am trying to assess whether the time is right yet.  Advice is appreciated.

• PaddyLandau

@CanadianTech wrote:

I am still using 12.  I am trying to assess whether the time is right yet.  Advice is appreciated.

Based on my experience, I would avoid 13 at this stage. Too many important features are missing. But, you have to take to care to prevent all of your remote hosts from automatically upgrading to version 13. You can't get into them if you're on 12 and your remote is on 13.

When it comes out of Beta, perhaps then it will be ready for prime-time.

• CanadianTech

I had the foresight to set my client computers such that they do not update unless I tell them to specifically do this.  

I was not aware 13 is still a Beta.  That answers my question for sure.  I will not touch it until some time after beta is over.

• The problem is the main TeamViewer website offers version 13 in download, so customer install version 13, and no way to exchange files.

The only partial solution I have is to keep version 12 installed, and to use the chrome plugin to connect to version 13, but without file transfer.

• I'm having this trouble with clipboard in all platforms.  It has worked before on all platforms, but I don't recall which version of Teamviewer was the last one in which clipboard worked.  I never used chat in the earlier versions, and then I recently used it in Teamviewer version 13 to circumvent the clipboard issue, and it worked - once.  Today it's no longer working.  I use teamviewer on Linux, Windows, MacIntosh, Android, and iOS platforms.  Please explain how I can repair this or when a repair will be available in an update.  

• Maybe we all need to switch back to v12 on all devices?

@PaddyLandau wrote:
    Unfortunately, switching to v12 means that you cannot connect to a remote server with v13. It's a mess, sadly. I wish that TeamViewer would reply so that we know whether they intend to fix it or leave it out forever.

• Your reply does not answer my question, but if it had, how would I "Accept it as a solution to help others"?
  • If I wanted to do so, how may I "Accept it as a solution to help others"?
  • PaddyLandau

@espressonator wrote:
    If I wanted to do so, how may I "Accept it as a solution to help others"?

The OP has a button to accept a reply as a solution. So far, there's been no solution, so none has been accepted.

• CanadianTech

I will not switch to 13 until TV has corrected this and all other problems

• @ChristianCay wrote:

Dear Users,

Thank you for your posts

Our developers are working hard to bring the native version with the features you need.

At this moment the features you mentioned are not available.

They also want to listen what features are most important to you.

May you please have a look at the following article and participate in the survey included.

A new update with more features will be released soon.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Christian

I am now on version 14.3.4730 on Windows 10 and on Ubuntu. The issues described previously continue. Specifically, it is not possible to copy on Win 10 and paste on Linux. This works fine from Win 10 to Win 10.

So, I can only conclude that the new update which was promised (above), while at v13, does not fix this. 

• @Jonathan wrote:

Hi @CanadianTech,

Thanks for your post.

@ChristianCay is only a support representative. Another user in this thread marked the answer as a solution so that any other user with the same question could easily find the answer to the existing question.

The answer or "solution" is that the feature is not yet available but is being worked on by our development team. When an update is available this thread will be updated accordingly.

Feel free to participate in the survey provided below to provide feedback to our development team on the features that will benefit you using TeamViewer.

Best,

Jonathan

That survey is not available. It was for V13.
    I am now on V14 win 10 and Ubuntu. The issue is still unresolved.
    That's after a major update and over one year since we were told a solution was coming soon.