Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Linkey
    Linkey Posts: 1

I have the same issue. I connect from my cell phone to my home. The only thing I can possibly think of is that a laptop on the account sometimes is used from a Hotel, but TeamViewer has never been used in that setting.

• livingny
    livingny Posts: 1

I have used TeamViewer for personal use since 2015 and now my account is showing up as an expired trial and I can't connect to my home computer!  I've double checked and from what I've seen TeamViewer is still free for personal use.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and checked again that I use this for Personal/Private use but I'm getting the same trial expired issue.  I've even tried downloading older versions and same problem.  ALTHOUGH when I go online to my online Management Console my account shows up as a free account!!!  I put in a ticket for this to be adjusted but it said it can take 30 days to resolve.... so is there anything I can do to fix this or am I suspended from using my account for a month?

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

• mozo
    mozo Posts: 28 ✭✭

Same problem here. I'm suspected for commercial usage but I use TeamViewer for personal purposes only. They drop my connection in 5 minutes and this makes TeamViewer completely useless.

• bkdroid13
    bkdroid13 Posts: 1

teamviewer is very best community. i also use this. but i have same problem. my account is not log in. so i am very tressed. please let me know you reply

• I negated the current issues being experienced with Teamviewer by uninstalling the application from all hosts.

I'm now using an alternative, called A n y D e s k  - this works well for me although the control method takes a little getting used to.

• mozo

**Third Party Product** doesn't work at all in Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.1. It works fine with Arch but some of my friends I help use Mint...

• Onoderra
    Onoderra Posts: 2

Why my teamviewer suspected me as commercial use

• Ok, that is news to me. It definitely works on Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa (systemd is an abomination and won't be installed by my good self as a matter of principle). Raspberry Pi clients which are systemd work fine as well. I'd be interested to know why it doesn't work on later versions of Mint...

• mozo

I don't know. I installed it as a backup program on a friend's laptop, and one day, when I have to create remote connection for help, I decided to try it. It actually connects and I see the remote desktop but I have no mouse and keyboard input at all. In the Mint's software center there is review section and the only one review tells as almost the same - the application doesn't work on Linux Mint. That's why TeamViewr was a very good tool but times are changing...

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

Be patient! I've been waiting for 6 months , my account still blocked. Good luck!

• JackHK

Fill in the form and wait! Good luck!

• JackHK

Find alternative! Good luck!

• JackHK

Fill in the form and wait, good luck!

• JackHK

Agree totally!

• pvdlee
    pvdlee Posts: 3 ✭✭

@JackHK wrote:

Fill in the form and wait! Good luck!

I don´t see any form, where should I find it?

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@pvdlee : here you go:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

or this one, I'm not sure what's the difference between the two of them:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

• pvdlee
    pvdlee Posts: 3 ✭✭

@pv7721 wrote:

I did not try the first, the last you mentioned worked

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@pvdlee : it's the second one, then! 

• Ant1
    Ant1 Posts: 28

The free version is not really for non-commercial users. It is intended to get you to join up. I was also a non-commercial user who got blocked suddenly before an important meeting. This basically forced me to pay for a license as I had no time to search for a free alternative.

Then when I did sign-up, their incredibly unfair renewal practices came into force. TeamViewer hid their practice of automatically renewing the license and taking money from people's bank account unless they give 28 days notice in the fine print at the bottom of the invoice. They neither told me this in the original e-mail or did they send me a renewal notice. 

I found later that in their documentation that they say that they will send a renewal notice unless local laws do not allow it. This was untrue - actually they will not send a renewal notice unless forced to by local new laws.

In my case I paid for the license at Australian rate and in Australian dollars, and all my dealings with TeamViewer have been with the Australian office. Under Australian laws the renewal must be sent. But as I was going to be spending a lot of time in China, I put down an address in China.

Teamviewer then used the lack of Chinese laws not to send the renewal letter claiming I was a Chinese user even though they had happily forced me to pay Australian rates. When I raised these issues and the fact that I no longer use the product (which they can verify from their records) their only response is that they "cannot cancel the subscription".

TeamViewer has no interest in acting with integrity or dealing with customers fairly. Deal with this company at your own risk.

• Ant1

The free version is not really for non-commercial users. It is intended to get you to join up. I was also a non-commercial user who got blocked suddenly before an important meeting. This basically forced me to pay for a license as I had no time to search for a free alternative.

Then when I did sign-up, their incredibly unfair renewal practices came into force. TeamViewer hid their practice of automatically renewing the license and taking money from people's bank account unless they give 28 days notice in the fine print at the bottom of the invoice. They neither told me this in the original e-mail or did they send me a renewal notice. 

I found later that in their documentation that they say that they will send a renewal notice unless local laws do not allow it. This was untrue - actually they will not send a renewal notice unless forced to by local new laws.

In my case I paid for the license at Australian rate and in Australian dollars, and all my dealings with TeamViewer have been with the Australian office. Under Australian laws the renewal must be sent. But as I was going to be spending a lot of time in China, I put down an address in China.

Teamviewer then used the lack of Chinese laws not to send the renewal letter claiming I was a Chinese user even though they had happily forced me to pay Australian rates. When I raised these issues and the fact that I no longer use the product (which they can verify from their records) their only response is that they "cannot cancel the subscription".

TeamViewer has no interest in acting with integrity or dealing with customers fairly. Deal with this company at your own risk.

• shimul
    shimul Posts: 1

Hi,

I am using free virsion of teamviter and also personal use only, when I am remortly connected than it show a message( please see the image) . I am using only frr and personal use only so why it occurd?

Capture.JPGasdasdasd.JPG

• LandRocket
    LandRocket Posts: 7 ✭✭

All you can do is fill in the online form, and wait for them to get back to you....

• Since upgrading to windows 10 Pro, teamview software accuses me of using the software for commercial use, that is a load of **bleep**.  Why is this happening, never had problems with it when I was running windows 7 pro and never had the problem on 2000 Pro if I remmeber correctly.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro (1903), Phanteks eclipse P400 TGE tower, Intel i7 8700 @3.20GHz, EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, 2x 24" Widescreen FHD 1080p monitors, 16 Gigs of ram DDR4's PC4-21300, 250GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD.

Others: Eset IS (Latest version), CCleaner Pro, Adwcleaner, Firefox (Latest version).
  • JackHK

Change another computer! Just kidding!

In fact it's not related to which Window you use, that relates to the user pattern and time, TV tracks everything! Please fill in the form and wait, good luck!

• What form to fill in there is nothing there?

I have emailed them and nothing provided feedback and nothing.  I sometimes connect to Dads computer who lives in Tauranga and one of my other mates in Hamilton, but apart from that its all on my home network.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro (1903), Phanteks eclipse P400 TGE tower, Intel i7 8700 @3.20GHz, EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, 2x 24" Widescreen FHD 1080p monitors, 16 Gigs of ram DDR4's PC4-21300, 250GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD.

Others: Eset IS (Latest version), CCleaner Pro, Adwcleaner, Firefox (Latest version).
  • Ant1

Be very careful when dealing with TeamViewer they are highly unethical. I suggest you find another provider. I was a non-commercial user who got blocked suddenly before a very important meeting, effectively forcing me to pay for a license as I had no time to search for a free alternative.

• @LandRocket wrote:

All you can do is fill in the online form, and wait for them to get back to you....

Thank you.

• @shimul wrote:

Hi,

I am using free virsion of teamviter and also personal use only, when I am remortly connected than it show a message( please see the image) . I am using only frr and personal use only so why it occurd?

Capture.JPG

This is exactly the same problem that I'm having too.

• I found another user having the same problem so I got the link from there and filled it out.

@JackHK wrote:

Change another computer! Just kidding!

In fact it's not related to which Window you use, that relates to the user pattern and time, TV tracks everything! Please fill in the form and wait, good luck!

•  

@pv7721 wrote:

Thank you.