Connection Failed (no route)

thoma_s
thoma_s Posts: 2

I'm currently running Teamviewer 9 on a number of computers, over the weekend something happened where from my android smartphone I can no longer access around half of the computers. When I do so the connection failed(no route) comes up.

The computers are all running the same version of the software, I tried to reinstall the older version of the Android app, this didn't help either. I've reinstalled the current version a number of times. I have a windows 10 computer that I can still access the sites with no issues. 

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @thoma_s ,

Thank you for your post.

-If you are using the free Version-

If you are a free user, please note that free users cannot use older versions of the license and these connections will be blocked. Please see our announcement here 

-If you have a license for an older version-

If you have a perpetual license for an older version, please make sure that you are using your license for these connections and if you still have problems, please contact our support team.

Hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • GoldyAu
    GoldyAu Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Doesn't help at all... I can connect from TV11 with company licence to all computers. But I am unable with free android version to connect to those computers. I can only connect to the PC where I am logged in (the one with the licence).
    This happened recently and it has to be solved as soon as possible. Please update the android version (I would say, that is the problem..)
  • thoma_s
    thoma_s Posts: 2

I spoke with someone this morning that was helpful, 

They have updated that for older versions of the software (I'm not sure on which versions) that free to free connections will not work. For computer's you can add the product key in yourself, for cellphone app based ones you need to call the customer support number to get them to add it for you. 

• Norlig
    Norlig Posts: 5 ✭✭

I am running 14.3.198 CL on Android and 14.3.4730 on Windows.

Free user.

Still getting no Route error...

• Yuri_T

Hi @Norlig ,

Thank you for your post.

I just want to double check with you if the remote device is also using the latest version?
    Even if you are running the latest version though, you can't remote control to the older version between private users.

Hope this will be helpful.

All the best,
    Yuri

• Norlig
    @Yuri_T, I am trying to connect from my android phone to Windows, with the above mentioned versions.

Is it not supposed to work with those versions?
  • GoldyAu

And I am using latest free version for Android (OnePlus5t) and cannot connect to hosts versions 11 or 10 with it!

And having message "Connection Failed (no route)" it does look like some problem in the app. (tried both wifi and 4G)

• Yuri_T

Hi @GoldyAu ,

Thank you for your post.
    If you are a private user, as I mentioned above, both of devices(a local machine and a remote machine) needs to be the latest version.

I apologize for any convenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

All the best, Yuri

• Can you please confirm if i'm having free TV on the older TV (VERSION 9 - HOST) and commercial licensed latest version on the computer i'm controlling from...will it work ?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @bhavyasaran,

Thank you for your message.

If you have activated your license on your master side, there is no technical reason that it shouldn't work properly. You can connect from a licensed version 14 to a Host version 9.

We wish you a good day.

Jean

Community Manager

• GoldyAu

@Yuri_T  and when this happened? Because I didnt have any issues until last week or the week before... And I didnt even receive any official email stating that this is now necessary...

• JeanK

Hello @GoldyAu ,

Thank you for your message.

You will find our official statement about this in the section General of the article: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• GoldyAu

@JeanK thank you for the link, but for me it is really not clearly stated in there that free user (running latest update) won't be able to connect to older version of teamviewer host. For me it just states - please update your teamviewer to the latest version, otherwise there is no change...

And in case of such an impact (that I am now unable to connect from latest version to older when using free account) it would be good idea to inform about this by email all users (I didnt receive any email regarding some big change in function).

Or am I not right of the limitation?

• Norlig

@JeanK@Yuri_T 

Is the version I mentioned above, supposed to work or not? =/

As far as I know, I am using the last version in both ends, but still get no Route error

• JeanK

@Norlig If you are getting the error message, then maybe you do not have the latest versions on both sides of the connection.

You can check your version under HelpAbout TeamViewer.

The latest version of TeamViewer is 14.3.4730.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• Norlig

@JeanK 

I gave my versions in a post above, one of them being 14.3.4730.

But I just tested a connection now, and it worked.

• Norlig
    Are there any limitations with connecting over LAN?
  • In work they use TV 11. If I am to connect to my home PC (as I often do from work -but for "personal use"), then I need to stick with TV11 on my home PC too (I believe?). This has been working fine.

...Sometimes I also use my phone to connect to my home PC, but now I find this does not work. Is there a solution? 

• ?

• Regardt
    Regardt Posts: 1

Hi. How do i use my android with teamviewer 11 license. 

• TeamViewer team is asking to Update to the newest version to be able to continue using for free.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Announcements/Updating-to-the-latest-and-greatest-version-of-TeamViewer/m-p/49692#M174

I did that, but, probably, because my PC is really old, and using Windows XP, the new version was not able to end the instalation properly. When I try to start the program, comes the error message: "Not possible to find entrance point for procedure "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" in the library of dynamic link KERNEL32.dll"

• Connection Failed (no route) in ver10
    me also
  • This is still broken

im using the windows full version download and the android download both from the Teamviewer 9 download page

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Download-TeamViewer-8-and-9/ta-p/78348#toc-hId--**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

This No Route issue is still happening, Would be great to get it fixed as teamviewer is usesless in this state.

• Hi,

I am using the latest version of TeamViewer (15.11.151) in both remote and controller devices. When I am trying to connect the remote device the status shows away (through host) and the connection is getting timed out. Then the status of the remote device changes automatically to online and the next time I try to connect it shows connection failed(no route). Please help.

• zvidan
    zvidan Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

I have 15.29.97 CL (FREE) version installed on my Android 12 phone, Samsung 10+ device.

On my Win-19 desktop I have 15.29.4 (32 bit) version installed.

On another Samsung device (SM M127F), I've installed the latest HOST app.

At both devices I've entered my free TV account.

When I try to start remote control from my device to HOST device, I receive the answer "Connection failed (no route)".

What could be a reason, how it can be corrected ?