Cannot open TeamViewer

zanestein
zanestein Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have Windows 10.  Clicking on the TeamViewer icon will not open the program, but it shows the program running in TaskManager.  I have verified that TeamViewer is running in Services, and also tried restarting it.  I have tried running the program as Administrator.  I have tried redownloading the program.  I have added an exception for TeamViewer to my Avast Antivirus, and to Windows Defender.  

Interestingly, I have another icon for TeamViewer: Remote Control, and that works fine.

What can I do to get the program working?

Tagged:

Comments

• Rob-G
    Rob-G Posts: 6

Have you tried re-installing the software? I would try doing it over the top of your current install first, as there may be a component missing causing the load to fail.

• zanestein
    zanestein Posts: 2

@Rob-G wrote:

Have you tried re-installing the software? I would try doing it over the top of your current install first, as there may be a component missing causing the load to fail.

I had tried that before I even posted my problem.  Last night, I uninstalled Team Viewer, manually deleted every folder and file I could find labeled Team Viewer, reinstalled.  Still can not open the program.

I did not as yet try deleting all registry entries before reinstalling, but that may be my next course of action unless somene has an alternative idea.

• bplives
    bplives Posts: 2 ✭✭

I found this while also searching for a solution.....

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/1616/teamviewer-wont-start