Stuck on "Connecting to..." with mobile device, but can see Apps and Dashboard.

Wild
Wild Posts: 2

I lost my Android phone somewhere in my house with the ringtone and volume turned all the way off!  

But I remembered I had setup TeamViewer in the event of this happening.   

So I load up TeamViewer and login, and see my phone listed under "Computers and Contact" section.  

When I try to connect to it however, it sits on the "Connecting to *devicename*..." screen.

While it is stuck there, I can click on the Dashboard tab and see all of my phones stats such as battery left and storage, etc.  Same when I click on the Apps tab, I see all my apps installed on the device.  

So I know that TeamViewer IS connected to my phone, yet the "Remote Control" tab which shares the screen hangs on "Connecting to *devicename*..." forever.

Looking for a solution to this before my phone battery dies!  

P.S.  I did recently swap motherboards on my computer and just let Windows 10 figure it out instead of a fresh reinstall of the OS.  

Thank you in advance! 

Tagged:

Comments

• Wild
    Wild Posts: 2

Using TeamViewer version 13.0.3711.88039 Beta

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Wild 

Just came across your post and hope you found your mobile meanwhile. 

Anyways - I wanted to suggest to update your TeamViewer to the latest version of TeamViewer 13 (if you have a license for it) and otherwise to TeamViewer 14.

The 13 BETA is meanwhile outdated and it is always the best to have the latest version installed.

I hope this avoids a stucking connection attempt next time you want to connect.

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Maddoglee
    Maddoglee Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi I'm having this problem as well... I can't really access my phone

I am on version 15.22.3.

Hmm it says there is already a connection to this device... what does that mean?